Bluelight

Thread: general side effects of LSD..

1. Collapse Details
    general side effects of LSD.. 
    How does LSD affect a person after there first trip..?

2. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    LSD is a psychedelic, the effects are quite varied from person to person and from trip to trip and even during a trip.

I recommend reading through these resources:

Erowid LSD Vault: Effects

Wikipedia LSD Entry: Effects

Wow, I just re-read your post. What do you mean "after their first trip?". LSD doesn't stay in the body for longer than 24 hours or so, but the effects of the experience of the trip can stay with people for a lifetime.

BDD Guidelines! - BLUA - BL Search! - Conversions for Opiates & Benzos - Save Your Liver Do a CWE

3. Collapse Details

Yes after there first trip...

4. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Well, it could be anything really. Some people report extremely positive life-changing spiritual experiences (I'm one of them) from their LSD trips and those experiences have a positive effect on how they live their lives and see the world around them.

It is impossible to tell you what will happen to any specific person though. LSD, like all psychedelics, can do very different things to different people.

BDD Guidelines! - BLUA - BL Search! - Conversions for Opiates & Benzos - Save Your Liver Do a CWE

5. Collapse Details

is it better to use LSD with small group of (2,3) or with more..??

6. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    For your first time I would recommend tripping with other people or having a trip sitter.

7. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I'll take this one having had my first experience with the stuff at the weekend. First, I would only trip with people you know well and trust. You will be extremely vulnerable - mentally, spiritually and physically. You want to make sure that you are only surrounded by those with whom you feel comfortable. Second, the consequences can be quite profound. My trip at the weekend was fairly low-level (possibly a mid-level 3) but experience with other substances - particularly aMT and 6APB - has led to massive changes in my life. These changes were driven directly by revelations experienced during the trips. These revelations literally shattered the foundations of how I think and view the world - in many respects they were the hardest and most devastating things I have had to face in my whole life. Conversely, adapting these realisations into my general outlook has been one of the most rewarding things I have been able to accomplish.

Beyond that, I don't think you can be completely prepared for LSD. My friends are highly experienced trippers and their advice and guidance, whilst extremely helpful, did not prepare me fully for the experience or the sensations I felt. LSD, at least in low doses, seems like very hard work. Of course, and with all worthwhile things, the more you put in the more you get out. Really looking forward to pushing things a little further next time.

So, to sum up, be prepared for iconoclastic revelations. Be prepared to have none. Be prepared to have fun. Be prepared not to.
    Last edited by Shifty38; 29-03-2012 at 19:53. Reason: Spelling - idiot!

8. Collapse Details

I've read that the vasoconstriction effects of LSD could potentially last months. This is the only thing that makes me nervous in my personal usage, as it could have potential negative side effects on the vascular system.

http://www.abstractserver.com/ihc201...ner&absno=575&

As far as the psychological ramifications, the biggest problem would be "integration" problems. Integrating the experience of something with such a powerful effect on your view of reality could lead to problems. If you aren't an open minded person, such a fundamental ass kicking of your ego's reality could really stress someone out.

Go into such an experience with good intentions and a positive outlook though will reduce chances of such integration difficulties. Set is your mental state in "Set & Setting" that gets preached.

9. Collapse Details

what if you start going into a bad trip what is the best thang to do..?..

10. Collapse Details

Planetary body completing its rotation every 831,364.09053 seconds
    OP, have a look through the The Psychedelic Drugs Index. Here you'll find links to the most useful threads in this forum. This should definitely be your starting place whenever you have questions about psychedelics.

Here are just a few of the gems located in the index that you may find useful.
    [LSD Subthread] First time LSD
    The Big & Dandy Trip Preperation Thread
    The Big & Dandy Set and Setting Thread
    The Main Bad Trip Thread

Hope this helps

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Things got difficult at various points. It is important to stay relaxed and just go with the flow. Having some calming music on stand-by is very helpful. Also, the people you're with should be able to help. It is important to remember that you're tripping with everyone else that drops with you. Your mood and the direction of the trip isn't just dependent on you but on the others who are with you, hence the importance of tripping only with people you trust - at least to begin with. You all need to look out for each other and just relax into the experience. You should all be able to handle most things then. Of course, as noted above, starting out with a positive frame of mind is helpful.

My favourite trip thus far took place after a day in which I received a succession of good news. I was also feeling rather positive about life in general.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by simply special View Post
    what if you start going into a bad trip what is the best thang to do..?..
    Just go with it, try to distract yourself or change environments, or talk to someone if you have to and are able to.

I've heard of people taking benzos like Xanax or Valium to completely abort a bad trip but I've never done this.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PriestTheyCalledHim View Post
    Just go with it, try to distract yourself or change environments, or talk to someone if you have to and are able to.

I've heard of people taking benzos like Xanax or Valium to completely abort a bad trip but I've never done this.
    I always keep a benzo, or some niacinamide with me just in case.

Used 1g of Niacinamide once when someone who infuriates me showed up at a party, and it calmed me down.

Rage while tripping is...interesting. So glad I have as much self-discipline as I do, just went to my car and smoked a cigarette while fuming.

14. Collapse Details

Thanx

15. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Aetherius Rimor View Post

Rage while tripping is...interesting.
    - Whilst tripping I saw a police officer hassling a homeless lady (sorry hassling is a very pejorative word) and that made me so, so angry. Luckily, I exercised common sense (or a lack of gumption) and so I walked on by. However, that kind of rage felt wonderful

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Aetherius Rimor View Post
    I always keep a benzo, or some niacinamide with me just in case.

Used 1g of Niacinamide once when someone who infuriates me showed up at a party, and it calmed me down.

Rage while tripping is...interesting. So glad I have as much self-discipline as I do, just went to my car and smoked a cigarette while fuming.

Interesting how you have so much self-discipline yet you still smoke cigarettes & take benzos.

And how in the world is niacin supposed to calm one down??? That's almost as ridiculous as people using it to 'flush the THC out of their system'. Not that I didn't fall for it when I was younger. Sounds like we need to call the placebo police

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cryptix420 View Post
    Interesting how you have so much self-discipline yet you still smoke cigarettes & take benzos.

And how in the world is niacin supposed to calm one down??? That's almost as ridiculous as people using it to 'flush the THC out of their system'. Not that I didn't fall for it when I was younger. Sounds like we need to call the placebo police
    Nicotine is the only thing I'm addicted to. Done cocaine, opiates (other than heroin), amphetamines (other than meth), benzos, dissociatives. Nothing has ever given me cravings except nicotine. Probably because I was always afraid to get addicted so practice heavy moderation on everything, but didn't think to do so with nicotine when I first started smoking (at 23 years old... fail...).

Also

12 Niacinamide has also been found to stimulate
    GABA receptors, without binding to the receptor sites, thus creating a benzodiazepine-like effect.
    If I take 2g (prescribed doses for certain illnesses exceed that, and 2g is safe so far in my experience), it puts me on my ass. I look and act barred out and will fall asleep.

Also, Niacinamide not Niacin.

-------

Edit: More info

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/5...e-for-anxiety?

No you are correct my friend, the person above is wrong. Here is a citation: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/155222

Structurally niacinamide also known as nicotinamide is related to benzodiazepines based on its affinity for gaba receptors. Check out mind and muscle forums for more info I have a thread there that is more for the advanced user.

Dosing is personal but i would go with the standard dosing on the bottle, mega doses are not required but are safe if you want to try as it does not cause flushing like niacin.

It is also mentioned on benzo.org/uk as useful on WD symptoms, i highly recommend that site.

18. Collapse Details

So would indoors or outdoors be better for LSD..?..?..

So is there a major difference in between trippen on LSD as to DMT..?..
    Last edited by NeighborhoodThreat; 29-03-2012 at 21:16. Reason: merged posts

19. Collapse Details

So is there a major difference in between trippen on LSD as to DMT..?..
    Yes.

20. Collapse Details

how major is the difference..?..?..?..

21. Collapse Details

how major is the difference..?..?..?..
    LSD = Many hours of severely altered reality perception and non-linear thinking.

DMT = (at breakthrough dose) 20 minutes of hyperspatial travel, speaking to light beings, and all the other psychedelic intense roller coaster effects it can give, followed by another 20 or so minutes of intense visual distortions and strong emotions depending on your ability to integrate the experience.

22. Collapse Details

very. there are a million threads about these things. you're asking very simple questions that have been answered a lot which should make you seriously reconsider whether this is a wise thing for you to do.

23. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Yes after there first trip...
    i had my frist LSD trip at a big psytrance rave on a mountain in a forest last weekend...

it didnt "change me" as such, but my god did it open my eyes. It was the single happiest night of my life (droped at 3 am, tripped till 1 or 2 the next day) and just being given an insight as to just how powerfull the mind is (on drugs lol) gave my a new view on everything.

before my trip i didnt think feelings of such extremities were possible. I wouldmt recommend life without trying LSD.

24. Collapse Details

You will certainly think about the world differently after your first trip and will notice alot of things around you that you didnt seem to give attention to before. My first trip was an eye opening experience with my partner out in nature in a park during the day. It was so peaceful and beautiful that it reminded me what the world should be like not like it is today...Either way go into the trip with good expectations because you will get many many emotions flowing through your head at once all i can say is just to go with it and try not fight it. Lsd is wonderful and should never be treated with disrespect. I am happy i tried Lsd after years of research and was in a set and setting where nothing could go wrong. PLUR and report back to us if you decide to take the journey

25. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by i against i View Post
    very. there are a million threads about these things. you're asking very simple questions that have been answered a lot which should make you seriously reconsider whether this is a wise thing for you to do.
    I have to say that this makes a lot of sense. You need to do significant research by yourself before getting to the Q & A stage. However, I think everyone here is happy to offer advice.

As for tripping inside or outside, think about this carefully. I'm fairly experienced now but not with LSD. The main objective of the trip had been to mission - i.e. go on a little walk about. This was done but it was very challenging. Had to walk down rather an unpleasant street and cross a couple of roads to get to the nice green area we had selected to set up camp for a little while. We set off before the peak, made it to our destination and that was fine (and very wonderful). However, peaking whilst walking home was tough.

My advice would be that if you want to trip outside, try to do so in your own garden or a very quiet private space that is very accessible.