• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

muhahahaha my fav:
NSFW:
VampireFleshlight1-1.jpg
Fleshlight_II_02.jpg

(just so we all know, no, I do not own ones of these yet. key word: yet. :p)

okay, sorry to get so off track... I'll stfu now. Thankyougoodbye.

1) Exercise.
2) enough of your opiates to halve your dose every day until you are taking one standard dose ( ie 5mg oxy, 2mg dilaudid, etc...)

That's all I use. I am taking a break from my meds and have been 2 weeks off with no issues to speak of.

absolutely! other than a positive attitude I think a healthy diet, good amount sleep and physical activity/exercise are some of the most overlooked, yet most helpful aids in alleviating w/d if not simply making it go by faster.

what meds do you normally take muv? opioids of some sort I assume?

I always wanted to try my own rapid detox. Here's my preliminary outline:

Have someone put you under anesthetic (ketamine or heavy barbiturates) . Then have that person give a shot of naltrexone. A second dose of naltrexone might be necessary after about 5 hours (its half life).
Ideally you'd want the "anesthetic" to be effective for about 2 days, (might require a redose.). After that, PWD should be mostly gone.

The logistics and legal ramifications are quite immense. But, if you can work around that,... course you might end up missing one of one your kidneys, or a lung.

/sarcasm

Last edited:
lazy, this is what I'm saying, although maybe for different reasons:

ket and dxm are AMAZING opioid withdrawal aids. didn't experience a second of w/d thanks to dxm last time around (albeit I did have a bit of insomnia, but that's it)

Hmmm.. (besides my emergency suboxone supply... )

Weed (as long as I have no Dr. appt in near future-possible UA
(prescribed) Xanax and Klonopin
Gapapentin (if fortunate enough to get my manos on it)
Soma
ibuprofen works 'ok' for kiiiind of taking care of headache/various body ache/s or
aspirin (for fever)
-wish I had clonodine for sweating. Suppose I could get this(?).
Immodium
Vitamins- Vitamin B6, B12, C, E, Magnesium, '5-HTP Power'
Looots of water
Blankets & sleep

lazy, this is what I'm saying, although maybe for different reasons:

ket and dxm are AMAZING opioid withdrawal aids. didn't experience a second of w/d thanks to dxm last time around (albeit I did have a bit of insomnia, but that's it)

Was it a great deal of DXM? 1st or 2nd plateau levels? Or just a constant low dose throughout the day?

I wouldn't take more than 2-300mg...I wouldn't want to be in w/d's and then have the awkwardness of a full on DXM trip make it worse lol...

This being a "Harm reduction forum", I cannot figure out why some suggest to an ADDICT to use methadone and lots of benzos. Yes kratom has WD's but they are so mild that they shouldn't even be called withdrawals.

For those that really want to quit opiods/opiates, PLEASE try kratom first. Cheap, legal and you want have to ask us how to kick benzos in 2 months.

If you are needing something to kick opiods, YOU ARE AN ADDICT! Don't substitute one thing for something even harder to kick.

I have no problem with any adult that wants to get high. If I didn't get tested, I would be a heavy user too. But... if someone wants to clean up, I wish them the best of luck and will give advice based on personal experiences.

i am on methadone and have found it to be a lifesaver. if someone wants to detox then methadone should be a last resource. in my kit i used to have bupe, clonidine, weed, valium or xanax (never for more than a few days though) and some immodium AD for the jump off from the bupe. shit, ive detoxed myself from an 80$ a day smack habit with 2 8mg subs and a handful of clonidine. not super pleasant but then again WD shouldnt be. Gotta pay to play!

This being a "Harm reduction forum", I cannot figure out why some suggest to an ADDICT to use methadone and lots of benzos. Yes kratom has WD's but they are so mild that they shouldn't even be called withdrawals.

For those that really want to quit opiods/opiates, PLEASE try kratom first. Cheap, legal and you want have to ask us how to kick benzos in 2 months.

If you are needing something to kick opiods, YOU ARE AN ADDICT! Don't substitute one thing for something even harder to kick.

I have no problem with any adult that wants to get high. If I didn't get tested, I would be a heavy user too. But... if someone wants to clean up, I wish them the best of luck and will give advice based on personal experiences.

I mentioned kratom in the first post, but I was a bit wary as wouldn't you need to ingest a great deal of the stuff for it to have any effect on WDs from a high tolerance of something much stronger?

Oh and I'm guessing Ket and DXM were mentioned together because they both act as NMDA receptor antagonists? Which actually makes sense, since your brain wouldn't be sending as many (or any at all) of the nasty withdrawal feelings to the conscious mind. Hooray for knowing the absolute minimum of human brain chemistry!

^ Correct, both NMDA antagonists. Reduces tolerance as well.

Oh and I'm guessing Ket and DXM were mentioned together because they both act as NMDA receptor antagonists? Which actually makes sense, since your brain wouldn't be sending as many (or any at all) of the nasty withdrawal feelings to the conscious mind. Hooray for knowing the absolute minimum of human brain chemistry!

Yup, as tricomb states they are both NMDA receptor antagonists, DXM being a whole heck of a lot more potent in terms of NMDA antagonism than ket.

I took at high 1st plateau-moderate 2nd plateau dose once a day for about five days and did not suffer ANY actue w/d symptoms except some mild insomnia. This, coming off a three or four month heroin habit, mostly smoking and IM, using 1-3g/day of moderate tar.

And for the record, NMDA antagonists do not reduce tolerance per say, unless you're taken them while not taking any opioids (and then what really is reducing your tolerance is still simply not taking the opioid in the first place)... Rather, NMDA antagonists, if taken with you standard doses of opioids (and you've go to do it every time if you want this to work correctly), prevent tolerance from increasing. Although you will become tolerance to the NMDA antagonist, it doesn't seem like one becomes tolerant to their tolerance preventing effects.

Wow, this is great information. What a little research into brain chemistry can do for the opiate user and withdrawer(??)! So yeah, a decent supply of DXM will now be essential in my arsenal. Cheers guys and/or gals!

I mentioned kratom in the first post, but I was a bit wary as wouldn't you need to ingest a great deal of the stuff for it to have any effect on WDs from a high tolerance of something much stronger?

I know 2 former H users that used kratom. It didn't make them feel "normal" but definitely made life livable. I have read somewhere on BL how to approximate how many grams a "00" capsule can hold. I got nauseous when taking more than needed to control WD's. Any more than 16-17 "00" capsules.