• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Propofol?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shpongle1987

Bluelighter
So I know you cant go score some of this "milk" on the street, unless you know a anesthesiologist. So im wondering if anyone has been put under using propofol and if so what was it like? I know it's incredibly hard to remember seeing your knocked out but what about the after effects? Or maybe even the dream khole effects you mite have had while under the influence of it? I mean micheal jackson used it every night to go to sleep....im SURE he chose that anesthetic for a reason. Reason probably being its incredibly trippy IMO.

You pass out in like 3 seconds after it hits your viens...if you try to fight it, you'll have a pretty intense blip of a euphoria for like 2 seconds...lol

don't try to go score some propofol...it's not really a drug to abuse...

edit: I was put under with it for an endoscopy...

It was his doctor that chose it for him (I still don't know why...)

Michael Jackson wanted the propofol. As far as I know, he demanded it. I don't understand why the doctor couldn't use a conventional sleeping agent/hypnotic. I'm sure a good dose of triazolam (1 mg), temazepam (60 mg), or perhaps something stronger like Seconal or Nembutal would've been enough to put Michael Jackson to sleep. He was a regular user of lorazepam (Ativan) and meperidine/pethidine (Demerol).

But Michael WANTED propofol.

^I stand corrected :)

Why his doctor actually gave him that is my next question then... ;)

I guess it was a "to shut him up" kind of thing. Poor judgement on the part of the doctor. Michael was an addict and he wanted whatever that was "out there" - just like us - we want always want to try the rarest or most potent drugs. The only difference is we have limits, Michael didn't.

Sure he did - he's dead, no?

(I understand what you're getting at...)

Just because MJ wanted the drug doesn't really mean it's recreational. For all we know, he was having a shitty day and just wanted to sleep without lying in bed, listening to his thoughts.

Never had experience with it though, can't really comment on it being any good.

like I said...it's 2 seconds of a feeling and then it's lights out...and that stuff has a VERY steep dose-response curve...anesthesiologists administering it to themselves have OD'ed and died...and if they were pushing down on the plunger...that means that they passed out in the middle of doing the job and still got enough in them to kill themselves...

It's not really fun at all. You're out in 2 seconds. And once in recovery you feel groggy n kind of out of it for just a little while. Once you're awake enough to "enjoy" it, it's gone.
I've had it for 3 surgeries. Altho once I woke up in the middle of surgery! At first I was confused, then I screamed in pain and was immediately put back out.

I see absolutely no reason why anyone would want to abuse propofol. Lol talk about a waste of a drug if you don't get to enjoy anymore than a couple of seconds of it. I've had 40+ surgeries, and this was used nearly every time - I can't say I've ever thought to myself: 'Damn I wish I had some of that stuff stored away for a special day'.

There is a post on bluelight where someone steals propofol from the hospital and they try iving it. The first few times they are like man this is mad sweet then the next day hes like yeah I ended up in the ER for an overdose.

Don;t fuck with propofol yo it's way dangerous.

I remember i was supposed to have non-narcotic anestesia. Sometimes they use morphine, but they were only gonna use nitrous oxide and propafol and DAMN I was feeling so fucked up it was amazing. It was way more than just the nitrous h oly crap.

im sure with MJs tolerance/constant use the propofol eventually became a recreational drug for him.

Propofol is not a controlled substance, but apparently it is abused by medical professionals such as doctors and dentists. I can't figure out how something that immediately knocks you out into oblivion can be euphoric, but then again you just never know. Maybe the rush from shooting it is incredibly euphoric and then you pass out. Who knows?

It's because he didn't have limits that he's dead. That was his limit - death.

That's err, what I said.. I understand that text is awful at conveying tone. I ought to have used a smiley or some such...

Also - if medical professionals are the ones abusing it; could they not titrate their dose as to NOT pass out? As in, if .1ml is the "see ya later" dose, it's not hard at all to get a pipette that measures to a very tiny level to add .001ml to the bloodstream and increase by additional thousandth's until they achieve what they wish? Perhaps below common doses is where it shines; and the "pros" certainly have access to some equipment. Just my morning mental gander.. :)

That's err, what I said.. I understand that text is awful at conveying tone. I ought to have used a smiley or some such...

Also - if medical professionals are the ones abusing it; could they not titrate their dose as to NOT pass out? As in, if .1ml is the "see ya later" dose, it's not hard at all to get a pipette that measures to a very tiny level to add .001ml to the bloodstream and increase by additional thousandth's until they achieve what they wish? Perhaps below common doses is where it shines; and the "pros" certainly have access to some equipment. Just my morning mental gander.. :)

Perhaps propofol has a very low therapeutic index like barbiturates, wherein there's a very thin line between the recreational dose and the OD dose, or maybe many do titrate and use it successfully - who really knows?. We don't really hear much about physicians or dentists (the only professionals that are able to prescribe it) dying of propofol. Those that die abusing it either committed suicide or they accidentally OD. We hear of doctors OD'ing off of morphine and hydromorphone - drugs they could easily titrate dosages for. Accidents happen.

Propofol is not a controlled substance, but apparently it is abused by medical professionals such as doctors and dentists. I can't figure out how something that immediately knocks you out into oblivion can be euphoric, but then again you just never know. Maybe the rush from shooting it is incredibly euphoric and then you pass out. Who knows?
Come on guys! ;) Read the Wiki already.

It has been reported that the euphoria caused by propofol is unlike that caused by other sedation agents, "I even remember my first experience using propofol: a young woman who was emerging from a MAC anesthesia[7] looked at me as though I were a masked Brad Pitt and told me that she felt simply wonderful." —C.F. Ward, M.D.[8]

Propofol has reportedly induced priapism in some individuals(this would fucking suck!)

Come on guys! ;) Read the Wiki already.

It has been reported that the euphoria caused by propofol is unlike that caused by other sedation agents, "I even remember my first experience using propofol: a young woman who was emerging from a MAC anesthesia[7] looked at me as though I were a masked Brad Pitt and told me that she felt simply wonderful." —C.F. Ward, M.D.[8]

Propofol has reportedly induced priapism in some individuals(this would fucking suck!)

It can't be a more intense euphoria that you'd get from morphine/heroin (and other strong opioids), methamphetamine (and other amphetamines), MDMA, high grade cocaine, or other anesthetics like ketamine. In fact, I don't even see it being in the same league as barbiturates or even benzodiazepines. Apparently, propofol works in a similar way that benzos and barbs work - through potentiation of GABA(A) receptor activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.