• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The NEW reformulated round Opana ER Mega Thread v.1 really? again??

I haven't seen the concave ones, but my buddy had a yellow E 40 and we were disappointed we couldn't crush it or grind it. He got a finger nail clipper and clipped the pills into as many tiny littles pieces as he could and then we snorted it. It's a tedious process, but we were high out of our damn minds. I'm certain that if you took the thing to a ped-egg you could grind it into fine enough pieces to snort also, we just didn't have one at the time.

"I haven't seen the concave ones, but my buddy had a yellow E 40 and we were disappointed we couldn't crush it or grind it. He got a finger nail clipper and clipped the pills into as many tiny littles pieces as he could and then we snorted it. It's a tedious process, but we were high out of our damn minds. I'm certain that if you took the thing to a ped-egg you could grind it into fine enough pieces to snort also, we just didn't have one at the time. "
So you each snorted 20mg at once? What is your tolerance normally?

new opanis ; the outer coating is polyethylene oxide which will dissolve and precipitate out when in warm water with pH above 10.5+; filter; lower pH ASAP to below 4 and keepwarm until the thickening agent, carboxymethylcellulose or gello thickener, the thickening mechanism should be destroyed, filter and dry. If this works the patent states there is pepper in pill to mess with sinuses. A taste additive so taste terrible if proper extraction is completed. Finally, a color change to black which is only a scare tactic. If u get black, u r home. Note: u can go to patent on-line; the patent number is 20120034171. The patent is 26 pages long and is bad ass. Patent states only way to abuse med is to drink alcohol with which does bring some euphoria. Take it from a long time opana user with multiple types of xyz nectrosis'. Life is very painful and these mothers just made it worst.

Do you have any source that states that the patent in your posts is used for the new Opanas? I didn't look too hard through the pages I found through searching that patent number, so maybe I missed it. Also, pepper is not listed as one of the inactive ingredients of Opana. It looked to me that the patent you linked is just for an abuse resistant formulation that is not being used yet. I could have missed those parts, so please quote the info that states that.

Wow, sorry about your disappointing experience. I heard (thankfully, ahead of time) that Opana had recently reformulated their er pills (I was taking the er 30's). So, after some panicky research, I ascertained that oxymorphone er was available in generic-however, only in 7.5 and 15mg strengths. So at my most recent appt, I lucked out and was able to get my script in generic. Apparently, the powers that be at my PM clinic don't usually do that for patients, so most folks will probably have to contend with the new formula. (Probably because of incentives from the drug companies.) One suggestion I have is to ignore the empty stomach instructions. Take the pill with a high fat (around 40 grams) snack. Mixed nuts and a milkshake or whole milk, or heavily buttered banana bread usually works for me. It makes the medicine hit me at least twice as hard, if not more. And the pain relief lasts much longer than my old method (through the nose) which surprised me. Oh, and with the generic 15's snorting doesn't really seem too effective, for some reason...go figure. I get the generics to avoid the new formula because I want to keep snorting it, only to discover that the generics have no kick nasally :(. But hey, now I'm finally taking my meds the right way. So all's well that ends well, I guess.

I'm so happy i was able to get my doc to put me on opana er 15mg 4x/day. The generic 7.5s and 15s are snortable, a lot more powder and not as pleasant of a drip as the octagons, but surely an improvement over the new biconcave ones. Id rather have a 15er thats snortable than 2 new 40s

For Hobble;

That particular night he knew I was battling a lengthy 4 year suboxone detox, so I only did about 5 mgs, but I felt great! Just enough to take me out of my misery without any adverse effects. He ended up doing the rest and he normally IV's roxi's and has a decent tolerance, but I haven't seen him this high in a long time. I've snorted Opana 40's though back when they were stop signs. The most I've done in a night was 2 and now that I look bad I can't believe I abused drugs like that. So expensive and so detrimental to your health.

Last edited:
Yes they are snortable. However, for some reason they just don't have that "kick" that the octagons did :(. Oh well, R.I.P. old Opanas.

How to snort Opana ER ( E 40) pill

Tool: Dremel drill. needel nose pliers
Product: Opana ER, marking: round yellow pill with imprint E 40.

You need a enclosed box or bowl. I take a glass cereal bowl. I use so this so that the finished product is much easier to see. put tinfoil on the top of the bowl. Poke a quater size whole. Enough for the pliers, pill, and dremel drill to fit. Hold the opana with needle nose pliers inside the bowl under the tinfoil, other wise the power will just fly everywhere, Use the dremel drill with a small grinding tip Grind up the whole pilll. I do not even bother taking fof the yellow coating. After sanding the Opana down you will be left with all powder. Take the tinfoil off and scrap the power onto a plate. put your line together. effects should start taking effect within 15-30 minutes. A bit longer then the old oxygon shaped opanas but thats because the time release is threw the whole pill and not just in the coating

Trust me. this might be a bit tedious but is most deffinitly worth it. Good luck everyone and I hope this helps you out.

P.S. Im high at the moment. Im not blowing smoke up anyones ass, this method actual works. This is from personal experience.

Any questions or concerns, Feel free to post here, or email me.
Email: [email protected]

Crucify Ego.

So a few people have posted that if you can cut, shave, grind, etc. and get the pill into a powder-like substance that can be snorted they will work... more or less. So the next logical question is how harmful is it going to be to snort these? I mean that stuff(whatever it is) is gonna soak into your nose.

what about 'crisping'. heating the crushed 30 ml er reformulated with heat only. will this rendert it iNjectable. im at the end of my pain rope. just want relief. gladlt take a 'high' but sincerely can't take pain aND DR. IS UNDERPRESCRIBIBG TO COVER HIS BUTT/ WHICH I UNDERSTAND BUT HE'S KILLING ME UNDERPRESCRIBING PLEEZE. PLEEZE
. I IUDERSTAND. PLEASE, I CANT LIVE W THIS PAIN AND IM NOT BEING DRAMATIC. HAVE EVASTATING TOLERANCE. U WOULDN'T BELIEF HOW MUCH. PLEASE PLEASE HELP. PLEASE.

HELP ME SOMEINE. DESPERATELY DONT WANT RESORT TO H. FOUGHT TOO HARD TOO LONG. THAT WAS LONG BEFORE DEVELOPING THS CONDITION OF CHRONIC SEVERE SEVERE AGONY.
HELP ME SOMEONE...
please

this will wirk on 30 er reformulated opana?? it's like gum x ten. for ex. takes min 30 min to chew. no exagg. takes that long with no appreciable effect.

So I wonder if the generic Opana will really be the old formula? If a generic happens at all?

So new news...

"CHADDS FORD, Pa., June 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Endo Health Solutions (Nasdaq: ENDP), today announced the completion of the company's transition of its OPANA ER franchise to the new formulation designed to be crush resistant. In connection with the completion of this transition, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has moved the old formulation of OPANA ER to the Orange Book Discontinued List.

"While the original formulation of OPANA ER was deemed by FDA to be safe and effective when taken according to the prescribing information, the original formulation was subject to both intentional and inadvertent abuse and misuse," said Dr. Ivan Gergel, chief scientific officer of Endo. "Patient safety is our top concern and addressing appropriate use of opioids is a responsibility that we take very seriously. We firmly believe that the new formulation of OPANA ER, coupled with our long-term commitment to awareness and education around appropriate use of opioids will benefit patients, physicians and payers."

As a result of the FDA placing OPANA ER (NDA 21-610) in the Orange Book Discontinued List, all strengths of the original formulation of OPANA ER are now on the Discontinued List. The OPANA ER (NDA 21-610) 7.5 mg and 15 mg dosage strengths were moved to the Discontinued List previously. The new formulation of OPANA ER designed to be crush resistant (under NDA 201655) remains on the approved prescription drug product list as it is the only currently available formulation.
"

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...designed-to-be-crush-resistant-159067735.html

Once again, I cant argue with personal experience, but:

There is no scientific or logical reasoning for any "crisping" , dremeling or any other currently written method on here to work. I will continue to advise that I feel all of these methods are extremely unsafe, unhealthy, and just plain old dangerous.

Sorry Dahkstar, no one is helping you because no one knows HOW to REALLY do anything with these.

Once again, I cant argue with personal experience, but:

There is no scientific or logical reasoning for any "crisping" , dremeling or any other currently written method on here to work. I will continue to advise that I feel all of these methods are extremely unsafe, unhealthy, and just plain old dangerous.

Sorry Dahkstar, no one is helping you because no one knows HOW to REALLY do anything with these.

I suppose you have TRIED all these ways?? I know people who have and have had success doing them. Don't make a assumption until you have tried the them. YES they may be dangerous BUT this is about doing harm reduction and people are going to do them anyway they can, the idea here is to try and help them be safe.

I myself have been cutting them into 4 pieces and taking them that way. They seem to be working better since I started dong this. I do know a friend that is using a dremel technique for snorting them and he is have great luck with them. I can write his way of doing it you like.

I myself have been cutting them into 4 pieces and taking them that way. They seem to be working better since I started dong this. I do know a friend that is using a dremel technique for snorting them and he is have great luck with them. I can write his way of doing it you like.[/

I'm just curious, how many of the round yellow 40mg ers taken orally whole, would it take a non opiate naive person to get high? Say it takes me 4 30mg oxycodone irs swallowed whole to get high, about how many of these opanas will be similar

I suppose you have TRIED all these ways?? I know people who have and have had success doing them. Don't make a assumption until you have tried the them. YES they may be dangerous BUT this is about doing harm reduction and people are going to do them anyway they can, the idea here is to try and help them be safe.

In case you cannot read my post (although you quoted it so why you didnt read it and responded is beyond me) I said I CANNOT ARGUE WITH PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, but rather there is no scientific data backing any of this up; therefore, I personally feel it doesn't work. And no I wont be trying it.

To boot: if this is about doing harm reduction, why would doing something DANGEROUS (your words, not mine) in any way, shape, or form, be harm reduction? You cannot say "Ya this is really dangerous" and then say "But its harm reduction" in the SAME EXACT SENTENCE lmao comeon thats so crazy do you not realize it?

Honestly, do w/e you want lol. I hope it gets you high, and I am being totally serious on that. If you can get off on new opanas at a reduced cost, power to ya.

Although as someone said once before on here, the moment you have to take power tools to your drugs...No one takes advice anyway.

Will someone please tell me how many pills of the opana er yellow 40s to take orally to get a full nice nod if he has a tolerance of about 200mg pure oxycodone to get high