• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

The likelihood of "replacing one addiction for another" when detoxing on opiates with other medications is honestly quite low. If you want to kick Opiates, that's your mission, you're not looking for a substitution. Tramadol DOES ease WD symptoms and with any sizeable tolerance it's not getting you high anyway, it's just allowing some agonism thus alleviating some symptoms.

Lyrica has been medically tested (there are research papers available online) to be quite competent in fighting Opiate WD symptoms. There were no "side effects" or "interactions" with Lyrica and opiate WD. I understand the need for caution, but I ask anyone facing WD, why be in pain when you don't have to be? There are effective medications that will mute the symptoms to the level where you're not even in pain.

I always hated the "you should have medical supervision/at the advice of a doctor..." lines that are repeated every so often. I understand the need to say that and its HR value, but fucking honestly, most doctors don't have a clue. Read research journals online, know your interactions, and just go by what your body tells you. Be informed, not ignorant. Dr's don't do everything out of the best interest for their patient, they do what's in their best interest in avoiding legal complications/being sued.

You are the master of your own body. Do your research and be informed, it's ultimately the best way to stay safe and the best way to combat the negatives of WD/addiction.

^Sadly I have to agree with the above. The only detox I've ever "suffered" through was at the hands of doctors. With a few very small remedies (even when they're as simple as fiber, sleep, food, hydration, good music and a comforting enviroment) w/d is not something (for the majority of dependent) people need to over play. Yes for the chosen few dedicated dope fiends, w/o from opioids can be a real bitch. But I still challenge them to try it out with just what I've said (sadly "a comforting enviroment" seems like it's more often a luxury than not).

Still though, it's good to temper what I've just written with saying that, even if it's a big THAT, if you have a doctor that knows whats up, a good MD (as I have found) can be truly wonderful (and at times life saving but that goes more for benzos and alcohol).

Currently I'm using

Loperamide
low doses DXM
Alprazolam
Clonazepam
Gabapentin
UR-144
MXE (Will use tomorrow 4 days after my last use)
Tramadol (Picking up 120 this afternoon)

Usually I use
Suboxone
Clonazepam
Amphetamine
Gabapentin

Just try not to over do it with the benzos, as I see you have shorter and med-long acting ones.

Well Im not fully WDing atm. Finished my methadone script a few days early and I waited a little late on calling the script in (didn't know the office would be closed tomorrow) so I have a peroid of no methadone. I'm trying to hide that office then get back on. Also I take 2mg of clonazepam a day or atleast should (end up getting rid of atleast 10-15 mg each month).

I started my WD by taking 10mg of methadone on the last day after ~40-45mg/d avg waited two whole days to take 5mg of methadone and now I'm 4 days out from that. I've been taking the xanax and kpins for the last week ~1-2mg a day, added the lope, dxm, gaba 2 days ago.

You know what's up. Just be safe. As you know less is more when it comes to benzos (literally and figuratively).

Loperamide, DXM, a benzo (or phenibut), clonidine. With this combo moderately bad withdrawals are reduced to nearly nothing.

very helpful thread. I have taken the liberty (which I hope no one objects to) of cobbling everyone's contributions together and removed all duplicate suggestions and added a couple of notes of my own. I plan to use elements of this as my own withdrawl plan or recipe and thought i might as well post my work here incase anyone else finds it useful.

NEED TO TAYLOR OR PICK AND MIX THESE SUGGESTIONS, IT GOES WITHOUT SAYING THAT ONE WOULD NOT USE ALL OF THESE INGREDIENTS TOGTHER, BUT JUST FELT OBLIGED TO STATE THE OBVIOUS FOR HR REASONS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE FEELS THE NEED TO DO SO.

1) Exercise.
2) enough of your opiates to halve your dose every day until you are taking one standard dose rapid tapr. No more thaN 7 DAYS. sWITCH TO KRATOM ASAP.
3) HOT SHOWERS ARE CRUCIAL!
4) Something to occupy your mind (books, movies, internet ect) mdb added - wank material for when your abilty to reach orgasm returns.

CIMETEDINE - not been mentioned here so far, but other threads have mentioned it as very helpful.
PHENIBUT
BACLOFEN ?
Tramadol only works well for those with CYP2D6 allomorphism 100-150mg/day of WD not meant to do any more than take the EDGE off by allowing SOME mu agonism)
FOR A RAPID TAPER - not WD arsenal material. Just extending till the next major fix. I understand that tapering methods can
be achieved from these but if you want completely out ? A lot of good suggestions here though and you should heed those. The likelihood of "replacing one addiction for another" when detoxing on opiates with other medications is honestly quite low. If you want to kick Opiates, that's your mission, you're not looking for a substitution. Tramadol DOES ease WD symptoms and with any sizeable tolerance it's not getting you high anyway, it's just allowing some agonism thus alleviating some symptoms.

Pregabalin/Lyrica: up to 600mg (about 300-450mg/day, this is the bread and butter opiate WD stopper. I find it relieves at least 80% of the symptoms to a degree where you ALMOST feel good. Start at 3x 100mg /day, if that's not enough increase to 150mg or if you really need it, 200mg 3x/day)
use Lyrica the magic drug of all drugs for the dope fiend. has been medically tested (there are research papers available online) to be quite competent in fighting Opiate WD symptoms. There were no "side effects" or "interactions" with Lyrica and opiate WD. I understand the need for caution, but I ask anyone facing WD, why be in pain when you don't have to be? There are effective medications that will mute the symptoms to the level where you're not even in pain.

Flexeril (10-30mg 3/day)
Dimenhydrinate (150-200mg-solely for CNS depression) for nausea and sedative properties - COULD ALSO USE PHENERGAN ?
Benedryl
PHENERGAN ?
IBOPROFEN WITH COEDINE INITIALLY ????????????? ibuprofen works 'ok' for kiiiind of taking care of headache/various body ache/s
aspirin (for fever) WITH COD INITIALLY
Barbituates - METHAQUALONE (MTQ suggested by mdb as its the only barb like substance he can obtain)
Soma up to 1400mg
Loperamide Immodium (8-10mg every few hours)
Beta blockers are also fantastic for the physical symptoms, just tell your doctor you get nervous with public speaking, they hand them out like candy
IBOGAINE ?
Piracetam. INVESTIGATE.
Hydration LOTS OF WATER,
Sleep LOADS
Vitamins: Nutritious diet, Multivitamins, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Fish Oil Gelcaps, Milk Thistle.Vitamin B6, B12, C, E, Magnesium, '5-HTP Power'POTASSIUM
TEA
Have sex. Great distraction from WD even if it's temporary.

BALI KRATOM - SEDATING (2x daily, bread and butter opiate WD fighter, allows for an even smaller amount of mu agonism, but enough to take the edge off, especially if used with Tramadol)Many years ago I may have had a 150-200mg/day Oxy habit. After trying cold turkey and almost commiting suicide I tried Kratom. It took away 95% of the WD's. It was a literal lifesaver. I ordered cheap powdered kratom and "00" capsules. My starter dose was 10-12 caps a day and then worked my way down to 0. As we all know, you will always be tempted so always keep a little kratom around. Kratom had very mild WD effects after stopping but were NOTHING compared to opiod/opiate WD. It's cheap and LEGAL, for now. At least give it a try!
Kratom should be in every opiate addict's reserve, no matter how big your habit is. It's cheap, legal, and it works the same with everyone, whereas If you have a tolerance, you won't get any sort of high from Kratom, but it will save your ass! You can go up to 8-10g, which is equivalent to 30 (8g) - 37.5mg (10g) hydrocodone. Just don't dose any higher than 10g, because that's when Kratom nausea kicks in.Yes kratom has WD's but thEYRE so mild that they shouldn't even be called withdrawals. For those that really want to quit opiods/opiates, PLEASE try kratom first. Cheap, legal
I know 2 former H users that used kratom. It didn't make them feel "normal" but definitely made life livable. I have read somewhere on BL how to approximate how many grams a "00" capsule can hold. I got nauseous when taking more than needed to control WD's. Any more than 16-17 "00" capsules.

benzos are great, too, but use them sparingly (4-5 days max)
Alprazolam STRONG MUSCLE RELAXANT PROPERTIES
Lorazepam/
Temazepam
Alprazolam
Clonazepam 5-1mg/day, usually at night, of Clonozepam (You have a few other drugs in your system, keep the dosage low. None of the above drugs are really strong enough to be dangerous mixed with a small dose of a long half life benzo such as this. I've never had a problem and I have no benzo tolerance and it WILL take the edge off the mental side effects combined with the other meds and should help you sleep)
Clonidine HANDFUL OF for sweating. Suppose I could get this(?).clonidine are the standard treatments provided by doctors who know what they're doing/actually care about and want to minimize the suffering of their patients.
XANAX
ETIZOLAM very effective at 2 mg as a hypnotic even in those with tolerance. Those with tolerance may require larger doses for anxiolytic effects. For those without tolerance to Etizolam it is 6 times more effective than diazepam as an anxiolytic.
KLONOPIN (BENZO?)

MXE,PCP, KET, DXM:

It's sad how NMDA antagonists are so under-utilized by people suffering acute withdrawal from opioids. I cannot begin to say how far even just a little DXM or Ket can go into making even c/t relatively comfortable (more comfortable than most would even imagine possible is my guess).
KET if possible to obtain. Great for the constant dysphoria by providing euphoria. ket and dxm are AMAZING opioid withdrawal aids.didn't experience a second of WD thanks to dxm last time around I did have a bit of insomnia BUT thats it I'm guessing Ket and DXM were mentioned together because they both act as NMDA receptor antagonists? Which actually makes sense, since your brain wouldn't be sending as many (or any at all) of the nasty withdrawal feelings to the conscious mind. Hooray for knowing the absolute minimum of human brain chemistry! Reduces tolerance as well. KET AND DXM they are both NMDA receptor antagonists, DXM being a whole heck of a lot more potent in terms of NMDA antagonism than ket. I took at high 1st plateau-moderate 2nd plateau dose once a day for about five days and did not suffer ANY actue w/d symptoms except some mild insomnia. This, coming off a three or four month heroin habit, mostly smoking and IM, using 1-3g/day of moderate tar. And for the record, NMDA antagonists do not reduce tolerance per say, unless you're taken them while not taking any opioids (and then what really is reducing your tolerance is still simply not taking the opioid in the first place)... Rather, NMDA antagonists, if taken with you standard doses of opioids (and you've go to do it every time if you want this to work correctly), prevent tolerance from increasing. Although you will become tolerance to the NMDA antagonist, it doesn't seem like one becomes tolerant to their tolerance preventing effects.

(Counter-Indicated. Either psychological or physical interaction with symptoms of withdraw.)
Mephedrone
Amphetamines (Dexedrine, Adderall, etc) ????????????
Alcohol
Nicotine TRY TO GIVE YO SMOKING FOR THE DURATION !!! ????????????????? "They don't help but they calm me down and give me a quick break from the wd"
Caffeine
Methamphetamines, although I do admit sometimes it does help provide a good distraction.

*Marijuana can go either way. If you are a regular smoker and not prone to paranoia and panic episodes, it will relax your muscles, help regulate your temperature, settle your stomache, and relieve gi distress.
On the flip side, if you are prone to excitement when smoking, or smoking heavy sativas, I would not recommend marijuana during opiate withdraw.

UR-144??????????????

These words are not my own, so i should wrap them in quote marks:

"With the above, I've successfully kicked my Oxy habit at least 4 times. You can substitute the Tramadol OR the Kratom but I would at least keep one of them in there so you get a small amount of mu agonism that will really slightly lessen the intensity of the WD. The Lyrica is the bread and butter WD stopper for whatever the reason, it just makes you feel better. The benzo (I prefer Klonopin here because of the long halflife) will allow you to sleep with the lyrica combined in your system (both together should knock you out) and make your mind calmer. The multivitamins and immodium are a no -brainer.

I will add, it may seem like you're combining a lot of things with a benzo, but Tramadol is a VERY weak opiate. I've combined 400mg of Tramadol with no benzo tolerance and 1mg of Kpin and had 0 respiratory side effects or anything worrysome. Plus you're going to be splitting up minor 50mg doses throughout the day. I promise you this is all safe. I know everyone is different so it's always best to use with caution so DOSE SLOWLY THE FIRST DAY OF WD, MEASURE HOW YOUR BODY RESPONDS TO THE COMBINATION OF THE ABOVE MEDS. You should be fine and, It works miracles. More often than not, you won't even realize you're in WD. The smaller your habit, the more effective this combo is, but the most I've come off of is about 180mg Oxy/day and this combo made the WD minor.

The biggest downside to this method is, depending upon your situation, the difficulty in obtaining any or all of these medications. So if you have a habit and know you're going to be stopping sometime in the near future, I'd recommend you stock up on small-moderate quantities of the above medications if/when you come across them. Just put them away for when you're going to WD.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like further information or my findings for dosage administration/day that works best. I feel like I've become a pro at opiate WD because I've found this method to make it painless and I'd love nothing more than to share it with someone so they don't feel helpless. You will not build any dependence to the above medications from the 3-6 days you will be using them. I'd discontinue the Clonozepam first on the first day you feel you're able to go without it, followed by the Tramadol, followed by the Kratom, and then the Lyrica.

Of course, probably the best and easiest (in terms of # of things you need) method of Opiate detox is a 6 day bupe taper. But in order to do that successfully and painlessly you REALLY have to research and understand Buprenorphine and dose properly. It's like a more advanced way to detox, but like I said, there's a shit ton of information you need to read up on Bupe before you can successfully use it for a short taper. Even administering it has a learning curve."

Last edited:
The only thing to get me fully off has been a jail cell. Anything else and I ended up going back before I'm done. And the withdrawls in a cell aren't as bad as you would think, yea it's almost 2 weeks of hell but your mind tells itself there is nothing to do about it so just deal with it, I'm always sicker at home when I know I can get dope than in jail, and this last time I was detoxing off 20-30 roxies a day.

Please anyone I need help! I just found out that my husband is addicted to his tramadol and is taking up to 15 pills a day!!!! I made a calendar for him and I was wondering if I am doing it the right way I have no idea how this thing works so what I did was I have a set amount of days ... for two days hell take 11 pills then for 2 days hell take 10 after two days 9 and so on until he gets down to half. I am really worried about him and I need some help!!!! I don't want anything to happen to him! I also space them out around the day 2 in the morning 2 in the afternoon 2 in midafternoon and the remainder before bed! Am I doing the right thing for him? SUGGESTIONS PLZZ! He also is still experiencing withdrawals even though he is taking them but a smaller dosage is this normal? HELP!

^Yes that's normal for him to experience discomfort while tapering. Opioid withdrawal is uncomfortable but it's not as bad as other withdrawals like to benzodiazepines. Tramadol is extra-uncomfortable due to it also acting as an SNRI.

Your taper plan is fine.

Any feedback on the Loperamide? Will I get wds from that alone? I have been taking 50 (100mg) a day for the past 3 days. Its not just helping the heroin wds, but its actually getting me high. More like taking a bunch of perc 512's than anything. Pinned eyes and everything. Im just wondering if the loperamide is gonna have its own wds. (and before anybody warns me about it, my stomach has been doing fine) I have been using H regularly for about 1 year.

+ cold turkey :
* Pen and paper (hardly an absolute necessity for most, but I find it very catharctic to keep a log of thoughts, feelings etc...eventually)
* Room, bed along with plenty of time and sleep...
* Ensure Plus [ strawberry flavour - 3/4 a day - yummers) for nutrition and calories for when appitiite is weak...however I tend to drink these wheither I'm using or not, because they're just the best ever...60 for 50cents? Why not.
* Motillium (though its not vital with my habit but often easens the stomach discomfort)
* Internet access, books,

+ ultra-quick methadone wean : :
* Methadone - 50mls [ 10mls 1st & 2nd days, 5mls 3rd & 4th, 2.5mls 5th & 6th with a drop (well - 15mls, however 50mls is the least I can buy on the street as allegedly pricing gets tricky below that) left over to be recycled and reused for another time {which generally tends to come around, eventually} ]

+ otherwise : : :
* OTC Codeine [ after tapering habit down as low and as fast as possible - at best Kpake 30mgs however this often requires a prescription depending upon your local, at worst either a CWE on some solpodine ]

Last edited:
Any feedback on the Loperamide? Will I get wds from that alone? I have been taking 50 (100mg) a day for the past 3 days. Its not just helping the heroin wds, but its actually getting me high. More like taking a bunch of perc 512's than anything. Pinned eyes and everything. Im just wondering if the loperamide is gonna have its own wds. (and before anybody warns me about it, my stomach has been doing fine) I have been using H regularly for about 1 year.

Highly unusual, that.

* LOW dose of long opaite like meth or subs to half the wd and comedown better.
* Benedryl people say which is DPH? usually I take with opiates.
*Clonidine Need some myself never used em
*Benzos these babys will help HOWEVER are addictive so watch out, long term use is worse to wd than ops
* Immodium sorta an opiaet I heard someone take 40mg (BTW THIS MIGHT BE HARMUFUL) and it killed 90%
*Kratom sounds good to help
* Vits yeah get them in you, I got A-Z, iron, folic,fishgarlc,vitd and more
*Noops give piratam a go I use AMIRACETAM and OXYRACETAM with clonline
*anti-dp 5htp and/or saint johns wort (maybe an ssri)
* healthy food you will neeed and protaine shakes, etc
* Food that is good for your bowels and digestive system psy. husks, lemons, water, etc
* Pregabalin helps alot
* DXM??? Ketamine I have heard but done quote me
* reward system I got an app on my phnoe I use h I reset the clock so I gotta be clean to make a week and then TREAT myself.
* mild stims can help but not in highish amounts I used ethylphenadate on Subs
* ghb/gbl - this is great and good for sleep

Enjoy what you have adn be thankful your up here and not dead.

Pepto bismo
Advil
Diphenhydramine
Imodium
Vitamins
Healthy food
Something to do.
Masterbation.
I absolutely hate the restlessness you get, you wanna lay down but can't. And that feeling in your legs.. So fucking uncomfortable.
Believe it or not tho masterbating does help momentarely

what is this kratom i keep reading about? my money says it ain't available in united states...

^everything is available in the united states.

Kratom has opaite like effect similar to the feeling of low dose hydrocodone im told.

reason I ask-
it is day 1 of withdrawal for me.
i have been (sniffing/plugging never IVed) 1-2 bags of h a day for about 4 months.
i am an idiot for indulging in this on my budget! I am craving it very much but the wallet says no!
anyway...time to stop.
I'm a chronic pain patient.

I've got decent supply of 10mg vicodin by legit RX
2 strips of suboxone
2.5 mg xanax a day (rx)
i have about 20 tramadol.
some immodium
vitamins

today i have taken 1 mg xanax
40 mg vicodin
1 dose of a nsaid pain releiver from my arthritis doc (like aleve x 5)
literally 1/16th of a sliver of suboxone (don't want to get sick with the vicodin in my system)
lots of water.
vit C (non acidic) and zinc plus a multi
high fiber cereal, yogurt,

homemade veggie beef soup- but that makes me sick to look at it right now. But I have it , made it before i crashed so I would have it when my appetite returns.

I dosed down a little bit, but not by much. i was starting to need 2 bags a days to feel it, and if i thought the price of 1 bag was insane, well 2 a day, shit that is half a days work. I have to work today. Left work saturday, just got real sick even though I had barely begun detoxing then. Maybe dosing down was the hard part? But knock on wood right this minute it is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be , given that it is the first day with no h in 4 months.

I live in USA, and advice helpful. Gotta go to work now. My skin is crawling ....prickly sensation but otherwise okay