• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Am I crazy or did loperamide just take away my withdrawals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenninethousand

Greenlighter
So, I recently made a post about going through Suboxone withdrawals...I didn't really know what to do and have been needing to study for this chemistry exam. Well, I did some research and today decided that when I awoke I would take 20mg of loperamide for physical symptoms and snort a line of adderall for the depression/mental effects. I didn't have much hope considering when I awoke, I felt AWFUL. Laid an hour in bed and realized that the chills were going away...I didn't have the watery eyes anymore and actually felt good enough to get up and eat? I have felt fine until about 30 mins ago and the chills are slightly coming back so I know I'm still going through WD's. So yeah, have this combination worked for anyone else?

NOTE: I was not going through SEVERE withdrawals....but they definitely not pleasant and impossible to study on. I mean, Opana withdrawals will make a grown man feel like a little bitch...been there. But nonetheless, Loperamide worked for me!

No, you're not crazy.

It is well-known that loperamide can reduce or even eliminate many opiate/opioid withdrawal symptoms.

You are not crazy. There are threads on here that discuss lopermide being used to treat w/d for some users. It doesn't work for everyone the way it seems to have worked for you, but to those it works for = thank jeebus, eh? I've never tried it for my w/ds, but if I needed to (had nothing else) I wouldn't hesitate to try 'em.

Small doses don't help to such an extent, large doses are needed (like that which you took).

It definitely works at 20mg+. It surprised me as well, nearly all withdrawal symptoms were eliminated and you have energy and actually feel ok to go on with your day. It does take like 2 full hours to fully kick in though

For some reason I have never thought it worked WELL let's just say, but man I kinda would like to see research on high doseages. I believe it has def. helped me some throughout the years.

Your definitely not crazy, loperamide does help with the withdrawals. I've taken it handfuls of times while going through withdrawals. However for me it only helps slightly, but everyone is different and I'm sure it depends on how bad your withdrawals are too. As far as the Adderall goes I'm not sure, but I myself would not want to take something speedy while going through withdrawals. Different strokes for different folks I guess. If it seems to work for you than by all means stick with it, because we all know withdrawals are not fun. Well good luck and hang in there. =D

How can you ever use the bathroom again with ammodiam AD?

Your definitely not crazy, loperamide does help with the withdrawals. I've taken it handfuls of times while going through withdrawals. However for me it only helps slightly, but everyone is different and I'm sure it depends on how bad your withdrawals are too. As far as the Adderall goes I'm not sure, but I myself would not want to take something speedy while going through withdrawals. Different strokes for different folks I guess. If it seems to work for you than by all means stick with it, because we all know withdrawals are not fun. Well good luck and hang in there. =D

If i TAKE 1 PILL and the allowed dose is up to 2 pills, I cant move my bowels for 12 hrs. How on earth would I not wind up in the hospital if I took this for more than 2 days at a high doe like 20 pills? Prune juice, grapefruit juice, all that stuff I heard about to help does nothing to help the withdrawal or the bowel. Any tips, amyone?

Apparently Adderall can work miracles with withdrawal too. I was reading about it on here about a week ago. Helps with the depression, and helps get you motivated to do your activities during the day.
Did it help you with the cold sweats? (The Loperamide) Thats my only problem I can't stand.

Apparently Adderall can work miracles with withdrawal too. I was reading about it on here about a week ago. Helps with the depression, and helps get you motivated to do your activities during the day.
Did it help you with the cold sweats? (The Loperamide) Thats my only problem I can't stand.

I find great salvation in adderall during opiate withdrawal for all the mental ailments in addition to being a cure for my RLS and inner restlessness. That is of course if you have enough to sustain a week of use - as long as the dopamine receptors continue to be tickled you're good. Lope is of course essential to preventing the stomach discomfort that is already bad enough without the surge of noradrenaline released while on adderall.

I'm 8 days clean from 2 years of suboxone use. Starting to feel better as of yesterday. Very bearable with a supply of adderall, an aleve every 6 hours, a gulp of lope in the AM, 1mg ativan as needed, and 50mg seroquel tab at night.

Be careful with the lope because it can give you a nasty indigestion/cramping effect that makes for an uncomfortable couple hours.

I find great salvation in adderall during opiate withdrawal for all the mental ailments in addition to being a cure for my RLS and inner restlessness. That is of course if you have enough to sustain a week of use - as long as the dopamine receptors continue to be tickled you're good. Lope is of course essential to preventing the stomach discomfort that is already bad enough without the surge of noradrenaline released while on adderall.

I'm 8 days clean from 2 years of suboxone use. Starting to feel better as of yesterday. Very bearable with a supply of adderall, an aleve every 6 hours, a gulp of lope in the AM, 1mg ativan as needed, and 50mg seroquel tab at night.

Be careful with the lope because it can give you a nasty indigestion/cramping effect that makes for an uncomfortable couple hours.

Did the lope stop the coldsweats on its own though? Thats what I need to know. The coldsweats are the worst. I can't sleep. So anything besides more opiates and Methadone to curb these would be great. Anyone?

Did the lope stop the coldsweats on its own though? Thats what I need to know. The coldsweats are the worst. I can't sleep. So anything besides more opiates and Methadone to curb these would be great. Anyone?

I'm more of a hot flasher than a cold sweater, but I haven't noticed any body temperature spikes or dips since I integrated the lope to my withdrawal. Interesting. I did seem to notice them a lot more before the lope.. try it?

Lope, does indeed take away most if not all WDs from a 8 mg day IV sub habit. What I have noticed though if I take high dose lope(30-50mg) while in the heat of WDs it does not work as good as if I start taking lope before full blown WDs kick in. Kinda like taking Motrin during first stages of headaches compared to taking Motrin 4 hours into a migraine.

Lope has saved my ass completely on numerous occasions.

I'm more of a hot flasher than a cold sweater, but I haven't noticed any body temperature spikes or dips since I integrated the lope to my withdrawal. Interesting. I did seem to notice them a lot more before the lope.. try it?

Guess I'll have to. Tired of being woke up covered in sweat shivering my ass off. Can't sleep because of it.

This is well known on Bluelight. Use the search engine to find out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.