• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

Suboxone is the first thing in my kit.. if that's not available, clonidine and a small amount of benzo. But other than another opiate, or sub, nothing will rid your wds 100%, the other stuff will only take the edge off.

For me personally its buprenorphine (subs), xanax, gabapentin, weed and clonidine. They all do something important (subs kill all w/d, xanax lets me sleep, gabapentin usually helps stretch the time from last full agonist dose to first sub by 2x, weed keeps me comfy and on "familiar ground", and clonidine helps with a number of peripheral symptoms like hot/cold).

Edit: Bupe is the most important of all the above. Remove the rest and your w/d will still be very tolerable. Remove the bupe and you'll be in a world of hurt. Just remember to taper down as quickly as comfortably possible.

Last edited:
I just do coke and drink or smoke weed and drink.

Suppose several bottles of delsym, z drugs, barbs, and benzos help alot.

Coke which I don't recomend makes wds go away.

Also I trip or take dissacociatvies and I don't feel sick.

Do ppl really do Coke for opiate w/d's? To me I feel it would only exacerbate the shittiness of my symptoms ...then again I've never tried so maybe I'm wrong...just find it odd Coke will eliminate w/d even if you are w/ding from opiates & not Coke lol...& then there's the question of...if you're gonna do Coke to mitigate ope w/d why even w/d in the 1st place n do Coke ? Ope is cheaper than Coke where I'm from... Idk that's what I'd think anyway

I am starting a dtox off H using -Buprenorphine I have some 'Suboxone' (containing the blocker Nalaxone/Naltraxone) and some original 'Subutex' (no Nalaxone/Naltrexone) just Bupe. From what I've read above bout Loperamide, it could be good for the initial 16hrs or so,............................................... .................................................. ................... After the last 'fix' of H wait bout 7/8hrs for me, then when start to feel WD, take Lope every 4 hours, (not exceeding 40mls in 24hr period) or as needed until it is safe to take the first Sub (8ml) 16hrs minimum from last 'fix'. Then sub every 24hrs and benzos, and Mirtazapine is excellent for sleep.
Should the Lope/ Suboxone/ be okay together.?​

Do ppl really do Coke for opiate w/d's? To me I feel it would only exacerbate the shittiness of my symptoms ...then again I've never tried so maybe I'm wrong...just find it odd Coke will eliminate w/d even if you are w/ding from opiates & not Coke lol...& then there's the question of...if you're gonna do Coke to mitigate ope w/d why even w/d in the 1st place n do Coke ? Ope is cheaper than Coke where I'm from... Idk that's what I'd think anyway

Doing coke for opiate wds is a bad idea. You will still get hella sick for weeks and well coke is worse for you at least the roa I used.

It kinda happenned by accident and well like I didn't want this chick to know I was a total junkie so like I just kept doing coke with her. Then I started hanging out with alot of ppl who did coke. Honestly I never really pay for coke.

It is pretty cheap here. I know the ppl in the know and like if I got 20 bucks I get like 4 times what I paid for or they just throw me something and tell me to keep the money but one hand washed the other so to speak.

It is all stupid shit. Honestly going for a clean rinse it the best way to go.

There are tons of threads on comfort meds and fuck yeah they help. Doing coke in general is pretty dumb. I would only do it if I was about to fuck or fucking so I will still do coke sometimes but yeah its something I can take or leave which most ppl can't so I cannot condone it.

I will also say I have literally been at deaths door due to cocaine and well fuck if that shit got the best of me, don't think you are an exception so no doing coke for wds is not a viable option and well honestly getting out of your mind while coming off something like smack is fucking stupid but it will make you act ghetto as fuck.

Historically for me it has been:

methamphetamine - IV meth can blast you through opiate WD with ease. Dopamine is involved in pain management/easing pain, and meth floods your brain with it, helping assuage the discomfort and lethargy of withdrawal. IV was just my ROA for stims, you could probably obtain very good results from small amounts consumed orally as well. If you're a polydrug user (like myself) & are predisposed to stimulant abuse, though, this may not be such a great idea...plus a lot of people hate stimulant comedowns, esp. "downer people"

kratom - mileage may vary with kratom. I personally like it a lot, and I've introduced other people to it who've had success with it.

benzodiazepines - common medicine used by addicts in withdrawal. Xanax seems to be the most popular but my personal favorite is Klonopin. A good sedative-hypnotic makes you feel a little better and helps with insomnia (probably one of the biggest and most annoying symptoms for me)

cannabis - I just love smoking weed lol. It does seem to ease my physical discomfort, though.

cough syrup (I usually get Nyquil Cough) - DXM + doxylamine to help with insomnia

I just did I big taper in s month from 100mg Oxy a day to just 10. I'm 27 hours clean and it's not too bad! Took a .25 of suboxen to make sure I don't get shitty at work. BUT through my taper I got really bad RLS and agitation.
To help this I had...
--melatonin 5 mg and took 2 at night.
---valerian root, also 2 at night.
---Benadryl, 3 pills before bed with the other 2 meds.
--- and Immodium was a god send!!! I've taken about 30 mg on my days where I felt worse, and only like 8 mg on my ok days.
--- lots of pillows and hot baths. Sounds stupid but the only way I could get comfortable was a super hot bath, then arranging myself with like 6 pillows. One between legs, 2 propped up for elevation, one under my chin on my chest and 2 on either side of me like body pillows. Lol

OTC withdrawal aid (tried and true)

I have detoxed numerous times, if you have no access to scheduled medication here are a few things that definitely kill your detox.

1) Kratom. Go to a head shop/smoke shop and ask for Kratom. Maeng Da being my personal favorite. It comes in 500 mg Capsules and is a legal o.t.c. opiate. It crosses the blood brain barrier and acts like any other opiate does, without significant respiratory depression like most opiates. For withdrawal, 5 grams (ten capsules) is a good starting point. Increase the dose if it doesn't work. Wave bye bye to most of your detox from opiates.

2) Loperamide. A.k.a. anti-diarrhea medication 2 mg tablets. You can buy in the pharmacy section (with aspirin, sleeping pills, etc. Isles). Get the 72 ct. Bottle and depending on your tolerance, increase from 80mg (40 tablets) on up. I can safely take 200mg with no adverse effects. If you drink alcohol, be careful of lope. I would suggest avoiding it all together if you drink. It causes respiratory depression and alcohol increases this, so stay away if you drink.

3) A cool room and bedsheets. You need silence and a cool environment as you will be sweating and getting hot/cold flashes. When you can't stay lying down:

4) a hot shower. It actually helps detox, I have no idea why. Stay under a hot shower as long as you can and as often as you need to fight the physical torture that is opiate detox.

5) diphenhydramine hci (pink benadryl) may help you sleep. Take no more than 50 mg. It gives me restless leg syndrome on top of what withdrawals already do.

My advice to you is to get Kratom and get it immediately. It will kick your withdrawals ass over the moon and you'll feel 75% better than before. If you can't afford it buy generic Loperamide from a drug store (anti-diarrhea meds 2mg).

Try it. It works.

Suboxone is the first thing in my kit.. if that's not available, clonidine and a small amount of benzo. But other than another opiate, or sub, nothing will rid your wds 100%, the other stuff will only take the edge off.

1. Kratom2. Short term benzos3. Hot showers4. Loperamide5. Clonidine6. Netflix7. Short term dissociativesIf I could get suboxone - I totally would for a taper.Those all combined make it much easier.

New here. I've been taking pills off and on for 13 years. But this last year I've taken it up a couple notches. Taking 20 -30 mg at a time of hydrocodone and recently mixing it with tramadol. I have decided to quit. After 3 days I've gone back. It was miserable. First day i went to work pill free. Came home and immediately took one tram and a few spoonfuls of kratom. Next day went to work left early cause of how I've felt came home took half a tram and some kratom. Third day almost didn't make it to work, but did, again came home early. This was suppose to be my day without any thing. I ended up taking a tram and a hydrocodone. I have kids and dint have time to be down. I called my dr they offered ativan. I don't want ativan i want to not feel sick. So basically idk what to do. I've quit pills before with no issues. I suppose its different now because the amount i have been taking. If i go to a 3 to 5 day detox and leave kids with a friend, do you think ill make it? Also, i can't figure out how to make my own post here.lol

Last edited:
I think inpatient will help a lot. You will be over most of your withdrawals by the time you get out and feel much better.

This being a "Harm reduction forum", I cannot figure out why some suggest to an ADDICT to use methadone and lots of benzos. Yes kratom has WD's but they are so mild that they shouldn't even be called withdrawals.

For those that really want to quit opiods/opiates, PLEASE try kratom first. Cheap, legal and you want have to ask us how to kick benzos in 2 months.

If you are needing something to kick opiods, YOU ARE AN ADDICT! Don't substitute one thing for something even harder to kick.

I have no problem with any adult that wants to get high. If I didn't get tested, I would be a heavy user too. But... if someone wants to clean up, I wish them the best of luck and will give advice based on personal experiences.

So fucking true. I used xanax for a month trying to kick a 3 year kratom habit, now I got really really bad side affects from benzos. Feel like my brain and body broke. Don't do it.

Kratom is a crock of shit!!! Stay away from that crap!!!

Last edited:
You are taking really nothing to worry about. Nothing to brag about. I go through 90 8mg dilauded in two days and really do not have any withdrawals that are going to effect my daily life. Besides the fact o having no energy. Everybody is different. I am one of them fortunate ones in that area of withdrawals. But then again I am a f-ing freak when it comes to being an addict. We are all doomed, so just f-it and keep your head up. The only problem here is the government is wrecking our high!!!

My first post, sorry in advance if I'm doing something wrong but... I have 6 days until my next refill of Oxycodone - been through w/d 3x before and it terrifies me. Best thing I've heard is a positive attitude - along with that I have plenty of benzos and baclofen. Allergic to ibuprofen and can't do weed. No access to anything else - someone build me an arsenal? Thanks.

1. Right now its pregabalin cos i'm new to it. it might not be so effective a year down the line but for now 300-600mg a day is amazing during w/d
2. really long walks: it deals with the restlessness
3. valium

yeah and never alcohol- load of shit at the best of times