• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The NEW reformulated round Opana ER Mega Thread v.1 really? again??

Unapproved several posts....

This is a place for discussing the New Opana Formulation, not arguing and bitching at each other. Keep it on topic, or I will start infracting people.

What you guys are doing... is not safe. Please do not try to break these down to inject or snort them, especially to inject them. I have looked at the msds on the TRF system, that stuff is not safe to be snorting. talc, cornstarch, those are normal fillers that your body can cope with, but any kind of plastic is going to destroy your sinuses , and if you grind it fine enough, it will get into your lungs, causing a similar problem to the silica in the old Opanas.

This shit is straight up not safe. The best Harm Reduction advice I can give is to take them orally or switch to something like ER morphine, Hydromorphone, IR Opana, Compounded Hydrocodone, et al...

Good luck in finding pain relief.

I got the new reformulated Opana 40's in May and now my June prescription is back to the old octagon ones. I am so confused - a reformulated round yellow one, a new re-re-formulated round concave yellow one and now back to the 8 sided ones .... what the heck is going on???

You got really lucky getting thr old ones and better conserve t the shit outta them because you shouldnt plan on the off chance rarity of being so lucky to get them again

Muvolution: thats whats up. I am not one normally to shit on something as hard as I have been in here (anyone who reads my posts knows im' pretty objective and let people do w/e) but this shit was SO UNSAFE I just felt a duty to like....idk try and open someones eyes. Not that it matters much. I also dont think I made any personal attacks, if i did I apologize (but I try not to for the sole reason that making personal attacks basically invalidates any argument someone may have).

To all else: I actually would LOVE to see the "mathematics" of a dremel and an opana pill if you care to take the time. Dont worry, I'll understand all the big numbers and "fancy schmancy" formulas with my several years of engineering, calculus, and all other forms of mathematics, I promise. So PLEASE explain the "mathematics" to me as you promised you would?

~~~Justify what you want, but it was taken as a personal attack. Mainly because I made a statement about what I DID with the new re-re-formulated Opanas and what someone else did. I don't use the dremel my friend does, again I STATE i cut mine into fourths. As for the mathematics, I said im sure you'd love to do the mathematics not that I WAS going to do them, you seem to be Mr Smartie Pants, and know everything. Don't believe me go to my original post where this all started and it was your attack and your know it all attitude that attitude that got this all started. There is no freedom of speech here just some dictators (not the MODS, just certain people). There is no freedom when you are just answering the post.
As for people doing other methods, people are going to do them, they will find a way. Be it using the Opana IR's in a larger amount or whatever else they do. With Opana they will work out the problem as best they can. NO MATTER WHAT WE SAY they are just the new OP's

Last edited:
I can attest to the truth of this. I've been snorting Opana (just the tiniest amount) -one 40 mg ER pill lasts about 5 days for pain management). I used the rationale that I was using way less than the prescribed amount and was able to save up alot of the medicine in case I lost my insurance or pain doctor ... and now I have cancer in my nose! It's from the plastic in the pills. I've been getting severe nosebleeds constantly - haven't snorted any in 3 days - I hope I can stop. Please stop before you have this problem!

Im sorry to hear about this. What exactly did your DR have to say about it. What kind of cancer is it? Wow did you tell him you have been snorting them. . Please give me as much info so I can pass it on to them. Thank God I NEVER started snorted Im just interested in finding out because my friends do it sorting them this way.

Thank you and your in my prayers. If you need to talk please let me know...I am a nurse and maybe I can help you some.

Blessed be
Misty

I don't have much experience with opana but couldn't most of you just get switched to the IR formulas and possibly request a higher amount? From everything I've been reading, those can still be broken down with no problems. Like I said I don't have much experience with these so let me know what the issues are with that approach.

I don't have much experience with opana but couldn't most of you just get switched to the IR formulas and possibly request a higher amount? From everything I've been reading, those can still be broken down with no problems. Like I said I don't have much experience with these so let me know what the issues are with that approach.

I know my Doc wont replace the IRs im on for the ERs. They r extended release and for theamount of medication i am on they just wontgo for it. But thank you for the suggestion .

Thanks for your concern and prayers. No, I haven't told anyone what I was doing yet. I would be way too embarrassed. I had an appointment with the dermotologist today so I decided to ask him about the nosebleeds because I don't want to tell my Primary Care about them because they might get suspicious that I've been snorting them. The dermotologist looked at it and said it definitely looks like it could be cancer and I'm supposed to schedule an appointment to get a biopsy. I took a flashlight and a magnifing mirror and looked up and the whole area looks swollen and bright red with a white nodule in the middle where it bleeds like crazy every couple days. I guess there's a possibility it isn't cancer but in my mind it is and that it has to be from the plastic in the pills because I was reading some of the Opana sites to see if I could find anything related to nosebleeds and I read that the plastic in the pills from snorting will eventually cause cancer. That statement together with what the doctor said I'm pretty sure what it is. I guess I should have waited to state for a fact that it's cancer so I'm sorry I blurted that out. I'm just really scared. It started bleeding last year for the first time and it lasted about 3 weeks and bled profusely almost everyday. I put a bunch of vaselene in there and it eventually stopped bleeding until it started up again this past week. I already had the dermatologist scheduled so I figured it would be safe asking him - (it was my first appt with him and he doesn't know who my PC or PD is. I really don't know what to do at this point. I'm too scared to get a biopsy I think I may just wait and see if it gets worse The good part (well, I don't know if it's good or not because of the temptation) is that over 4 years I have managed to save up about 350 of the old opana so it will last me awhile for pain - I've been taking the reformulated ones by mouth and they work ok but now this month I got the old ones again. I hate to wast them by swallowing them whole - it's going to be really hard not to get that instant pain relief by snorting them but I've got to try. Maybe it's a good thing that they reformulated them so people can't snort them - they are dangerous as muv said above! Maybe it will save lives - I don't understand why anyone would grind up those new gummy pills and put them in their nose or worse, their veins, but hopefully most people wouldn't and reformulating them will save lives by keeping people from taking them any way except orally.

I know my Doc wont replace the IRs im on for the ERs. They r extended release and for theamount of medication i am on they just wontgo for it. But thank you for the suggestion .

I was suggesting switch FROM er's TO ir's. Its the ERs people are having problems with correct?

I understand what your saying, but we only get a certain amount of IRs a day. We hve to use an extended release (ie ERs) and IRs. We will have to go into Morphine, Dilodid, Oxycontin, ect for longterm use. I am having problems with the Opana passing them whole and not breaking down at all.
ANyone want to share what the Fentanel or MOrphine ERs are like? I love some input

The IR opana lasts a significant amount of time. 6-10 hours.

Fentanyl is great. If you don't abuse your meds. It provides a very steady dose around the clock. It is really perfect.
Morphine has too many side effects for me. (I get high as balls)
Hydromorphone is good but very short lasting. The ER med in the US is Exalgo which is terrible.
Buperorphine + Tramadol is a great combo, even for severe pain. Bupe gives long-lasting around the clock analgesia.
Methadone DESTROYS PAIN.

Again, none of those options (except hydromorphone and morphine) are any good for "getting high" but they are good for pain relief.

Im just going to say again, Folks why not switch to the Generic 15mg, and have your DR write you the proper amount. For pain they are great, such a big difference compared to the reformulated Opanas, Orally Im speaking, as I do take them that way also.

But if you like to the sniff Opana, the 15mg Generics are fine for that too.

I understand what your saying, but we only get a certain amount of IRs a day. We hve to use an extended release (ie ERs) and IRs. We will have to go into Morphine, Dilodid, Oxycontin, ect for longterm use. I am having problems with the Opana passing them whole and not breaking down at all.
ANyone want to share what the Fentanel or MOrphine ERs are like? I love some input

Morphine ER (There is MS Contin which is a 12 hour extended release morphine sulfate [These sucked and I hated the way they made me feel as opposed to opana, swallowed or sniffed]) and Avinza (Which is a 24 hour extended release Morphine) I( have never tried. But I have an aunt who has had several surgies and a lot of pain...she takes 200mg of Avinza once a day, and it makes her act really wierd and for some reason here eyes are always opened really wide like theyre going to pop out of her face! I have never tried Avinza, but it seemed to effect her pretty badly. 200mg is the max dose of Avinza, and I'm startled that my insurance will pay for Avinza capsules up to 6 times a day! Could you imagine taking 200mg of morphine 6 times a day? You would never poop without an enema, you wouldn't be able to urinate and would need a catheter, p[lus youd be so doped up you probably couldn't even carry on a conversation. Once I was prescribed MS Contin 30mg 3x/day but I hated it I had to switch back to opana. Oxycodone makes me really mean and irritable so i hate that. So I take the 15mg generic opana er 4 times a day, and 8mg instant release dilaudid 4 times a day. It really helps my pain and puts me in a much better mood. Even if I'm not high. Another uncommonly prescribed extended release medicine is Exalgo, 24 hour extended release hydromorphone (Dilaudid). It comes in 8, 12, and 16 mg tablets. I've never been prescribed this or even seen it and know nothing about the actual pills themselves except it came out in 2010, and seems to be a replacement for another extended release hydromorphone medicine called Palladone, which is no longer legal in the US, but it is in some other countries. Anyways, I hope I have been of help, feel free to PM me with any questions

-Pauly

If you think TRF is bad... exalgo is like Fort Knox. I had terrible luck with them. (as rx'd for pain)

Let;s keep this civil. Any more off-topic posts or attacks will be dissapeared and infacted for.

Hello and Thank you all for your advice. a going to check and see what my insurance covers and go from there. I know a few years ago they didnt cover Exalgo because tried to switch to it them. So if they don't cover that I will see about Avinza can anyone tell me ore about these drugs, especially if you have been on them. I read what Pauly wrote and it was very helpful was just wondering if there was anyone that was on them theselves.
Thank You
istyswam

Am I Crazy?

Go to Opana.com

Its says only the new BioConcave is being produced...I thought the round ones were out, in the 2nd image.

90q634.png

concave.png

convex.png

octogon.png

i just picked up a new rx of this today and i have the 10mg in row three. orange octagon. no longer being sold?? did i get the good stuff??