Bluelight

Thread: L-Theanine, L-Tyrosine, Xanax and Codeine combo..

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. Collapse Details
    L-Theanine, L-Tyrosine, Xanax and Codeine combo.. 
    #1
    Bluelighter synthetix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    votage dependant calcium ion channels
    Posts
    3,440
    hey all,

    planning on taking say 500mg l-tyrosine, 150mg l-theanine, about 500mg codeine and 2mg xanax.

    i have a tolerance to opiates (80+mg oxy), and to benzos, (not sure, but pretty high, sometimes say 2-5mg xanax a day or 4mg of Flunitrazepam). i am experienced in taking both of these drugs together, but was wondering if the l-tyrosine and theanine would make this combo more dangerous? or could it promote it?

    i know the whole benzo/opiate thing is dangerous - i am fully aware. i was wondering if the ammino acids could possibly interact further?
    Last edited by synthetix; 27-03-2012 at 21:56.
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    NeighborhoodThreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    21,644
    In my opinion, probably not.

    You may notice a synergistic anti-anxiety effect from the Xanax and l-theanine, however.

    BDD Guidelines! - BLUA - BL Search! - Conversions for Opiates & Benzos - Save Your Liver Do a CWE
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Bluelighter synthetix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    votage dependant calcium ion channels
    Posts
    3,440
    could it cause too much depression through the increase of dopa from the tyrosine, or possibly the theanine? or are the ammino acids harmless?

    thanks for the fast response by the way.
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    NeighborhoodThreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    21,644
    I've never experienced any sort of depressant effect from either of those amino acids (and I take l-tyrosine on a regular basis to help recover from amphetamine usage).

    YMMV, however.

    BDD Guidelines! - BLUA - BL Search! - Conversions for Opiates & Benzos - Save Your Liver Do a CWE
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    I think L-Theanie + L-tyrosine + Xanax (or another benzo) is a good combo. B/c the L-Theanine has a good synergyistic action with the xanax, and the L-Tyrosine is a building block for dopamine which will aid it you feeling better... Another good amnio acid to take with benzos is L-Glutamine as it is a building block for GABA...
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    L-Tyrosine has been proven to have no effect unless you're deficient in dopamine, if I recall correctly. (Ie. amphetamine WD)
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Bluelighter ErgicMergic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,185
    L-Theanine is structurally very similar to Gabapentin and Pregabalin, so I would assume it works the same way by increasing levels of synaptic GABA, not allosterically modulating GABA-A like benzos do. L-Theanine is one of the most underrated psychoactive supplements, along with Magnesium. I'm surprised more people don't use it for anxiety and stress reduction instead of resorting to Kava Kava or Valerian Root, which are not as clear headed and nootropic as L-Theanine.

    L-Theanine < Neurontin < Pregablin as far as benzo potentiation, which they all do very significantly, in my experience.
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ErgicMergic View Post
    L-Theanine is structurally very similar to Gabapentin and Pregabalin, so I would assume it works the same way by increasing levels of synaptic GABA, not allosterically modulating GABA-A like benzos do. L-Theanine is one of the most underrated psychoactive supplements, along with Magnesium. I'm surprised more people don't use it for anxiety and stress reduction instead of resorting to Kava Kava or Valerian Root, which are not as clear headed and nootropic as L-Theanine.

    L-Theanine < Neurontin < Pregablin as far as benzo potentiation, which they all do very significantly, in my experience.
    Wait, magnesium is psychoactive? I know it relieves constipation and gets rid of jaw clenching from stims, but what does it do by itself?
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Bluelighter ErgicMergic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,185
    Quote Originally Posted by JackiesBabyy View Post
    Wait, magnesium is psychoactive? I know it relieves constipation and gets rid of jaw clenching from stims, but what does it do by itself?
    It is an voltage independent NMDA antagonist, which means it doesn't affect the NMDAR to the point of getting you dissociated or to the point of impairing cognitive function. It also "feels" psychoactive through relieving Mg deficiency, so a proper (chelated) Mg supplement will relax you, improve physical anxiety, reduce panic attacks, give you more confidence through raising testosterone, work as an antidepressant, give you a more restful sleep (improving mood, anxiety, and pain), etc.
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ErgicMergic View Post
    It is an voltage independent NMDA antagonist, which means it doesn't affect the NMDAR to the point of getting you dissociated or to the point of impairing cognitive function. It also "feels" psychoactive through relieving Mg deficiency, so a proper (chelated) Mg supplement will relax you, improve physical anxiety, reduce panic attacks, give you more confidence through raising testosterone, work as an antidepressant, give you a more restful sleep (improving mood, anxiety, and pain), etc.
    I've heard about some people using it for anxiety, but I've also heard if you're not deficient in magnesium, excess is just crapped out like vitamin B.
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Bluelighter ErgicMergic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,185
    ^ Most people in the late 20th/early 21st century are Magnesium deficient, so who cares about possible excess? It's a miracle mineral, there's no reason not to supplement with it unless you are extremely poor (in which case you will save money, anyways, by taking more Mg and less self medicating drugs) or allergic to Mg.
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    Bluelighter ErgicMergic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,185
    Careful with the WGFJuice, as it increases peak plasma levels of Xanax by something like 86% (iirc) and extends duration significantly.
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ErgicMergic View Post
    Careful with the WGFJuice, as it increases peak plasma levels of Xanax by something like 86% (iirc) and extends duration significantly.
    You say that like it's a bad thing. :P
    I can handle 4mg with no tolerance, I'm sure he'll be fine with 1.5/WGFJ
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Bluelighter ErgicMergic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,185
    Not him, but reckless people who "can handle 4mg with no tolerance" and take their 4mg with WGFJ. There are far more lurkers on this board than there are registered users, and there are a lot of impressionable youths who read these posts. As an HR forum, we can't assume things like "I'm sure he'll be fine," because we don't know how much the 13 year old reading this thread will take with their WGFJ.

    Blacking out, falling and hitting your head, doing regrettable things, getting in trouble while benzoed out, etc are all bad things. Benzos are tools used for anxiety, panic, and comedowns, they're not to be fucked with.
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JackiesBabyy View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing. :P
    I can handle 4mg with no tolerance, I'm sure he'll be fine with 1.5/WGFJ
    I know ppl who abuse substances daily; who absolutely cannot handle 4mg....
    or white grapefruit juice..

    token
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ErgicMergic View Post
    Not him, but reckless people who "can handle 4mg with no tolerance" and take their 4mg with WGFJ. There are far more lurkers on this board than there are registered users, and there are a lot of impressionable youths who read these posts. As an HR forum, we can't assume things like "I'm sure he'll be fine," because we don't know how much the 13 year old reading this thread will take with their WGFJ.

    Blacking out, falling and hitting your head, doing regrettable things, getting in trouble while benzoed out, etc are all bad things. Benzos are tools used for anxiety, panic, and comedowns, they're not to be fucked with.
    Wow. Really? I must have a super high natural tolerance to xanax. I take it maybe once every 4-6 months when I'm really anxious. 1mg makes me slightly tired, 2mg made me a bit more tired, and recently 4mg (on an empty stomach, and i'm 150 lbs) just made me EXTREMELY tired, but I remember everything. All I did was lay on the couch and watch TV until I fell asleep a half hour later.
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #17
    we're all so damn different,
    for every rule there's an exception.
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #18
    Yeah I agree, Benzo's are nothing to mess with... So many people have done some of the dumbest stuff in their lives while under the influence of benzos (especially Xanax in particular).
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
    #19
    Hi. What's your point? You're bumping an old thread to say this? And why Xanax more than another benzodiazepine?

    Please read the BDD Guidelines in my signature. Closed.
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •