• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The NEW reformulated round Opana ER Mega Thread v.1 really? again??

I've read that people are dissolving them in a shot of alchohol, so for snorting, could you dissolve it in the alchohol, then evaporate it? The good stuff would have then be released and a powder left behind? Wish I had one so I could try it. Wouldn't be any good for someone trying for an IV, but it might work for up the nose. Just a thought, I'm no scientist:)

Nah, trust me alcohol is like the first thing people would have tried. They likely addressed the alcohol issue as the old opana used to be extracted for injection easily with alcohol.

It doesn't matter even if you powder it (I'd use a coffee grinder) it won't defeat INTAC.

I've been having a hard time finding info about "INTAC" all i found was this:

Endo is committed to executing a seamless transition in 2012 from the original formulation to the new formulation, which utilizes the proprietary INTAC™ technology owned by Grunenthal, a partner in the development of the product.

Could you provide a link or explanation about it? I'm assuming that this "INTAC" makes the tablet still a 12hr time release even if its crushed or powderized? I don't know, lol

i dont think there's much information on it, as it is patented and trademarked. Even if it's powdered in a coffee grinder it will not defeat the time release.

To upload pictures, upload to imgur.com and put the link inside
picture.jpg

Well as for the Dremel, it may not exactly beat the time release, but by turning it into smaller particles, wouldn't that be giving it more surface area for the stomach to work on, making it release faster? May be the best way to do it, then just 'chut it.

that looks to be the remnants of an opana 20mg ER.

What's the black shit towards the bottom?

By the way we do not use SWIM, read the BLUA & OD guidelines found in my signature.

As much as I love Opana, that doesn't even look like something I would want to snort. It looks like grinded up plastic...

...Ah, I miss Opana, and I can still get the originals. sadfase.

Seriously, it looks like flakes of plastic (WHICH IT IS!)

That's not going anywhere near my nose.

My advice: Give up on brand name Opana, seek other forms of oxymorphone or do like me and make the switch to hydromorphone.

i hate reading this thread. i got some older opanas yesterday but can only find new ones today. who the hell wants these?!?!?

Hi guys I'm new here. And have the same problem. Been on opana ER for over a year. Then they wanna go and change them up BUT. The Actavis has been granted permission to make a generic but only in the 7.5 and 15 mg and they are the OLD formulation. I'll be askin my doc to change me to the 15's although it's lower mg's than what I've been on. I'd rather do that than get the new garbage. I talked to Actavis personally and got the national drug code for the 15's which is what the pharmacies need to order them it is 0228-3262-11. And like I said that is for the 15's only. I don't know the NDC# for the 7.5 (but who wants that anyways..lol). I hope this helps!,

Ask for 15 mg. Actavis makes a generic and it's NOT the new formulation!

your right and it sucks ive been in pain managment 4 almost a year and now they swich over to these round piece of shit pills!!

same here and am pissed i was used to the hexagon ones and these are round and aint worth a shit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude you should probably edit out your email address. I mean, you have plenty of people on bluelight to talk about it with. If not in this specific thread, check out the "new, NEW opana megathread."

Just search around for it, you'll find it. & it could kinda be taken as sourcing... asking a bunch of people to email you to "talk" about the new Opana and shit..

This is my experience insufflating the new Opana ER TRFs and it has worked very well for me.

The method I use is to grind the pills up:

1) Get a dremel tool - I find the dremel works MUCH better than electric screwdrivers due to the dremel's significantly faster rotation speed

(I use the 7300 MiniMite Cordless Dremel: http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-7300-N...ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1335751454&sr=1-1
The aluminum oxide grinding stone tip worked very well and is included in the package. I got mine at Lowes and I'd bet you could also get it at home depot as well if you don't feel like waiting for shipping.)

2) Cut a small hole in side of an empty water bottle that MUST BE COMPLETELY DRY (like if you were making a bong out of it and were cutting a hole for the mother piece)

3) Cut the top off the water bottle (so it has a big enough opening to fit a dremel tool in)

4) Using needle nose pliers, hold the pill and put it through the small hole in the side of the water bottle

5) Put dremel tool in the water bottle and start grinding the pill - be sure you are using a dremel tip that will not fall apart and shed sand

6) Once you are done grinding, dump the powder out and enjoy.

It is also important not to directly grind the pill for too long or else the friction will cause too much heat and begin to make the pill melt/gel up rather than create a fine powder. The water bottle is important because otherwise the pill powder will fly everywhere. Also, I have found that by mixing in some baking soda with the ground pills (~1/3 to 1/2 as much baking soda as you have ground pills) helps keeping the powder from clumping and also seems to help preventing the powder gelling up as much in your nose.

Using this method works just as well as snorting the old yellow stop signs. I am not sure if it is due to my currently low tolerance, using baking soda or what, but snorting these actually hits me harder and lasts much longer than the old formula, anyone else notice this?