• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Propofol?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people having propofol administered in a clinical environment will have no experience of all the various recreational drugs out there, so their perspective on "euphoria" may well be significantly different to ours. I not sure how reliable reports like that are..

Even if it was hugely euphoric, the steep dose:response curve do not make it a practical or sensible drug to take recreationally. It would be very dangerous.

so my friend has a 20mL amp of Milk, How much would teater you on the edge of sleep and consciousness, I realize there are factors that weigh in as Size Weight, Tolerance to similar drugs, just looking for a round about figure.

Hi, welcome to Bluelight, please look to my signature and read the BDD Posting Guidelines before continuing.

We don't allow "how can I get high?" questions, and please read the thread you've posted in: it fairly well describes why:

Even if it was hugely euphoric, the steep dose:response curve do not make it a practical or sensible drug to take recreationally. It would be very dangerous.

As such, I would urge extreme caution if you're going to do it anyway, and start with the lowest dose you possibly can, and work in a similarly tiny increment (titrate) up if you need / wish.

I would personally suggest looking elsewhere for a high...

I've been knocked out with propafol about a dozen times. First they give me fentanyl then the propafol. Most of the time I manage to convince the anesthetist to just put a tiny amount of it in as a starting dose for fun, but even that seems to obliterate my memory in less than a minute. That minute is pure heaven though, laughing your ass off feeling like you've taken a million pills, a ton of morphine and 50 grams of ket all in one. It doesn't really bring on extreme hallucinations, more of the dissociation part of ket. But it is so dose dependent, half a plunger (I don't know what dose this is) means I won't remember anything whatsoever, and quarter seems about perfect. Then on the other side when i'm coming around it has been quite varied. Most times I don't remember a thing, a couple of times I remember listing every drug i've ever taken and how much better propafol was than all of them put together, and once I was being restrained by a couple of nurses because I was fighting?!

I guess you can summarise propafol in one word - 'unpredictable'. Without the appropriate breathing apparatus and monitoring equipment, plus a trained professional, I think you are more likely to kill yourself than have a good time.

When i was in 8th grade i job shadowed an Anesthesiologist...
Yeah they had vials of propofol all over that bitch, i remember it mostly because it did look like milk, not what you'd expect an I.V. Drug to look like. Im sure they had some good opiates or benzos 'round there somewheres too....

If i would have went back in highschool....well lets just say they'd be missing a LOT of drugs and i'd probably be in jail lol

Propofol is only going to knock you out if that's the intent. I had it when they removed my wisdom teeth and while I was plenty messed up I was never knocked out. It did mess with my time perception though. I found it amazing, with a crazy rush. Problem is, unless you know what you're doing with the stuff (basically unless you're an anaesthesiologist) you will probably black out in about 2 seconds and then either wake up feeling amazingly refreshed or die.

Damn bro they gave you propofol when you got your wisdom teeth removed? Good shit man your doc musta been cool because i thought it was standard to get nitrous or something of that nature

Two of my wisdom teeth were impacted and so I needed dental surgery. They couldn't just yank them.

so my friend has a 20mL amp of Milk, How much would teater you on the edge of sleep and consciousness, I realize there are factors that weigh in as Size Weight, Tolerance to similar drugs, just looking for a round about figure.

A few years ago propofol was totally unknown to drug users and the vast majority of posters on this board. Now you got people calling it "milk" and claiming their friends have a 20 ml ampule.

Heh, well the first time I heard of it was when I had my wisdom teeth out which was back in 2004, and when I asked a friend who was in med school at the time what IV drug is white and knocks you on your ass he called it "milk of amnesia". I'd love to take that trip again.

They underdosed me cause I asked for it. I was fucked on mdpv and hadn't slept for the night. I had amnesia for a while but according to those awake I had been talking non-stop before the point I remember. I realized I had something up the ass, but I felt so fucking good. I have only felt a similar sense of peace and euphoria on dmt, but propofol isn't psychedelic. It feels like benzos should be feeling, if they were really recreational. Just the most kick-ass relaxed feeling I could ever imagine. Not in a couch lock way though, but more in a get-out-there-and-enjoy-myself way. I loved every second of the 1-2h comedown. No drug or drug combination has really impressed me like this in years. It felt almost like the holy grail of drugs.

Remember I sort of combined it with an extremely dopaminergic substance... Well if you used those before a minor procedure... Nay, I really wouldn't recommend that.

Edit: If I haven't made that perfectly clear, this "milk" phenomenom is pretty obvious. The substance isn't scheduled as an illicit narcotic in most countries and it absolutely kicks your ass to the floor (IV!) in a feel-good way. I predict many to die.

I think people giving propofol a bad name are truly worried people will die and they are perfectly right to do so. But it has to be said that it does kick serious ass.

Last edited:
I'm going to repeat what I said earlier in this thread:

effie said:
Even if it was hugely euphoric, the steep dose:response curve does not make it a practical or sensible drug to take recreationally. It would be very dangerous.

Not that you are advocating taking it out of a clinical environment, but I think it is worth emphasising the dangers. There is a very fine line between a safe dose and a fatal one.

I would definitely not recommend taking any recreational substances before surgery. There has been limited research into the effects of combining anaesthetic agents with recreational drugs and you really don't want there to be a nasty interaction. There are many different agents used for anaesthesia these days, from opioids to benzodiazepines to inhalants such as isoflurane and nitrous oxide to muscle relaxants such as suxamethonium to anaesthetic agents such as propofol. Anesthesia is all about balance, and taking anything beforehand - even when you are only going for twilight sedation - could potentially cause problems. Here is a case study of someone suffering seizures combining cocaine with propofol, for example, and MDMA is an inhibitor of CYP-2D6 and could therefore cause increased levels of fentanyl in the bloodstream. MDMA and other stimulants could also potentially cause hyperkalaemia (high potassium, potentially fatal) or malignant hyperthermia with muscle relaxants such as suxamethonium and vecuronium. It's really not worth the risk IMO :)

Another important thing to consider which can happend and which has also happened many times with the more potent Barbiturates (such as Pentobarbital, Amobarbital and Secobarbital) is that after taking a dose you can forget you took a dose and then re-dose, then forget you just re-dose and re-dose again untill you eventually overdose. With potent amnesiants such as short acting Barbiturates (and even Benzodiazepines, such as Midazolam, Triazolam and Brotizolam) and Propofol this is a very real possibility and which has taken the lifes of many people, including a lot of celebs back in the day when Barbs where still common. Ever heared of pulling a Jimi (Hendrix)? He took a couple of Seconal or Vesparax then forgot that he took them and took some more, then some more later and he ended up fatally od-ing.

^such an easy trap to get into, I've woken up in the morning and seen an empty strip of xanax and no recollection of it. Propofol would be nowhere near as forgiving to such recklessness, in fact i always thought propofol was so potent you needed to be on a ventilator whilst under on it. I wouldnt fancy risking any dose of it, not a fan of the possibility of waking up dead! How desperate would you have to be for some sleep!

happened to me with 1,4-butanediol. ended up with the worst headache of my life for 2 weeks, after i woke up in my puke that is.

edit: i just got a propofol hookup lol. it was there all the time, for free. d'oh. i best pass on this one though lol.

Last edited:
I was given Propofol today for conscious sedation basically enough to put me to sleep but not enough for general anaesthesia meaning in the anaesthesiologist eyes they don't have to hook me up to a breathing tube. I remember being in the room where the procedure was being done it was a milky white liquid I remember the dr saying we are gonna put a bit in to test I'm not sure how much they had put in at that point but I definitely felt the effects it's hard to describe it I felt extremely relaxes like I had taken Valium as well I felt like light in the body or heavy in the body I remember saying to the dr this stuff feels weird I can see why Michael Jackson liked it but in my opinion it produced a semi concious state of mind then after the dr said we are gonna give you more next thing I remember is waking up about 20 minutes later saying is the procedure over and they said yea so it produces amnesia or something my best way to describe what it felt like would be a mix of Valium an opiate without the warmth and something else

propofol was interesting the one time I was put under w/ it. I stayed awake the entire count before passing out. =P
as it entered the IV in my hand, I felt like a very strong tingling/pins & needles feeling there, but it wasn't really at all painful or unpleasant, not like the burning IV morphine pins & needles can be sometimes, it didn't exactly "burn" at all. this immense tingling feeling crawled up my arm, to my shoulder, to my chest, and then to my head, and less than a second after beginning to feel it in my head, it was almost as if my state of consciousness was consumed by the pins & needles, and I was completely under after a fraction of a second of static overwhelming my brain.
so, I could actually FEEL the drug itself move up the vein in my arm, to my heart, to be pumped to my brain. very unique feeling.

Yeah when I recieved it yesterday it hurt going in my vein I felt like a rush then they said were gonna give you some more then I woke up 20 or so mins later and the procedure was done but I felt something from the test injection for about 2-3 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.