• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol with Suboxone ?

yea it's not gonna send you running to the toilet puking or nodding like crazy or anything. I found the high to be mildly stimulating too. Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself ;)
I'm glad it worked and tomorrow im going to take 250mg and see how that goes.

is it safe to add about 2mg clonazepam to 200mg tram and about 2mg bupe? or would the clonazepam reverse the effects of the trammies? or wouuld i have a good nod off combo? i dont want to get a seizure or anything and have no experience with these combos, so im just trying to be safe about the whole thing.

@srs1980 Not safe to mix clonazepam w. tramadol and bupe. Mixing benzos + opioids is bad, theyre both respiratory depressants. You most likely would be ok, especially if you have a beno tolerance, but common sense dictates not to press your luck. Use with caution and supervision if you absolutely must.

@OP Even tho your problem isn't most likely the naloxone, it still might be worthwile to get on subutex. If you have to self pay your meds, and get prescribed subutex, there's cheap generics available. About a third the cost of a suboxone.

As for migraines, my mom had some luck w/ Lyrica. But, that's hit or miss on others.

And save some of those tramadols. I realize that you're just starting and quitting is far away, but it wouldn't hurt to just stash 15-20 away for when that day comes. My first sub kick, I walked off 1mg/day IV. All I took was tramadol for 2 weeks, and WD was very mild.

My doc said that most doctors are not willing to prescribe Subutex and that he'd rather scribe me Tramadol ha

My DOc told me yesterday that they are going to use tramal as a antidepressant now....

@srs1980 Not safe to mix clonazepam w. tramadol and bupe. Mixing benzos + opioids is bad, theyre both respiratory depressants. You most likely would be ok, especially if you have a beno tolerance, but common sense dictates not to press your luck. Use with caution and supervision if you absolutely must.

ACTUALLY, it is safe to mix 2mg kpins with 200mg tramadol and 2mg bupe. Even if you didn't have a benzo tolerance at all, this would do little harm to the vast, vast majority of people. And if he/she has any experience using benzos, well, I can pretty much guarantee they won't have any problems whatsoever.

You are right, people need to be careful when mixing benzos and opioids, but given what this person is specifically do, they are mixing them in a relatively mature way, and if nothing else at not inappropriate dosages.

Shiiiit I'd LOVE it is they started using tramadol as an anti-d. It certainly works way better than anything else I've ever had for depression. Then again, I'm set for the foreseeable future given how well bupe works for my depression/anxiety =D

ACTUALLY, it is safe to mix 2mg kpins with 200mg tramadol and 2mg bupe. Even if you didn't have a benzo tolerance at all, this would do little harm to the vast, vast majority of people. And if he/she has any experience using benzos, well, I can pretty much guarantee they won't have any problems whatsoever.

You are right, people need to be careful when mixing benzos and opioids, but given what this person is specifically do, they are mixing them in a relatively mature way, and if nothing else at not inappropriate dosages.

Shiiiit I'd LOVE it is they started using tramadol as an anti-d. It certainly works way better than anything else I've ever had for depression. Then again, I'm set for the foreseeable future given how well bupe works for my depression/anxiety =D

yea i know it isnt safe mixing huge amounts of any benzo with opiates and i do have a benzo tolerance and opiate tolerance too for that matter or i wouldnt be on the bupe. i usually take like 2mg in the morning and 2mg at night of bupe. i just got the trammies rxed to me and have always heard that they could actually work like an opiod and relieve pain, so boy imagine how excited i was to finally try the combo. so far ive not went over the 200mg trammie mark when mixing and if i even take a benzo which is alwayz clonazepam, i take no more than .5mg up to 2mg. and personally im one of the few that doesnt feel shit from the tram. do i need to stop taking the benzo with it?, or do i need to up the dose of the tram. i dont take the tram every day because i dont want to build up tolerance or get addicted to it also, im addicted to enough stuff. any advice about the best way to take this would be appreciated. thanks

yea, you should first probably just try taking the tramadol w/o any benzo. if that doesn't work up your dose to 300mg. If that doesn't work, then, well, you probably shouldn't be trying to get high off tramadol ;)

When people talk about the increased risk of seizures at a dose of 400mg, do they mean 400mg all at once or spaced out over, say, 24 hours.
So if one has 250mg ER over the course of 5 hours, and starts to dose again (maybe same amounts) the next day, about 10-12 hours later - is that all good?

I started smoking good quality h for about three weeka now and my dirst Ws start after 20 hrs. In my country we only get tamagesics which are 0.2mg tabs while we do have trams. Im holding on to both but wanted to know if i mix .6 mgs of bups with 100 or 150mg of trams per 24hr for 4 days will i be set as superjet? :) and i would like to point out that last week i did manage to stay off for two days pretty easy the only issue being a slight low mood thats where i feel the trams can be helpful. Plz do reply asap az i hAve 9 hrs before deciding what and how much to take. Thanks all :) cheers

If someone with a very small harry habit uses trams and bups for 6 days exactly, will he be facing their own Ws after the 6 days? Also, when would it be safe again to use H again. As in, will 6 days be enough to avoid Ws after a single use? Also, , i would love more feedback on my previous post. Thanks all, luv ya,

6 days is long enough for me to feel WDs. Generally my personal rule is 3-4 days of using anything physically addicting and I'm sick afterward. Now FIENDING?? that's another story!:D

It's hard to know if you'd be as 'set as a superjet', but since you described your only noticeable withdrawal concerns to be a lowered mood, than I would imagine your kick should be as smooth of a ride as a jet blue one way trip to paradise.

Buprenorphine as you may or may not know is potent opioid, stronger than morphine on a mcg/mcg basis, with 250-300 mcg Parenteral administration equivalent to 10 mg of parenteral Morphine. The differences are that bupe is a partial agonist (provides typical narcotic effects only up to a point at which it plateaus.) and it's longer half life allows it to dissasosicates slower from opiate receptors-allowing for most people to break their dose into once or twice a day.

Tramadol and bupe should together, at least 'partially' as Tramadol is not just an opioid, but works upon seretonin as well, SL while the opioid effects may be blocked by the buprenorphine due to the high affinity, the seretonin aspect should still be effective and provide some anti-depressant effects.

Also please don't post the same thing in two threads.

Tramadol and Bupe do not cause cross tolerance. If 100mg tramadol got you high before you started suboxone, 100mg will almost certainly still get you just as high (if not more often more high) once you've started suboxone...

as a matter of fact tramadol and bupe do cause cross-tolerance.
A long time ago when i started to experiment with opiates/opioids i got hooked on tramadol for quite some time before i began to climb the ladder and move onto morphine, oxy, heroin, fentanyl..etc. and i do mean QUITE some time.. i was using 25 (225mg) pills a day (here in egypt tramadol is kind of an epidemic and we the lowest we have is tramadol 100mg and tramajack 100mg and then we have Ultradol 150mgs and then tramadol 200mgs, Tee-doll 200mgs, Tamol 200mgs and then we have Tramadol 225mgs (rare), Tee-doll 225mgs (VERY widespread and available everywhere), Tamol 225mgs (also very available) and then recently the black market manufacturers in india that ship the tramadol here began making Tamol 250mg and Tee-doll 250mg) so i was basically using around 5500-6000 mgs a day and then my parents forced me into a detox center and the doc prescribed me 8mg subutex (half a pill every 12hrs so basically 8mg every 24hrs) and i still had withdrawals and the doc was perplexed and vaguely astonished by this so he upped the dose to 6mg every 12 hrs (3 2mg subutex every 12 hrs) which eventually kept my WD's at bay.
(For those of you who cannot believe that my tolerance to tramadol was so high and that i must have had seizures and serotonin syndrome i say YES i've had around 40 tramadol-induced seizures and serotonin syndrome once from tramadol solely and another time from mixing trammies with MDMA and then LSD 2 hrs later but the truth is that what really saved my life in that period was that i was also severely abusing and addicted to k-pins and i was using 8-16mgs a day of clonazepam (If i hadnt been addicted to clonazepam i would've died of SS or a severe seizure for sure.. when i went to the detox center i got prescribed subutex for the tramadol withdrawals and valium for a slow taper benzo withdrawal).

Tramadol isn't a true opiate. It is completely synthetic. Therefore rules of opiates don't apply to them. Also if you stagger doses by 30 min intervals you reduce the sertogenic effects and increase the opiate like effects. Thereby reducing risk of seizure. You have to stagger trams to get their full benefit.

Last edited:
as a matter of fact tramadol and bupe do cause cross-tolerance.
A long time ago when i started to experiment with opiates/opioids i got hooked on tramadol for quite some time before i began to climb the ladder and move onto morphine, oxy, heroin, fentanyl..etc. and i do mean QUITE some time.. i was using 25 (225mg) pills a day (here in egypt tramadol is kind of an epidemic and we the lowest we have is tramadol 100mg and tramajack 100mg and then we have Ultradol 150mgs and then tramadol 200mgs, Tee-doll 200mgs, Tamol 200mgs and then we have Tramadol 225mgs (rare), Tee-doll 225mgs (VERY widespread and available everywhere), Tamol 225mgs (also very available) and then recently the black market manufacturers in india that ship the tramadol here began making Tamol 250mg and Tee-doll 250mg) so i was basically using around 5500-6000 mgs a day and then my parents forced me into a detox center and the doc prescribed me 8mg subutex (half a pill every 12hrs so basically 8mg every 24hrs) and i still had withdrawals and the doc was perplexed and vaguely astonished by this so he upped the dose to 6mg every 12 hrs (3 2mg subutex every 12 hrs) which eventually kept my WD's at bay.
(For those of you who cannot believe that my tolerance to tramadol was so high and that i must have had seizures and serotonin syndrome i say YES i've had around 40 tramadol-induced seizures and serotonin syndrome once from tramadol solely and another time from mixing trammies with MDMA and then LSD 2 hrs later but the truth is that what really saved my life in that period was that i was also severely abusing and addicted to k-pins and i was using 8-16mgs a day of clonazepam (If i hadnt been addicted to clonazepam i would've died of SS or a severe seizure for sure.. when i went to the detox center i got prescribed subutex for the tramadol withdrawals and valium for a slow taper benzo withdrawal).

You still had WDs cause Tramadol IS NOT AN OPIATE.

So many misinformed posts on this single thread.

ons between tramadol and suboxone, fyi, unless you don't like to get high that is... :\ ;)

Don't they have more specific meds with a higher efficacy when it comes to treating migraines than opioids? I have to agree in both respects of his response with Zneg here. And what's more, it's probably the norbupe that's fucking with your head. I have heard of cases where people are actually allergic to naloxone, but these people are also often allergic to other opioids too like bupe... Headaches are actually a relatively common side effect of suboxone, especially at higher doses (or for people who are able to get a lot of bupe into th

When I started sub I used to get headaches too. If you swallow after letting the sub dissolve, try spitting instead. Some people find that reduces the side effects.

Also yeah thats super weird that your doc prescribed sub and tramadol for use at the same time. I have used them together and definitely I get some effect from the tramadol, but it could just be the SNRI effects because it doesn't seem all that enjoyable. Helps me sleep though. It also might help reduce sensitivity in your nether regions as you might have a problem with that coming off stronger opioids.

You still had WDs cause Tramadol IS NOT AN OPIATE.

So many misinformed posts on this single thread.

tramadol is not an opiate, but it is an opioid as it affects opioid receptors in the brain ( same as fentanyl and oxycodone which also aren't opiates) So there is going to be some cross tolerance.

From wikipedia:

Tramadol, sold under the brand name Ultram among others, is an opioid pain medication used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain.

tramadol is not an opiate, but it is an opioid as it affects opioid receptors in the brain ( same as fentanyl and oxycodone which also aren't opiates) So there is going to be some cross tolerance.

From wikipedia:

Tramadol, sold under the brand name Ultram among others, is an opioid pain medication used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain.

No actually Tramadol only works on one opiod receptor. It is clearly defined in medical literature as a non-opiate.

The thing that sucks about Tramadol is the withdrawals. Way worse then traditional opiates due to the depression from its ssri effects. Have withdrawn from several substances and have personally found it to be the worst.