• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

Believe it or not eating alot of food helps the WD alot. I know it sounds counterproductive because most of the time you won't have any apetite at all or be throwing up or some unpleasant BS like that, but the times I ate alot were the times I didn't notice the WD as much. When I don't eat... the WD is SO BAD.

ALSO, being constantly busy. Sounds like it would suck, but when you have tasks at hand that are forced upon you it's better than being stuck in bed thinking about an ex from 7 years ago and bringing up bad memories.

Opiate withdraw is something to be respected, after personally going cold turkey from prescribed Dones, and Perks... I believe im entitled to say that. Im the acceptation to the rule, that .02% that was able to detox, using only alcohol and herb and my antidepressants, and a couch. Yes i can say i did it on my own, i got lucky, but i also endured violent;ent detox symptoms for 2 months, before being able to take suboxon, before 2 months it only made the detox worse! I have nursed myself thru, doctor day sickies, and other mild detoxes, who hasn't! My personal arsenal consists of:
- 10 Suboxon, or subutex, or a combo of the two
- 30 xanax
- a fat sack of herb and or dabs
- 90 clonadine
- lots of alcohol
- a sexual partner, or ur significant other, it helps
- ZzzQuil or benadryl
- a case or two of water
- vitamins
- LOTS OF ENTERTAINMENT TO DISTRACT YOUR MIND...
- about 5x's as many clothes as u think u need, cuz sometimes nothing is comfy, or u pee or poo on yourself
- MOST IMPORTANT, someone thats clean so they are empathetic to whats going on with ur body cuz it can get gross, if not someone who's been thru it, someone that loves u to death, and won't give in to you NO MATTER WHAT, cuz the evil of addiction will find its way to your mouth and the words you find dripping from your lips, things u never knew you would or could stoop to.. that evil will say anything to get a fix, to relieve the pain, even if its "seriously the last time", for only a few moments of reprieve only to have to go thru all of what you had accomplished... make sure your detox safety buddy, has the strength to say no and not give in!!!

Constant vigilance. Staying clean is way harder, I'm at 5 months and having cravings for smack. I can never go back, would set my life off track and I'm running out of chances to get better. Be weary of post-acute withdrawal symptoms they hit me like a ton of bricks. Before 5 months I had only made it about a week. Dealing with etizolam / xanax wd's now can my body have a break at some point? Oh right. Got that hash and that bong over there. Just keep fighting never give up. A year ago I was teaching myself how to stick needles in my arm. Quit the dope in June the oxy around the new year. Last time I didn't know my tolerance and took 160mg. 20mg would have been fine, it was bad. So if you are planning on quitting keep in mind to stay committed because you may tell yourself you know your tolerance is lower but trust you won't listen.

I am KILLING it with the hot yoga. up to 5 classes a week, and been going strong for 5 months. My body has completely changed and I no longer suffer from chronic back pain. It is there, but H withdrawals were so much worse it doesn't bother me and I just ignore it. That shit made me stronger, the cold turkey, the weeks of torture. That is what keeps me off it too. All I have to do is think about that fucking misery and how it was never enough by the end of it.

Keeping buy is so important, I was doing easier type hot yoga classes on like day 3. It helped me learn how to get dressed, pack a bag, and drive a car again at first. And sort of forced me to take better care of my body as it takes a lot outta ya that discipline can get pretty hardcore.

Just keep in mind that every time you detox you are stealing energy from yourself - the precise arrangement of energies that will already be depleted next time around. If you wear yourself out detoxing too many times the withdrawal worsens and becomes more and more of a monstrosity and much longer of a struggle too so just try and do it right the first time or 5.

Last edited:
For the opiate withdrawal the best is clonidine for avoid several symptoms, a benzodiacepine for anxiety and insomnia, desketoprofen for pain and domperidone for nausea and diarrhea

For the opiate withdrawal the best is clonidine for avoid several symptoms, a benzodiacepine for anxiety and insomnia, desketoprofen for pain and domperidone for nausea and diarrhea

Is domperidone superior to ondansetron? Seems pretty similar. Didn't know such drugs made a big impact on GI symptoms like diarrhea.

Is desketoprofen superior to ibuprofen? Also seems pretty similar.

And by benzodiacepine you mean benzodiazepine?

I used to take flexeril when I was sick but still using and in high doses could knock me out for 24 hours... with benzos and baclofen as well. One of those are good to have.

I did a lot of hot yoga actually in the early stages when I was still in acute withdrawal. I have been practicing all year now and up to 5 classes a week. It has helped to hasten the recovery, absolutely. Getting out for long walks once you can is nice, used to go on treks and the time would pass.

Valerian is a good herbal supplement for sleep and anxiety too. Also, L-tyrosene is great. Wish I had some right now as I am crashing from a few days of key bumps. It is good for coke crashes but if you take like 4000mg of that stuff in opiate withdrawal you might at least be able to make yourself a cup of tea, or shower and get out for a walk around a block. It is definitely good for energy, in the later stages I get into espresso and a lot of tea. Sometimes a little white that was the first time since October for that.

I had a tried and trusted method of getting clean during the first 10 years of my heroin addiction, when I was going through cycles of a few months clean, then a few months using and so on and so forth. I was not being treated with methadone at the time, and on 4 occasions I took myself off the Crete for 2 weeks as I have friends over there who live in a beautiful village (Kalyves).

Due to how much higher my general level of stupidity was at the time I never had any qualms about bringing personal quantities of drugs across international borders, but regardless of how much heroin I could afford the day before travel (which ranged from 10 street units to 3.5 gram lumps) to tail off with it would all be gone by the 3rd day at the latest, leaving me with a straight up rattle to just face head on.

But, with bottles of 2mg Roche 'Rivotril' clonazepam easily obtainable from local chemists for a couple of euros a pop (but not anymore, they just used to be really lax regarding prescriptions...), perfect weather, cheap alcohol, wonderful restaurants (which came in more useful after the first few days) and most importantly - no access whatsoever to poppies of any kind (the heroin scene is so taboo its well underground and even OTC products containing codeine are illegal to posses) - Crete was and, despite it being more difficult now to get benzodiazepines over there, still is the one place where I could not only get my shit straight but have a pleasant as time as possible doing so. I would normally be feeling physically over it by day 6 or 7, allowing me to enjoy the second week properly.

But on every occasion (I think) I scored the minute I got home to the UK and whether it took only a few weeks or a few months my continuous 'chipping' would always and inevitably lead to a full relapse.

Dramamine, lots and lots of fine cannabis extract (shatter, budder, I no longer smoke bud, best thing about living in Canada), gabapentin, loads of Gatorade and ginger ale, and blankets and a tv. also valium and a few strong drinks to put me to sleep.

Dramamine, lots and lots of fine cannabis extract (shatter, budder, I no longer smoke bud, best thing about living in Canada), gabapentin, loads of Gatorade and ginger ale, and blankets and a tv. also valium and a few strong drinks to put me to sleep.

I know a certain amount of people stop enjoying cannabis as they get older, particularly among opiate users who are often highly strung and rely on their habits to suppress their anxiety, but if one has a taste for cannabis it has to be one of the best comfort drugs to use, due to it's ultra low toxicity and powerful ability to induce a strong high and the potential + effect on mood - its extremely easy to experience intense emotions when in WD as your brain begins to start switching back on and as such you can get a real push in the right direction from ganj.

Despite being a prolific user and abuser of benzodiazepines above and beyond those I have self medicated with during heroin wd I have never used a gabapentinoid but I see many folk really loving them. About 2 years ago or so I met this homeless guy while waiting for a dealer whose pockets were stuffed with drugs - he was fucking professional case but he was still cool and generous enough to crash me about 2 grams of this temple ball opiated hash (which I have never come across b4 or since), about 15 or so 2mg Roche 'Rivotril' clonazepams, but apologised for not being able to part with even one of his pregablin's. Of course, was I complaining but I would have seen the benzo's as more desirable than the pregablins, having never taken the drug (or gabapentin).

im not overall a huge fan of cannabis anymore for exactly the reasons you stated. however i find it great on the odd occassion I accidentally let opioids get the best of me and end up in withdrawal purely for the nausea killing power. anxiety comes with wd and while weed makes it worse for me, being sick is much further up on the priority list lol. gabapentin helps with the full body aches associated with opi withdrawal and just generally helps soften the symptoms. it's nothing spectacular really but if you take it the way you should to get a buzz (dose stacking) about once every other week it can be quite rewarding. only reason I say this is because tolerance builds very fast. like exponentially with every dose and after 3 or 4 days it's useless even for what it's prescribed for (my fibromyalgia). and god damn that is a pretty nice score as well. don't know why he'd part with all that sweetness and keep the gabapentin. whatever floats his boat I guess lol

It?s been quite awhile since your post . How many mg was each pill.? 50? How are things going for him today.

My weapons for the war...

3 10mg Diastat Acudials 5 .5mg xanax 5 7.5mg clonazepate 3 1mg ativans 30 4mg zanaflex and as much weed as possible

Yeah I figured that, more or less a band aid

It has a BAD withdrawal too! I used it for ten days and that was way too long. I went through eight weeks of acute opiate withdrawal from that. I thought I was tapering down. Lol!

Be careful with the loperamide friends.

I found the best way to withdrawal is to make a watered down solution of your medication and just use a little bit when you feel like you can't stand it anymore. Wean yourself off real gently. For me, just knowing I have something if the pain gets too bad helps a lot.
Knowing you can get some relief at anytime somehow makes it easier and cuts out any panic or imaginary symptoms.

Would it be safe for someone to take loperamide and Tylenol 3 at the same time since it is a opiate I'm asking out of concern for a family member

Last edited: