• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

Gabapentin / lyrica if you have access

Finally kicking after a decade + + ......and if I had any idea how mind blowingly Kratom helps , I would have been clean loooong ago .... Anyone stuck in the broke as shit feeling like shit mentally begging yourself for a way out every f'n day over and over again mentality , I more than greatly greatly urge you to give it an honest shot ( if you are truly ready )
No, I didn't turkey it and expect it to save me , but rather had my mind 100 f'n % made up , and weened down while taking it over a cpl. Weeks ........ If I'd only known how easy it could be and how much better I felt ( not just getting by and barely not being sick , but actually feeling more wonderful than I have in years ....)

If you are debating , I really urge you to just friggin jump !!

If I HAD to WD, and my lady was guaranteed not to toss my stash, I would have 21 1mg klonopins, and 50 grams of the finest Borneo Kratom for the first 2 days when I am trying to get used to not sticking the needle in. So 25 grams a day for 2 days, then I would abuse the kpins for the next 4 days, taking 6 then 5 then 4 then 3 then 2 then 1 during the following 6 days. This method is fool-proof :) Lots of herbal tea and weed too!

^^^ that is a lot of kpins, what does it do, just knock you drowsy and make you not remember how sore you are? Gabapentin works for me, lyrica literally does nothing at any dose

I just do coke and drink or smoke weed and drink.

Suppose several bottles of delsym, z drugs, barbs, and benzos help alot.

Coke which I don't recomend makes wds go away.

Also I trip or take dissacociatvies and I don't feel sick.

Dude, all these are a nightmare almost. Someone died from Freud trying to treat their morphine WD with coke.

On day 3 of w/d and it's been cake - I can't believe how easy this has been. Having a complete shift in the psychological part of this made the experience infinitely better. I'm grateful as hell that I found this forum. I used what I could - Ativan, Tylenol, Imodium, Zycam, Baclofen, my problem is that I don't know what to take, when - to avoid drug interactions. I have 2 more days - can anyone offer any suggestions? ?

^^^ that is a lot of kpins, what does it do, just knock you drowsy and make you not remember how sore you are? Gabapentin works for me, lyrica literally does nothing at any dose
Well, just look at BoomshallyWah, he's kicked like a chicken, but he's walking on clouds thanks to Ativan, which you could substitute for Kpins. All I know is the days kind of blur into a euphoric influenza ;)
On day 3 of w/d and it's been cake - I can't believe how easy this has been. Having a complete shift in the psychological part of this made the experience infinitely better. I'm grateful as hell that I found this forum. I used what I could - Ativan, Tylenol, Imodium, Zycam, Baclofen, my problem is that I don't know what to take, when - to avoid drug interactions. I have 2 more days - can anyone offer any suggestions? 
Congrats Boom!

I agree with everybody who has ranked Kratom high on their survival kit list. I like to keep on hand:
1) 2-4 ounces of Kratom (some red strain)
2) 1mg Klonopins (I've been prescribed 3 a day for years for epilepsy but I only take 1 so I've got plenty. Downside is that they barely help because I've been on them for a decade.)
3) Loads of heady marijuana (another thing that I'm prescribed for epilepsy and so I have no short supply)
4) Xyrem (I'm also narcoleptic, this will only help when I plan it right by taking about a week off prior to my first day of withdrawals)
5) Calm Support (I actually coughed up the sixty bucks one time for a bottle and the dude ended up giving me two more for free in exchange for a review on Amazon)
6) DLPA, Amino Acids, B-Vitamins, Anti-oxidants, too many to list (I also work out and have a lot of supplements on hand)
7) Phenibut (Be careful with this one, in fact don't order more than 15 grams if you're anything like me. Very addictive, only good for 2 or 3 days a week or you'll suffer something similar to benzo w/d's)
8) Weight Gainer/Protein powder (easiest way to get in high protein, high calorie meals when you don't feel like cooking anything)
9) lots of Gatorade and seltzer water (I love seltzer water and it's the only way that I can get in enough water, no sugar/sweeteners/artificial flavor/color)
Although I must say that even with all of these items in my arsenal if I am not properly motivated they're useless. I know it didn't need to be said, but I said it anyways.

Benzos/alcohol/gaba a agonists:
I cant take benzos. I am doing a gradual WD. and have reached 15mg valium.
By the time I do my "warm turkey" from 0.5g h/60mg methadone I will be down to 5mg valium Id say.
I might get 10 or 20 1mg xanax or 7.5mg zopiclone but any consistent heavy use will fuck my taper up.

Tianeptine. 3 days of 200-300 mg 3 times a day just enough to stimulate the mu receptors and take the edge off the sudden stop from a moderate dose of a long acting opiate.

Lyrica. When all opioid use ceases (including tianeptine). High dose for the next 4 days follwed by a fast taper over 3 days, as pregabalin will lose its effectiveness rapidly anyway due to rapid tolerance increase and to get that much lyrica is very hard. Great for opioid wds. Really dulls them down. Eliminates mild wds almost completely.
Day 4 450mg
Day 5 600mg
Day 6 700mg
Day 8 800mg
Day 9 600mg
Day 10 400mg
Day 12 200mg

Phenibut. Gaba b agonist and vdcc action. 2-4gs a day no more than three days in a row without taking two days off to avoid addiction/dependence issues as this drug can be very habit forming although I've never experienced it myself thankfully, probably due to having experienced benzo wds and being aware of the horrible nature of a fucked up gaba system!

Loperamide for the shits. Maybe like 10mg a day. Have tried up to 30mg with no tolerance and got no effects so whether or not you can get high on lope I will be just sticking to a normalish dose.
Aquired from doctor or internet. Medicine here is so expensive without prescription and medical card, even if it's otc.

Cannabis. Some hash or some heavy weed. Normally this would make me paranoid but with a good dose of either phenibut or lyrica in me I should be fine to smoke up.

Clonidine. I doubt my own doctor will prescribe this so I will have to source it elsewhere. Never had it but heard it's good for legs and hot and cold flashes. Makes sense as it shuts off noradrenaline release. Tried britlofex in the uk but couldn't tell if it helped much at the doses I was being given.
Might save them for the night time of the first few days with opioids if I can only get a few

To sleep maybe promethazine or diphenhydramine or even mirtazapine or seroquel.

Low dose amphetamine after the first 6 days to a week. Just enough to get a bit more dopamine going around in the brain. Will be my first time trying it. Seems to make sense in theory.

Paracetamol or ibuprofen for aches/pains.

Nutritious food. A good enviroment. Internet, laptop, Netflix or a collection or predownloaded tv series and films, a warm shower or even better a bath. A comfortable bed/sleeping area.

Heavily fucked up for the peak of wds. Watch tv, films, surf internet, listen to audiobooks on youtube. focus on the future and all the good things ahead. Keep positive. A good friends company is always welcome.

After the worst has past force yourself to do things. A walk outside. Try to get back into hobbies. Make up a to do list for the day and stick to it. Be realistic.
If you just get the washing on, change the bedsheets have a shower and the dishes done that's enough until tomorrow. But keep as active as you can. Keep your mind off wds and make a transition back into the real world.

If you really want to stay off opioid you will have to forget about doing them for a long time. (Probably forever). Change your drugs, your "mates", your activities if they are unhealthy. Go back to your true friends or try to make new healthy friendships. Learn to recognise unhealhy people and situations for you.
Take up a new hobby or get back into an old one.
Start to exercise, cardio and weights for men. Pay more attention to what you eat. Learn to treat your body with respect.
Find an outlet for your increased sex drive ( :) )

Relapse is a part of recovery. Don't beat yourself up. As long as you learn something about yourself from the relapse and apply it to your life in a good way you are on the right path.

Don't replace one drug with another. Aim to be as drug free as your mental health allows you to be. Drugs should be rewards for working hard or tools to enhance performance or help you sleel during stressful times. Not to allieviate boredom or to "deal" with issues that you need to deal with yourself and face up to.

Does anyone think my medication/drug regime for wds above is excessive? I don't but would like to hear if anyone thinks different.

Anyone else tried Ambien for the cravings and WD symptoms? My Dr. is testing zolpidem for withdrawals and I am to take half an Ambien three times a day. Tapered down from +160mg daily use of oxycodone to 30mg and quitted wednesday and I haven't had any drug cravings and only mild WD symptoms.

Zolpidem should help but not massively. Its a benzo-esque drug that affects gaba-a so should help with anxiety, also has hypnotic properties so should help with sleep, although you seem to be taking a very low dose but then again I dont know how bad your WDs are.

Zolpidem is weird. Lookup ambiem effect on youtube, i think its a vice documentary, about what it does to people in comas. It is very trippy when administered IV. I believe it has similarities with muscimol.

Alright so assuming there's no suboxone involved or methadone or any taper method for that matter there is a hell of a combination that works for swim if there is access
-Immodium- read the directions and dont over do it. Helps with the runs.
Pot- one hit every hour or so (over doing it and smoking too much can cause anxiety and make you feel worse) but a hit or two can help tremendously with the hot/cold and chills bullshit.
- Any benzo at all- Benzos during opiate withdrawal are a godsend for the insomnia and general restlessness. Usually 2mg of xans or clons will do the trick.
-Last but not least, adderall- if taken at a low dose in combination with the above substances (maybe around 10-15 mgs) cures the tiredness and general malaise of coming off opiates and fills some of the receptors that are depleted of dopamine.

Next time you know you're going to have to detox, swim strongly recommends doing this combo (all at once, doesn't matter in which order you take them but start low). Just try to stock up ASAP even if you're not in w/d yet it's good to have. Even if the withdrawal is off a 300 mg oxy a day habit, it is a walk in the park compared to otc shit.
Just don't make that a habit as well.

About to do this detox from a 3 year oxy and now a 6 month heroin habit and these are the things I have so please, any input would be great. I don't have any more cash so this is what it is.... 21 1mg lorazepam, 21 .1mg clonidine, 10 4 mg of ondansetron, 2 grams of some purple haze weed, bottle of ibuprofen, 20 10mg of hydroxyzine, about 5 valiums, jar of rls cream, 12 2mg of loperamide, 2 cases of water, 3jars of Apple sauce, 3 bunches of bananas, a loaf of bread, 1 pack of cigs and a mindset of fuck these dam drugs!!!

Just wondering, has anyone had success tapering off of stronger opioids using hydrocodone? I had a 6 month long habit (various opioids). I ended up being rxed some hydro by an ER Dr but my GP wouldn't renew the script so I ended up deciding to just CT because I was so done. Even CTing, my wds were so much more manageable than before! I was on hydro during what would've been the worst phase of WD (I was wding from PST among other things so the wds were still about a month total) and while CT hydrocodone WD still isn't fun, it was very manageable, I felt like shit but could still go out and do stuff. I imagine a taper would be even easier. I know hydrocodone isn't the easiest to access, but if you can get your hands on some, it worked very well for me. I've tried lope, kratom, ondansetron, dxm, benzos etc in the past (didn't try lyrica or clonidine though) to get off opiates and would choose hydrocodone over any of them.

I am preparing to go cold turkey in the next day or so. I have been tapering for the last week or so from 1.5-2 grams a day to .4 grams of uk no. 3 H a day. I have 300 150ml Lyrica which I understand can really help wd's, 60 10ml Diazepam (various types/manufacturers, 10 7.5 mg zopiclone, 10 30mg temazepam green jelly eggs, a few grams of skunk and some mirtazepine and amitriptyline. Oh and a few bottles of dxm medicine plus loperamide and pepto bismol. Wish me luck, ive done it before with dxm and schnapps and it was pretty hardcore and took a week so if I can't do it with this arsenal I never will. Also I would like to mention that I think when people put other opiates in the arsenal U are just defeating the object of going cold turkey (unless your tapering). Had my last iv of .4 at 5 o clock today and have timed it so the wd's start tomorrow night around bed time, my theory being if my body and mind are due a sleep then after I take my first loading dose of "Goodies" I might be able to sleep through the first 6-12 hours depending on the severity of the wd's and how many goodies I take. I'm thinking for my first dosing 2000mg of Lyrica (this may sound high to some people but I take it now and again so I have a mild tolerance), maybes 3-4 10ml Valium, 1 30ml temazepam jelly egg, 1 7.5ml zopiclone, maybes a mirtazepine or amitriptyline, a prescribed dose or two of nightnurse (dxm) and some loperamide. Is this too much? I really hate wd's (who doesn't?) but I really can't handle them very well, from what I've read on here Lyrica is going to be my saving grace, fingers crossed

Last edited:
I use xanax 1 mg tablets, small doses of bupe if it's available, marijuana for the nausea mostly, loperamide if needed for the runs. Advil 800 mg for muscle aches with Carisoprodol (Soma) if it's available. Clonodine .1 mg can help with blood pressure and kratom was a godsend but unfortunately it was taken from us. Zofran works great for nausea.

I use xanax 1 mg tablets, small doses of bupe if it's available, marijuana for the nausea mostly, loperamide if needed for the runs. Advil 800 mg for muscle aches with Carisoprodol (Soma) if it's available. Clonodine .1 mg can help with blood pressure and kratom was a godsend but unfortunately it was taken from us. Zofran works great for nausea.

This are all good/helpful.

The potential ban on kratom has been delayed a bit ;) They haven't taken it away from us just yet.

GHB
Amphetamine
Lyrica
Gabapentin
Benzos
Especially GHB and lyrica are very good at taking any WD syptoms away (combined with anti-diarrhea and stomach aching medicine).

Going could turkey is not good way, I tell you it will most likely fail.

in a month or so i should (hopefully) be jumping off my subs
my key worker said that when the time comes i can get the 'non-opiate detox Rx)
consisting of buscopan for cramps, anti-diarreah tablets that aren't immodium, and some zopiclone obv for sleep
hope its enough!

^ Sorry if I missed it, but what is your daily dose? and what's your usage history?

^ Sorry if I missed it, but what is your daily dose? and what's your usage history?

no worries man, my daily dose of subs is currently 2mg but i've been on h for about a week and a half currently.
my usage history was .4 of h at my most, always smoked - apart from pinning it once and plugging it several times.
i also have a history of insomnia, akathisia and anxiety - so i'm dreading those three (in order) the most.
cheers pal.