• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

While it's discouraged by doctors, many people take Methadone and a benzo. I've taken Xanax with my Methadone with no problems and I'm currently prescribed Methadone and Klonopin.

I think they can be very dangerous if taken together in large doses but I take 1.5mgs of klonopin a day and 30mgs of Methadone.

My doctor told me they were going to black box taking any benzo with Methadone but it hasn't happened yet. He did try to take my klonopin away completely but gave in because of spasms I have in my neck, shoulder and legs.

Be careful mixing them if you haven't done it before and don't start out with large doses. Methadone doesn't play well with most any substance, including alcohol.

My typical arsenal:
- Bupe is a must
- Benzos - I don't take them unless I'm in WD so they are very effective for anxiety and sleep.
- Kratom for when I get off bupe
- Multi vits and healthy food
- Exercise if I can, that helps out a ton

MY arsenal consists of 30 60mg morphine (street) , 2 8mg suboxone strips (street), 90 600 mg gabapentin (doc),50 mg Seroquel(doc), weed (shaman ), a few Xanax bars(street) , a kilo of meng da kratom (buy online cheep , you don?t need this much but that?s what I have ) multivitamins b complex vitamins Alpha GPC and DMAE ,
I am coming off a horrible h run for the past 3 months where I was using $100 of h a day which is 6 caps down here in south Florida . I also believe I am developing acute endocarditis. on top of fucking myself financially . by the end of this run I was sick and would feel nothing when I ivd 16 mgs of hydromorphone and felt not a thing . not even any better . this is when I also realized I had to stop
So this is going to be my protocol for the first 5 days I will be taking 3 60 mg morphine 3 600 mg gabapentin .1 mg Xanax spaced out .5 each time between smoking MJ and 50 mg Seroquel at night
I take 2 60 mg morphine in the morning before work wash coating off crush mix with 2 ml of hot water suck up into an oral syringe and insert into rectum you can find farther instruction on this on this site by using this method im pretty much taking my 30 60 mg morphine and doubling it because morphine has around a 60 percent bioavailability . Morphine is the best opiate to use to taper because it has a long half-life and does not bind to the receptors as tightly as most all others .
In the morning its important to eat as much as possible and take your supplements and vitamins because soon you will lose your appetite which will make you feel much sicker so its important to combat that by eating as many large meals as possible to stretch your stomach and try to keep you appetite high and start taking all your vitamins and supps a week before you plan you stop taking opiates
Then at lunch I take 2 600mg gabapentin (gabapentin and Seroquel are some of the easiest drugs to get from a doc because they are both non-narcotic but are very important parts of this protocol the morphine and subs I bought off the street for a total of around $250) and one more gabapentin with dinner take another 60 mg morphine smoke some herb take a little xanax and at bedtime 50 mg seroquil or more if needed .
Even with all of this and my body absorbing about 300 mgs morphine ( using rectal method so it was really 180 mgs daily) , my tolerance was so bad that I was still in slight withdrawals for the first 3 days but basically just some anxiety no appetite dilated pupils and I was freezing. But it?s important to stick to the protocol and allow yourself to withdrawal as much as possible .
After those 5 days I still have 15 morphine. then I allow myself to get off of the morphine for atleat 24 hours OR AS MANY as possible before taking 2mg of sublingual sub Oxone , the longer you wait the better it will work .( read dangers of precipitated withdrawals )after that wait an hour take another 2 mgs . then take 2 mgs 24 hours later or as long as possible . do this for 4 days and work your way down to 1 mg on the last day . then wait as long as possible before taking another morphine preferably days , take a half of the 60 mg morphine the next day see if you are comfortable ,,
keep taking Seroquel every night as needed
and sups and vitamins every days
take 3 Imodium at a time as needed
Now take 3 600 mg gabapentin 3 times a day for 3 days
That may be all you need of is so use 600 mgs gaba for 3 more days and then 300 then none but if not follow this
By this time you should be about 2 weeks in .
Start taking kratom 10 garms at a time 2wice perday for a week with a low dose of gabapentin
Take 5 grams of kratom at a time for a week
Take 300 mgs of gabapenton a day for the next week and ween your self off of that with half a morpiene for 2 days and 1 quarter on your last day and your done !!!! congrats you just detoxed painlessly

If you can not manage to get youre hands on all of these get as many as possible in reality kratom could get the job done on its own but the fist week would suck MUCH more

For me it's definately at least 3 warm blankets as I get very cold during withdrawal. Loperamide (immodium) is basically the only pharmaceutical, besides antidepressants, that helps me get through.
I usually start taking mirtazapine a week or two earlier, when I want to quit. This has helped me very much, many times in the past. It makes me fall asleep and the psychological symptoms (anxiety, depression) get reduced to a minimum. IMO the most painful symptoms are those.
Through taking antidepressants I experience a mainly physical withdrawal, which I always found easier to endure than the depressed mood and intense paranoia. Those continous thoughts, that make you think that you're going insane, were in my case the most common reason for using again.
However, when I'm forced to detox (no drugs/money/etc) and I don't have time to prepare the only thing that really helps me is codeine

-a good beta-blocker (propranolol, atenolol, etc)
-gabapentin/lyrica (find these rather useless unless mixed with other drugs and in huge amounts)
-flexeril/cyclobenzaprine/baclofen for worst case scenario
-seroquel
-trazadone
-Ambien/lunesta/other z drugs (again a very rare luxury)
-clonidine
-linsopril
-loperamide
-some type of other narcotic to take my mind off withdrawing, like any amphetamine, cocaine, ghb, powerful sleep meds, etc. Upper or downer does not matter, just something to get your mind away from sobriety and the horribleness of that
- if at all possible, benzos or somas (dont see the point on putting these as they are just as hard to obtain as opioid, and I take them along with my opioid, so rarely will I ever have this extremely lucky luxury, its not even really a withdrawal with these)

But then, I generally take most maybe all these things while taking strong opiates with them. My incredible drug tolerance is so strong that I can function on all this much much better than on nothing. I have tried sobriety in many different ways, as I have with just non narcotic drugs, etc....and the only way I function at all is to take as high a dose of opioids, amphetamines, and benzos as you can possibly get from any health care professional, along with heavy doses of non narcotic additive drugs that boost the effects of the narcotics. Not only that, but I also drink merely to boost the effects of other drugs as well, alcohol on its own is almost completely useless and produces very few good results....the closer to sober I ever get the worse in life that I start doing.

Uh I have a question, I was arrested once and the detective that talked with me told me to never take methadone and Xanax together because supposedly it creates a poison in your system once ingested together that once you take it there's no stopping it and that it would kill you, now I had a cousin die and had taken both drugs the night of his death but I'm just wondering is what the detective told me true or was he just trying to scare me away from taking drugs..?

The dangerous effects of methadone and Xanax together are the same as any other opioid and Benzo combination...granted Xanax and methadone are very strong of their classes, in low to moderate doses with a tolerance to benzos and opiates, there's no harm in them and can actually feed off of one another to make each other's effects stronger and thus having to take less of each than you would without the other drug. Cops are retarded, every cop ive ever talked to knows absolutely nothing medical at all, ive had some very dumb comments said to me by cops/paramedics and those types of workers, I remember once cop told me that "95%+ of cases of people with schizophrenia is from them taking too much meth"

Lol, meth does not account for 95% of the schizo people in the world, otherwise the only places that have people with psychotic illnesses like that would be about 1/5th of the world, schizophrenia is a naturally occurring disease of the mind that almost everyone with it was born with. There are very few cases of people drugging themselves into serious permanent psychosis, even most of the people that have these illnesses were born with them and right around the time they started getting symptoms, which is generally young adulthood is when anyone starts getting them, they just happened to use meth around that time as well. So its hard to know if these people drugged themselves to psychotic illness or just coincidentally it worked out that way, but my bet is on the latter, seeing as how drugs like crack and meth are so huge in first world countries like America, and those countries are so paranoid about the nonsensical "drug epidemic" and want to do the impossible task of having a society where no one ever gets high on anything illegal or narcotic, everybody's mind will be so much better off if we just take them off addicting narcotic substances, lol its nonsense, just gonna have a lot of suicidally depressed, paranoidally anxious, physicaly dying people.

My ideal one is high-dose memantine (nearly completely kills withdrawals of the physical kind, makes someone addicted psychologically indifferent to opioids, STAMPS on tolerance, both what one has, and what one could develop, and does it hard)

Never found gabapentin any use at all, and I should know, I've got loads of it.

Then (be aware this isn't for people not used to the former drug) chlormethiazole (I take it longterm for seizure prophylaxis, although if not used to it its dangerous stuff, since its a barbiturate-site GABAa agonist) and about 70-100mg nitrazepam spaced throughout the day as needed, for the first few days.

Clonidine, and tizanidine also, to block the sypathetic storm type effects that occur. If used by plugging I find tizanidine can be used for a fast knockout, although be aware that it also causes profound hypotension.

Lower strength opioids, or a few 10mg oxy, snorted or plugged throughout the day.

Kratom should be in every opiate addict's reserve, no matter how big your habit is. It's cheap, legal, and it works the same with everyone, whereas tramadol only works well for those with CYP2D6 allomorphisms. If you have a tolerance, you won't get any sort of high from Kratom, but it will save your ass! You can go up to 8-10g, which is equivalent to 30 (8g) - 37.5mg (10g) hydrocodone. Just don't dose any higher than 10g, because that's when Kratom nausea kicks in.

Beta blockers are also fantastic for the physical symptoms, just tell your doctor you get nervous with public speaking, they hand them out like candy

Benzos are great, too, but use them sparingly (4-5 days max)

What specific strain of kratom are you talking about? Bali?

I'm going through this crap all over again. Right now I'm at the peak, day 3.

But when does that thing stop happening where you jizz in 3 seconds? ;)))))

Bath tub, ice pack.
Weed, more weed and more weed.
lots of ice water.
And if i can find/get them any benzo typically ativan/xanax

All of these are ideal protocol for WDs, but this list plus the following is my arsenal:

Ibuprofen 800
Gatorade
Dark chocolate
Cold dark room with a noisy fan
HOT showers
Receiving of oral sex until orgasm
Soft pillows
Foot massages
A good friend/BF/GF who can tolerate being cursed out and bitched at For 5-7 days straight LoL

Stimulants (amphetamines)
Dissociatives (ketamine)
Benzodiazepines (clonazepam, diazepam, alprazolam)
Cannabinoids (good old weed)
Alpha-blockers (clonidine, which is a double-edged sword)
Gabapentinoids (gabapentin and pregabalin)

Or perhaps ibogaine, which is like every drug above combined and then some.

Cops piss me off cuz they act like they know shit when really they're dumb as a box of rocks. 95%! Lol I would've laughed in his face

Why not just go to a methadone clinic to get off the opiates. There are places that don't require insurance or payment, since they get funding from the government or private donations.

Weed is by far the greatest help. After that gabapentin, loperamide, and DXM. Nicotine helps distract me, but stimulants usually aren't a good call. Regular exercise helps a ton with the unpleasant muscle symptoms.

Maybe a little grapefruit juice and cimetidine depending how deep into it I am, but that's kind of cheating.

For the mental side, distract yourself. I'm the traditional, isolated type junkie. I kick alone with a TV, not getting up except to pee, drink water, and smoke weed. So if TV and video games work for you, great.

Kicking right now until the methadone clinic opens in 2 hours. Almost there... Almost there...

Last edited:
Tianeptine sodium 200mg diminished wd and made me high after i used tramadol for 2 weeks just to not feel like i am going to die from hydromorphone wd, today i didnt take any tramadol, just 200mg tianeptine and it made me warm,itchy and happy, just like nice morphine dose..but it wont last long for sure..

For opiate withdrawal the best remedies are clonidine which relieve several symptoms at once, a benzodiacepine for anxiety and insomnia, desketoprofen for pain, domperidone for nausea and diarrhea

Gabapentin
Clonidine
Muscle relaxers
Immodium
Crap ton of ibuproferen and Tylenol
Bengal
Prescription sleeping pills
Hot showers!
Benzos if I can get them
When I'm really desperate and the lethargy is really bad and I don't have the luxury to lay in bed and detox, I will use Amphetimines for energy. Obviously I wouldn't recommend this cuz then you end up with two addictions and sometimes the amps make the pain, lethargy, depression and muscle spasms worse after they wear off, but if I'm desperate and have to get up and function I'll use them.