• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The NEW reformulated round Opana ER Mega Thread v.1 really? again??

Rofl. Last time I checked talknig about opanas is thep oint of this thread.

ANYWAY...what happend to "ohhh generics in september?" Obsly...september is here...and things are getting worst. A friend of mine died form injecting one of these things (40mg)

I heard that they aren't releasing the good generics til 2013 but I don't remember for sure. There are already generic 15mg ones that are better than Opana ER, but its not as good as the octagons. Shame they did away with a pill that was already really really good, just like OxyContin, and turn it into complete crap and watch everyone panic but keep filling the new brand.

Personally, I think that you vote with your money. If everyone had switched off Opana ER when they reformulated, even if for ONE month a lot of people switched to morphine or another alternative, they probably would have brought back the octagons. But they're still making millions/billions so they have no incentive to change.

Did Purdue switch back? No. People hated the OPs but didn't do anything thing about it and kept filling their scripts. It's understandable but hindsight is 20/20 and all it would take for these medications to stay in good formulation is to vote with your money, don't financially support something you don't agree with.

I will repeat 2 things. 1. tricomb I told you not a tek, but more the key to extracting them with a mini-"rough draft" that was no was in any means meant to be considered a safe "tek" 2. I posted that there was a tek not to get people to buy it or attempt "safer extractions," but to deter people from doing extractions that are not even close to safe or complete if they did not know it yields a powder without crisping/cooking. 3. I say its for sale not to trying to promote the overpriced tek that should be free, but only trying to point out people should be able to RESEARCH it themselves and find the answer extremely easily as long as they are knowledgeable and willing to go all out to make sure it is done right. Not just buy it if they are rich whether they need it or not or have the scientific knowledge to understand it and reproduce it.

That being said the old formulation is still available as I refilled my 20 mg and picked up 30 stop signs. I look forward to the generics coming out and hope they do not make it with an "abuse deterrent." Back in 2010 watson claimed to be releasing them this month, but I have not seen anything else about it.

I will repeat 2 things. 1. tricomb I told you not a tek, but more the key to extracting them with a mini-"rough draft" that was no was in any means meant to be considered a safe "tek" 2. I posted that there was a tek not to get people to buy it or attempt "safer extractions," but to deter people from doing extractions that are not even close to safe or complete if they did not know it yields a powder without crisping/cooking. 3. I say its for sale not to trying to promote the overpriced tek that should be free, but only trying to point out people should be able to RESEARCH it themselves and find the answer extremely easily as long as they are knowledgeable and willing to go all out to make sure it is done right. Not just buy it if they are rich whether they need it or not or have the scientific knowledge to understand it and reproduce it.

That being said the old formulation is still available as I refilled my 20 mg and picked up 30 stop signs. I look forward to the generics coming out and hope they do not make it with an "abuse deterrent." Back in 2010 watson claimed to be releasing them this month, but I have not seen anything else about it.

Word tricomb they shoulda switched. Woulda payed off.

And LOL...this guy madbro

I know you didn't send me a tek, there's no way what you sent me would do anything with the pills that hasn't already been covered in these opana megathreads. Coincidentally, harm reduction would involve making information about safer drug abuse readily available. Harm reduction is FREE. I don't know what you're talking about people researching extraction teks, that's exactly what people do to end up here in this megathread from google. Which is why if you had a legit extraction tek, it would be posted in here.

You keep inferring that you have an extraction tek that is somehow safer than others, I'm calling BS, I'll even go as far as to say that it's probably already been posted and doesn't contain anything new or noteworthy. Of course, it doesn't do any good to discuss a "secret" tek, so we needn't explore this further.

attempting to break the new Opana ER Formulation!(work in progress)

due to some poor luck i received a bundle of these tough bastards when i thot they would be the stop signs.... after reading many threads and failed attempts from other people i might have an idea.

i read over some of the basics on how the time release works and from what i understand.. water essentially displaces the goodies out of the time release matrix slowly over 12 hrs or w.e which we see as the gelling mechanism. all the other attempts people have made seem to involve attempting to grind or powderize the pill in some form. i think the key to unlocking these tablets is somewhat counter-intuitive....

what im thinking is the trick is to leave the pill intact and allow the gelling mechanism to complete, which i believe would mean all of the oxymorphone has been released from the polymer that is bound to it originally. then at that point attempt to extract the oxymorphone from the solution and somehow separate it from the gelld mess or vice versa. i managed to find the patents on the time release mechanism and basically it will release in plain old water no problem.

my first attempt at this i just put the tablet in a dish with very low water level and waited about 8 hrs and then i removed the gelld clump with some tweezers( some of the nasty stuff invariably was left behind)... then i began evaporating the water... i have an image of the result, ill post it once i upload it somwher. anyway i scraped the residue up and it was definitely easier to get into a powdery form but still had some gelling action upon snorting and im guessing that not all of the oxy released cuz it wasnt that strong...(caution was also used, knowing how powerful it would be had the attempt succeeded) again it was def an improvement over grinding, but not worth the effort and obv loss of product. ( inspected the gelled mass later after it dried and it appeard to have not completely released)

im guessing the missing component to pulling this off is separating the polymer goo from the water/oxy solution once the release is complete( which im going to wait a full 24 hrs to complete this time).

this time im attempting the "release" in a water bottle, once complete i think im going to try and put a coffee filter or something similar over the cap and drain into another dish for extraction...while i realize this wont be perfect on the molecular level, the polymer does tend to stick together so im thinking it might just stay stuck to the bottom of the bottle or congeal at the filter...im also guessing that even something like a +50% reduction in that junk will improve the experience.

just wondered if anyone had any ideas on how best to isolate the oxy from teh water/polymer or isolating the polymer from water oxy? chemically they seem soluble in most of the same things that i would have access to.. also any particular evaporation technique that i should use?

i plan to post updates if u guys r interested

due to some poor luck i received a bundle of these tough bastards when i thot they would be the stop signs.... after reading many threads and failed attempts from other people i might have an idea.

i read over some of the basics on how the time release works and from what i understand.. water essentially displaces the goodies out of the time release matrix slowly over 12 hrs or w.e which we see as the gelling mechanism. all the other attempts people have made seem to involve attempting to grind or powderize the pill in some form. i think the key to unlocking these tablets is somewhat counter-intuitive....

what im thinking is the trick is to leave the pill intact and allow the gelling mechanism to complete, which i believe would mean all of the oxymorphone has been released from the polymer that is bound to it originally. then at that point attempt to extract the oxymorphone from the solution and somehow separate it from the gelld mess or vice versa. i managed to find the patents on the time release mechanism and basically it will release in plain old water no problem.

my first attempt at this i just put the tablet in a dish with very low water level and waited about 8 hrs and then i removed the gelld clump with some tweezers( some of the nasty stuff invariably was left behind)... then i began evaporating the water... i have an image of the result, ill post it once i upload it somwher. anyway i scraped the residue up and it was definitely easier to get into a powdery form but still had some gelling action upon snorting and im guessing that not all of the oxy released cuz it wasnt that strong...(caution was also used, knowing how powerful it would be had the attempt succeeded) again it was def an improvement over grinding, but not worth the effort and obv loss of product. ( inspected the gelled mass later after it dried and it appeard to have not completely released)

im guessing the missing component to pulling this off is separating the polymer goo from the water/oxy solution once the release is complete( which im going to wait a full 24 hrs to complete this time).

this time im attempting the "release" in a water bottle, once complete i think im going to try and put a coffee filter or something similar over the cap and drain into another dish for extraction...while i realize this wont be perfect on the molecular level, the polymer does tend to stick together so im thinking it might just stay stuck to the bottom of the bottle or congeal at the filter...im also guessing that even something like a +50% reduction in that junk will improve the experience.

just wondered if anyone had any ideas on how best to isolate the oxy from teh water/polymer or isolating the polymer from water oxy? chemically they seem soluble in most of the same things that i would have access to.. also any particular evaporation technique that i should use?

i plan to post updates if u guys r interested

Opiates are water soluble. You would think you could let it sit in a small amount water for 24+ hours while it expands, then filter, then let evaporate. It would still not be fit for IV use, but nasal should be fine. I am assuming this does not work with these new skittles considering this is page 15 and no one seems to have a decent method? If not, wow, they have a pretty good tamper proof pill.

Opiates are water soluble. You would think you could let it sit in a small amount water for 24+ hours while it expands, then filter, then let evaporate. It would still not be fit for IV use, but nasal should be fine. I am assuming this does not work with these new skittles considering this is page 15 and no one seems to have a decent method? If not, wow, they have a pretty good tamper proof pill.

thats what i thot too.. what type of filter would work best?? i was just gonna use a coffee filter

Google micro filters.

Beyond that it's sourcing.

That's against BLUA.

i read over some of the basics on how the time release works and from what i understand.. water essentially displaces the goodies out of the time release matrix slowly over 12 hrs or w.e which we see as the gelling mechanism.

Why would they make it so that water displaces the oxymorphone out of the time release when the pH of your stomach is nowhere near that of water? People have tried both water and acidic solutions to mimic the conditions of the stomach and I haven't heard of any good results from either of these methods.

From what I have read the oxymorphone ends up in the middle of the gel rather than dissolving evenly in the solution. This leaves you with oxymorphone surrounded by a blog of goo, so even if you filtered it you wouldn't be getting the oxymorphone out.

Why would they make it so that water displaces the oxymorphone out of the time release when the pH of your stomach is nowhere near that of water? People have tried both water and acidic solutions to mimic the conditions of the stomach and I haven't heard of any good results from either of these methods.

From what I have read the oxymorphone ends up in the middle of the gel rather than dissolving evenly in the solution. This leaves you with oxymorphone surrounded by a blog of goo, so even if you filtered it you wouldn't be getting the oxymorphone out.

ill find the source and post it. from what i read about it, they designed it to work with just water because of the various PH levels encountered along the GI tract. certain things like acid and alcohol might impact it in some way.. but plain old water is all thats needed to trigger the release. im almost done evaporating right now so ill have results soon.. my first attempt was sort of succesful but there was still a signif amount of the polymer in the solution so it wasnt much different then the result from dremmeling or grinding.

I have been on 30mg roxis and the opana er 40 as my long acting , when the formula changed it was a nightmare, i would normally insufflate but occasionally IV but it never seemed to me the iso prep came back with 100 percent more like half so intranasl seemed as potent, So with the current status, I had my doc switch my 4 opana 40s aday to 3 of the oxycontin ops 80s and he gave me a script for oxymorphoner generic 15mg as i saw they are tamper resitant andf contain no timerx, for me it works out because he gave me 90 15s for letting go of one 80 ,so the combo is nice and with no TRF id rather have 90 15 er generics than 90 40mg opana,im digressing

So back to the point,Ive searched everywhere on internet bout these generic opana and have found almost nothing,theyve been out for 7 mnths , im just getting them now wasnt aware but i would think someone found a way, i heard insufflate is great but any one try an iso prep like with octogans,or have another way.....i love the buzz from dillys and even though stronger prefer getting the roxis because im not always tempeted to bang them,but if i could prep these 15 er opanas once in a while id be set.....any info or experience appreciated

To safely inject the generic opana er 15mg...

For each pill you crush up, add 4-5ml of isopropyl alcohol, 91% or higher. Shake it up for about 4-5 minutes, then filter the solution with cotton soaked with isopropyl alcohol (91% +). What I do, when I do this, is spread the solution on a black circular plate. Then, wait for the alcohol to evaporate. You will be left with a crystalline kind of substance, best scraped up with a razor blade. Usually, the crystalline substance varies in color from off-white to orange, similar to orange juice. Mix the solution with sterile water, then filter it through a micron filter. You can add as much or as little water as you want, but depending on how many pills you did this with i recommend using at least 6ml. My friend believes this is the best way, that you absorb more of the OM than snorting the pill. I have a hard time telling the difference, and I just usually snort my 15s and inject the 10mg IRs.....If you don't have the time to wait for the alcohol to evaporate, you can put the solution into a ladle and heat it slowly, but I prefer to let it just evaporate over time. I hope this answers your question, feel free to PM me if you need to know more.

To safely inject the generic opana er 15mg...

For each pill you crush up, add 4-5ml of isopropyl alcohol, 91% or higher. Shake it up for about 4-5 minutes, then filter the solution with cotton soaked with isopropyl alcohol (91% +). What I do, when I do this, is spread the solution on a black circular plate. Then, wait for the alcohol to evaporate. You will be left with a crystalline kind of substance, best scraped up with a razor blade. Usually, the crystalline substance varies in color from off-white to orange, similar to orange juice. Mix the solution with sterile water, then filter it through a micron filter. You can add as much or as little water as you want, but depending on how many pills you did this with i recommend using at least 6ml. My friend believes this is the best way, that you absorb more of the OM than snorting the pill. I have a hard time telling the difference, and I just usually snort my 15s and inject the 10mg IRs.....If you don't have the time to wait for the alcohol to evaporate, you can put the solution into a ladle and heat it slowly, but I prefer to let it just evaporate over time. I hope this answers your question, feel free to PM me if you need to know more.

Cool story bro...

We all know how the IRs/old generics and octagons work... this thread is labeled as the "New REFORMULATED" Opana thread for a reason. Thanks for the flash-back though!

I'm a Pharm.D. and I haven't yet completed the circle to figuring out how to defeat the new formulation, however embarrassing it may be to admit...what I do know is that you will most likely need "dry" alcohol (ethanol anhydrous for example) as the extraction will require a solvent that doesn't activate the polyethylene oxide (aka PEO) or the hypermellose (gelling component from the TimeRx-N formulation) in which oxymorphone is at least somewhat- in this case, sparingly- soluble in, with a vacuum extraction setup (and 0.2 micron filter, at least as a final step prior to injection)...

I can't believe no one has posted about Endo claiming "INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY" (I'm pissed because as you will remember, this is the same route Purdue took to continue to wage their war against the generic manufacturers re: OxyContin and why there is still no generic "OC" to date, driving up prices needlessly- point being that if people want to get high they're going to do it no matter what, and to profit off that while claiming to act in the name of fighting the [unwinnable, ridiculous] "War on Drugs" is criminal, IMHO) to Teva and another generic manufacturers' filing of ANDAs (abbreviated new drug applications) for generic versions of extended-release oxymorphone.

Do you guys realize that Endo actually now owns the oxymorphone molecule itself? At least that's what one of their pharmacists told me when I called in complaining about how the new formulation doesn't work for $hit, which even oral vs. oral (old vs new formulations) is true, again IMHO and what my patients, even the ones that definitely aren't abusing it and therefore aren't pissed they can't crush and/or simple-alcohol extract like the old formulation, tell me...

BTW, the guy (or gal) selling the technique on "The Road" confirmed the info re: the extraction above before he decided to sell it, which I think is abominable!

Last edited:
/\Yea the guy on the road was cool. Since I figured it he answered any question I had just to make sure I could get it done if needed. It really is not hard to figure out./\

/\Yea the guy on the road was cool. Since I figured it he answered any question I had just to make sure I could get it done if needed. It really is not hard to figure out./\

Hey there bayhead415, can we pool our knowledge for the benefit of the masses, please? I've just given out all the details that I know...if you know anything more, or have done the extraction successfully start to finish with the proper filters and glassware (more specifics), please take the time to post it in the name of harm reduction...there are a LOT of people for whom this is WAY "over their head" (no offense to anyone), that wouldn't have a clue what to do, where to begin, etc- for those people we need more info so they have a chance at doing it "the right way" and don't hurt/kill themselves trying :D

Yes, that person was nice at first but now that they have decided to sell "their" technique for hundreds of dollars per person with a few follow-up questions included I am not so sure- seems super greedy to me.

Last edited:
I shot you a PM... Also never said the guy was not greedy, but he was nice to answer my questions without me paying a single cent to them. Hell everyone's gotta make money somehow and that is an easy way to make a large sump of money... It is also not like he is not giving anything in return for it.

Edit: Timerx is also the old octagonal pill if I am not mistaken. The new TRF is called INTAC if I am not mistaken.

New Opana, Who has to take more than 2 a day now?

Hi There,

I'm curious to know if anyone gets more than 60 opanas a month. Since apparently that's rare.

See with the old stopsign opanas, I had no problem at all with 2 a day. But after they reformulated them I quickly noticed that they only last like 6 to 8 hours. Nowhere near the supposed 12 hours like the old ones.

So I had no choice but to ask (Tell really) my doctor to either increase my opana to 3 times a day or give me breakthrough meds to take in between does of opana like roxicodone.

To my astonishment he gave me both.

I contacted not only Endo pharmacuticals but he FDA about this problem. As well as some nasty side effects these plastic pills cause. While the FDA responded, Endo did not. they don't even care.

SO, how many of you have noticed these new opanas don't last or work as well as the old ones. and what is your solution? Have you been forced to take more? I'm asking those who swallow there opana and those who snort them.