• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

general side effects of LSD..

LSD is a psychedelic, the effects are quite varied from person to person and from trip to trip and even during a trip.

I recommend reading through these resources:

Erowid LSD Vault: Effects

Wikipedia LSD Entry: Effects

Wow, I just re-read your post. What do you mean "after their first trip?". LSD doesn't stay in the body for longer than 24 hours or so, but the effects of the experience of the trip can stay with people for a lifetime.

Well, it could be anything really. Some people report extremely positive life-changing spiritual experiences (I'm one of them) from their LSD trips and those experiences have a positive effect on how they live their lives and see the world around them.

It is impossible to tell you what will happen to any specific person though. LSD, like all psychedelics, can do very different things to different people.

I'll take this one having had my first experience with the stuff at the weekend. First, I would only trip with people you know well and trust. You will be extremely vulnerable - mentally, spiritually and physically. You want to make sure that you are only surrounded by those with whom you feel comfortable. Second, the consequences can be quite profound. My trip at the weekend was fairly low-level (possibly a mid-level 3) but experience with other substances - particularly aMT and 6APB - has led to massive changes in my life. These changes were driven directly by revelations experienced during the trips. These revelations literally shattered the foundations of how I think and view the world - in many respects they were the hardest and most devastating things I have had to face in my whole life. Conversely, adapting these realisations into my general outlook has been one of the most rewarding things I have been able to accomplish.

Beyond that, I don't think you can be completely prepared for LSD. My friends are highly experienced trippers and their advice and guidance, whilst extremely helpful, did not prepare me fully for the experience or the sensations I felt. LSD, at least in low doses, seems like very hard work. Of course, and with all worthwhile things, the more you put in the more you get out. Really looking forward to pushing things a little further next time.

So, to sum up, be prepared for iconoclastic revelations. Be prepared to have none. Be prepared to have fun. Be prepared not to.

Last edited:
I've read that the vasoconstriction effects of LSD could potentially last months. This is the only thing that makes me nervous in my personal usage, as it could have potential negative side effects on the vascular system.

http://www.abstractserver.com/ihc20...=abstract&action=abstract_iplanner&absno=575&

As far as the psychological ramifications, the biggest problem would be "integration" problems. Integrating the experience of something with such a powerful effect on your view of reality could lead to problems. If you aren't an open minded person, such a fundamental ass kicking of your ego's reality could really stress someone out.

Go into such an experience with good intentions and a positive outlook though will reduce chances of such integration difficulties. Set is your mental state in "Set & Setting" that gets preached.

Things got difficult at various points. It is important to stay relaxed and just go with the flow. Having some calming music on stand-by is very helpful. Also, the people you're with should be able to help. It is important to remember that you're tripping with everyone else that drops with you. Your mood and the direction of the trip isn't just dependent on you but on the others who are with you, hence the importance of tripping only with people you trust - at least to begin with. You all need to look out for each other and just relax into the experience. You should all be able to handle most things then. Of course, as noted above, starting out with a positive frame of mind is helpful.

My favourite trip thus far took place after a day in which I received a succession of good news. I was also feeling rather positive about life in general.

what if you start going into a bad trip what is the best thang to do..?..

Just go with it, try to distract yourself or change environments, or talk to someone if you have to and are able to.

I've heard of people taking benzos like Xanax or Valium to completely abort a bad trip but I've never done this.

Just go with it, try to distract yourself or change environments, or talk to someone if you have to and are able to.

I've heard of people taking benzos like Xanax or Valium to completely abort a bad trip but I've never done this.

I always keep a benzo, or some niacinamide with me just in case.

Used 1g of Niacinamide once when someone who infuriates me showed up at a party, and it calmed me down.

Rage while tripping is...interesting. So glad I have as much self-discipline as I do, just went to my car and smoked a cigarette while fuming.

Rage while tripping is...interesting.

:) - Whilst tripping I saw a police officer hassling a homeless lady (sorry hassling is a very pejorative word) and that made me so, so angry. Luckily, I exercised common sense (or a lack of gumption) and so I walked on by. However, that kind of rage felt wonderful

I always keep a benzo, or some niacinamide with me just in case.

Used 1g of Niacinamide once when someone who infuriates me showed up at a party, and it calmed me down.

Rage while tripping is...interesting. So glad I have as much self-discipline as I do, just went to my car and smoked a cigarette while fuming.

Interesting how you have so much self-discipline yet you still smoke cigarettes & take benzos.

And how in the world is niacin supposed to calm one down??? That's almost as ridiculous as people using it to 'flush the THC out of their system'. Not that I didn't fall for it when I was younger. Sounds like we need to call the placebo police

Interesting how you have so much self-discipline yet you still smoke cigarettes & take benzos.

And how in the world is niacin supposed to calm one down??? That's almost as ridiculous as people using it to 'flush the THC out of their system'. Not that I didn't fall for it when I was younger. Sounds like we need to call the placebo police

Nicotine is the only thing I'm addicted to. Done cocaine, opiates (other than heroin), amphetamines (other than meth), benzos, dissociatives. Nothing has ever given me cravings except nicotine. Probably because I was always afraid to get addicted so practice heavy moderation on everything, but didn't think to do so with nicotine when I first started smoking (at 23 years old... fail...).

Also

12 Niacinamide has also been found to stimulate
GABA receptors, without binding to the receptor sites, thus creating a benzodiazepine-like effect.

If I take 2g (prescribed doses for certain illnesses exceed that, and 2g is safe so far in my experience), it puts me on my ass. I look and act barred out and will fall asleep.

Also, Niacinamide not Niacin.

-------

Edit: More info

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/584182-Type-of-B3-Niacinamide-for-anxiety?

No you are correct my friend, the person above is wrong. Here is a citation: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/155222

Structurally niacinamide also known as nicotinamide is related to benzodiazepines based on its affinity for gaba receptors. Check out mind and muscle forums for more info I have a thread there that is more for the advanced user.

Dosing is personal but i would go with the standard dosing on the bottle, mega doses are not required but are safe if you want to try as it does not cause flushing like niacin.

It is also mentioned on benzo.org/uk as useful on WD symptoms, i highly recommend that site.

So would indoors or outdoors be better for LSD..?..?..

So is there a major difference in between trippen on LSD as to DMT..?..

Last edited by a moderator: