• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Potentiating Klonopin

Yes, sublingual benzodiazepines have a quicker onset of effects, higher peak, but a shorter duration of effects. However, taking benzodiazepines meant for oral consumption sublingually will not produce the same effect. Most of it will just end up being swallowed, even if you think it has been fully absorbed sublingually. There are reasons why drug companies make sublingual tablets and oral tablets. There's a big difference between them.

so i'd just be better off swallowing or parachuting them?

Yes. Parachuting them gets them working quicker.

I know when I parachute the contents of Restoril capsules, I get a benzo rush 10 minutes after I take them (sometimes I feel it even earlier). Normally, the taking the capsules don't kick in until about 30 minutes in.

but will i still get an effect off sublingualing these at all? i dissolved them completely under my tongue, plus parachuted 4 of them, so i'm up to 18 mg.....10mg were SL'd

will i get a benzo effect from subbing those? i know some klonopin are specifically made for sublingual but those that are not should still absorb and be effective still right?

heres the pill image

http://www.drugs.com/imprints.php?ac...imprint=m+c+15

Last edited:
Yes, sublingual benzodiazepines have a quicker onset of effects, higher peak, but a shorter duration of effects. However, taking benzodiazepines meant for oral consumption sublingually will not produce the same effect. Most of it will just end up being swallowed, even if you think it has been fully absorbed sublingually. There are reasons why drug companies make sublingual tablets and oral tablets. There's a big difference between them.

what do you mean by produce a diff effect

18mg is a lot man. Be careful. I always SL, Snort, or Parachute but usually SL, especially with Kpins because of the minty taste

You'll get an effect, but it would be more akin to an oral dose than a sublingual dose. It won't have the peak of a true sublingual dose.

18mg is a lot man. Be careful. I always SL, Snort, or Parachute but usually SL, especially with Kpins because of the minty taste

Snorting doesn't work. You actually lose a lot of drug trying to snort benzos.

swallowing klonopin

I tend to take my klonopins sublingually and have been doing so for years, but I think they are causing me serious dental problems along with the sublingual daily suboxone. I am frequently constipated because of the various drugs Im on so do you think the pills will still work if I swallow them? Its funny, out of over a decade of taking benzo's Ive never really swallowed them whole. Even my temazepam. I would always parachute it. But the rest sublingual. Would just come naturally. I love the taste of xanax and klonopin. I get worried that if there is food in my stomach and or intestines that I will waste the pills .

Hi, first post, but I am prescribed 2mg klonopin twice a day. I also (until recently, thank god) dissolve 24 mg daily of suboxone. I honestly believe from experience that if you swallow the kpins and are constipated or backed up all the time, they don't get absorbed well. I notice way better results when swallowed (same 2mg dose) now that I'm not opiate-constipated all the time.

I have the k cut klonopin name brand and it does the same thing the only way to get around tolerance is to stop all together but that's hard for ppl like me who several anxiety disorders. I think even if I did lay off them for a year I have cause permanent benzo tolerance after six years of straight usage.

I've said this before, but if you can get some Gabapentin, take that first over a few hours. Like 900 mg at a time (or 600 mg if that's all you have) every 45 minutes. After taking the dose at least 3 times every 45 minutes, take your Klonopin and you will be amazed at how strong it is.

And that works with every benzo, not just Klonopin.

I've said this before, but if you can get some Gabapentin, take that first over a few hours. Like 900 mg at a time (or 600 mg if that's all you have) every 45 minutes. After taking the dose at least 3 times every 45 minutes, take your Klonopin and you will be amazed at how strong it is.

And that works with every benzo, not just Klonopin.

I was recently prescribed Lyrica along with gabapentin, klonopin, temazepam and adderall. I also just started methadone yesterday.
I must say i am simply amazed. I never had anything that potentiates benzos to such a high degree. Klonopin has been my benzo of choice for over a decade and I have had it rxd for just as long. Even with a tolerance I could still take .5mg sublingually and feel nice. If I take pretty much any amount of Lyrica two hours before taking my kpin sublingually, it starts to give me a crazy rushing euphoric high.

Since I'm taking about Lyrica already, I'll tell you what else is amazing about it.
-It squashes an adderall comedown almost immediately. I was up for days once on adderall (amphetamine), and i began to have the worst comedown of my life. I was low on klonopin so out of desperation I took about 4 300mg capsules and within an hour the comedown subsided almost immediately. I took a couple clonazepam after a and not only was my comedown /crash completely gone but I felt like I was in a complete state of nirvana with rushing euphoria. This is how I knew that Lyrica was going to be good potentiater for almost anything.
Another point is that it is really freaking good at sucking the anxiety right out of yours r body possibly better than my favorite gaba ergic drug klonopin. So not only does it potentiate but provides perfect synergy.

One more note.. I am extremely tolerant to opiates and benzos but I started methadone again yesterday and they only started me on 20mg! I expected to feel nothing and be in withdrawal the whole day but I took my morning Lyrica before dosing and if they didn't tell me if was 20 I would have probably guessed they gave me near sixty mg! *then I took my klonopin and WAmMy!!! I was nodding all day long in complete euphoria, comparable to a shot of dilaudid sp that lasted all day.
So I have a feeling that once it goes generic it will be all over the underground drug market. I have tried everything for potentiating kpin and the only thing that actually worked really well was Lyrica (pregabalin). They say rohyonol is the best high of benzos but I would argue that klonopin Lyrica combo trumps flunitrazepam five times over.

Those dissolve much nicer than other clonazepam pills that aren't wafers... sandoz pills are a bitch to dissolve under the tongue.

This is completely subjective but the brand you showed may be the worst of all the brand's. I've noticed that when I had to get them at Walgreens because I had to pay cash. After doing some research on the internet, I saw that the were many saying the same thing and that they were being thrown into withdrawal because they were used to taking a steady dose of teva (for illustrative purposes) and because their blood levels dropped, they started to withdrawal.
MYLAN did the same thing to me becsuse I'm used to teva or qualitest. So I read deeper and found out that there is a + - tolerance for a certain amount going either over or under the labeled dose of the medication. Mylan has elected to use the lowest end of the limit to make their generics. So if you are on Mylan, you may want to potentiate your benzo with a stronger manufacturer.
Now I know I'm going to catch a lot of bs from people claiming that every generic manufacturer is equal... Don't waste your time because u are wrong. Do what I did and talk to Drs. , call the different pill manufacturers and talk to someone about it. Goofle always works as a nice research tool..

I was recently prescribed Lyrica along with gabapentin, klonopin, temazepam and adderall. I also just started methadone yesterday.
I must say i am simply amazed. I never had anything that potentiates benzos to such a high degree. Klonopin has been my benzo of choice for over a decade and I have had it rxd for just as long. Even with a tolerance I could still take .5mg sublingually and feel nice. If I take pretty much any amount of Lyrica two hours before taking my kpin sublingually, it starts to give me a crazy rushing euphoric high.

Since I'm taking about Lyrica already, I'll tell you what else is amazing about it.
-It squashes an adderall comedown almost immediately. I was up for days once on adderall (amphetamine), and i began to have the worst comedown of my life. I was low on klonopin so out of desperation I took about 4 300mg capsules and within an hour the comedown subsided almost immediately. I took a couple clonazepam after a and not only was my comedown /crash completely gone but I felt like I was in a complete state of nirvana with rushing euphoria. This is how I knew that Lyrica was going to be good potentiater for almost anything.
Another point is that it is really freaking good at sucking the anxiety right out of yours r body possibly better than my favorite gaba ergic drug klonopin. So not only does it potentiate but provides perfect synergy.

One more note.. I am extremely tolerant to opiates and benzos but I started methadone again yesterday and they only started me on 20mg! I expected to feel nothing and be in withdrawal the whole day but I took my morning Lyrica before dosing and if they didn't tell me if was 20 I would have probably guessed they gave me near sixty mg! *then I took my klonopin and WAmMy!!! I was nodding all day long in complete euphoria, comparable to a shot of dilaudid sp that lasted all day.
So I have a feeling that once it goes generic it will be all over the underground drug market. I have tried everything for potentiating kpin and the only thing that actually worked really well was Lyrica (pregabalin). They say rohyonol is the best high of benzos but I would argue that klonopin Lyrica combo trumps flunitrazepam five times over.

Yep, Gabapentin and Lyrica work the same. I heard Lyrica is stronger, but I could only get Gabapentin. So I can only imagine how much Lyrica potentiated everything. These are the only drugs worth mentioning for potentiation in this thread IMO. And alcohol of course.

Also, I've found valerian root to work nicely when I take gabapentin, my klonopin and xanax. Obviously, cannabis that is in particular an indica dominant is a probably one of the most synergistic combos. Unfortunately, I just recently moved and I don't have access to cannabis. Also cigarette smokers beware. It's not the nicotine but one of the chemicals in the smoke that reduces the effects and duration of many benzodiazepines. Nicotine is fine by itself so make sure to smoke cigs sparingly if you must smoke. I use a technique where as soon as I inhale I blow out the smoke very quickly. It might just be a mental thing. Hope this helps provide information to all of you out there to help get the most bang for your buck.