• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The NEW reformulated round Opana ER Mega Thread v.1 really? again??

^ I really don't think that there is a difference between the new Opana ER, and the new new Opana ER, other than the shape. They still have the same ingridients as one another, so the only possible difference that I can think of is that the proportions of inactive ingridients may have been altered. I really doubt it though, and if the first new batch was bad, there would have been a recall probably. Here are the ingidients lists for both of them:

Biconcave formula ingridients (scroll down to page 15)
Biconvex formula ingidients (scroll to page 15)

Edit: I figured I should include the original formuation ingridients list as well:
Original formula ingridients (scroll to page 14)

Last edited:
Opana IR??

So we have all heard a lot about the new opana ER and the new new opana ER lately and how much they suck.. but I was wondering is opana IR still the same and can be snorted/shot?? I'm assuming so but want to confirm because I am hopefully going to start pain management in a few weeks but am trying to decide what to aim for

switching from opana

So my last dealer is basically out of opanas here in the bay area. sure they might come around every so often but no longer a regular thing. trying to safely find alternatives.

Got a fent patch for the first time in a while last night just slapped it on an hour or two ago. I do about half a yellow 40mgER oxyM to get comfortable a whole one to get solidly high. I should be fine just wearing it right (100Mcg/hr).

Also roxis are about to quickly put me in the poor house. I could get 3 60mg morphine pills for the price of one roxi 30. who gets the morphine who goes with the blue?

If you get morphine I would reccomend plugging it. As morphines oral bioavailability is something around 20% it'll last you longer if you plug it.

This topic has been covered a million times, I'm going to merge it with the newly reformulated Opana megathread

why you gonna do me like that tricomb? i have 2 specific questions here let them get answered first imo

yea 10irs are the holy grail you can bang them whatever but afaik noone is even making them right now

This topic has been covered, and goes in the Opana megathread, moving this there now, more information in one place.

New ER Opanas (Oxymorphone) Ineffective Sublingually?

I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place. The ADD board doesn't seem appropriate, given I have no scientific evidence.

My area of discussion is this: Are the "new" convex (both hexagonal or round) effective sublingually?

A search of Bluelight reveals little to nothing, but this may be due to my poor searching skills. A search engine search reveals two anecdotal posts suggesting that they are not effective. Anecdotal evidence suggests the same.

Does anyone have any anecdotal or scientific evidence to suggest that the Timerx system "screws" with sublingual absorption? I believe that IR oxymorphone is effective when applied sublingually, so the idea that the ER oxymorphone is not effective does not make very much sense to me. Admittedly, I have very poor knowledge.

Thank you for your time, and for any useful comments, whether they be anecdotal or scientific.

-Thank you SPC123. I have not heard of this useful analogy before. I was wondering if it was just me, as sublingual OPs seem effective. But I suppose the Timerx system with the silicified microcrystalline cellulose and etc., is different from what are in OPs ER system.

-Thank you as well, effie. I will read up on the link you provided

-Tommyboy: they seem to break down under the tongue and around the gums, as long as there is saliva. Breakdown seems to occur somewhere between an hour to an hour and a half. It would be good to know conclusively that the Opana ERs are ineffective when applied sublingually. I am very surprised that there isn't more discussion on this, as the reported 10% oral BA is abysmal. Thank you for your contribution

-Thank you too, tricomb. My experience matches what you have described regarding both the effects and the time it takes to dissolve. I was hoping the sublingual ROA would be more effective both in terms of perceived effect and BA, but it seems that this is not possible by design.

Last edited:
It makes perfect sense to me. ER formulations generally rely on some type of molecular "container" for the drug. As long as the drug is in it's container, it will not be absorbed. These containers, in oral formulations, are designed to break down under the conditions present GI tract. Absent these conditions, the container will not break down and the drug will not be released. In order to effectively use an ER medication sublingually you would need to prep it in much the same way you would for intranasal administration. That is, you'd need to defeat the time release formulation, the "container".

^ This was my general understanding too, but I don't know any specifics about the new Opana formula I am afraid but I would be very surprised if they worked sublingually.

I wasn't sure what info we had either so I just did a quick search - the google powered search box at the very top right is simpler than the site search, I typed "new opana" and found a few threads including this one in Other Drugs. As OD tends to cover this sort of thing I am going to send it over there for you. too

BDD > OD

Endo did away with the hexagonal Opana ERs, and reformulated it to make it a lot harder to abuse. The TimeRx-n was used in the ER hexagonal pills, but those are no longer available unless you get them from somebody that has held onto them from before the reformulation a month or 2 ago. If you come across them though, I don't think that they would be effective sublingually due to the gelling.

I highly doubt that the new reformulated ones would work sublingually. Anybody that put one of those pills into a glass of water has said that the pill swells up to 3x its size, and people that did this with smaller pieces had similar results. It would probably take so long to break down under your tongue (if it ever does) that it would make the sublingual ROA pointless.

Not going to work sublingually, I achieve low-moderate effects from sublingualling the OP OxyContin, I leave the gel under my tongue til it dissolves (usually 1.5-2 hours) but I could be achieving effects just from swallowing my spit so it might just be orally.

Basically, sublingually is not going to magically make the new opana worthwile. If it doesn't work for you orally, you're on the wrong med.

Merging with the Oxymorphone Megathread.

Anyone tried just letting the pill release its goodies into water over a 24 hour period and evaporating the water to yield the goodies?

I did that with the old ones, but I think the new ones have chemicals in it so that even in prolonged contact water, the oxymorphone is trapped inside the polymer.

Have not tried the new opana ER.

Hmm. Maybe I'm missing something here, but what if you dissolved it in a high acid vinegar, in an attempt to mimic the stomach acids it's supposed to break down with, filtered it, and evaporated the vinegar?
I almost wish I had some of these craptastic things. I love a challenge

Hmm. Maybe I'm missing something here, but what if you dissolved it in a high acid vinegar, in an attempt to mimic the stomach acids it's supposed to break down with, filtered it, and evaporated the vinegar?
I almost wish I had some of these craptastic things. I love a challenge

I don't think vinegar is acidic enough to defeat the polymer. People have tried that and failed with the OP Oxycontins, also used other corrosive liquids such as coca cola and pure lemon juice. Everything I've read about that was a failure. I'm pretty sure we'd need industrial solvents and a chemist.