• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Head pain with cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ondine

Bluelighter
Hey all,

This is something that's been occurring frequently as of late, so I thought I'd stop by to see if anyone has anything to say.

I would consider myself a moderate smoker. I smoke 1-2 packs per week, 3-5 cigarettes a day on average. Recently, I've begun experiencing pain in my head while smoking. The pain occurs almost immediately after I finish inhaling. It seems to occur in the same spot every time: on the left side of my head, close to where my temple is, but a little bit closer to my left ear. The pain typically only lasts for 1-3 seconds.

I don't experience the pain every time that I smoke. It occurs anywhere from 1-10 inhales of my cigarette, usual right after I light it. Furthermore, I don't seem to experience it with hand rolled cigarettes i.e. cigarettes with no filter.

This leads me to believe that there is something in the filter that I'm inhaling along with the smoke that's causing this.

Has anyone had a similar type of reaction while smoking? Is this something that I should be potentially worried about?

I think it could be sinus pressure doing that. I smoke a pack a day and I get sinus/ allergy headaches from smoking sometimes. My headaches can last hrs to the next morning at noon. I think cig's contribute to most of the post drinking hangover.

There are many things it could be and even a doctor would need to take a proper history and examine you. I would think the most likely answer is something like Eustachian tube dysfunction or a problem with your sinuses/middle ear but there is no way for us to know over the internet.. Headaches are hard to diagnose at the best of times, especially fleeting ones such as that. I've not come across anything from a cigarette causing symptoms like that before, but it is possible.

If it concerns you I would seek medical advice.

Go to the doctor bro... that's the exact symptom my grandfather began having before he was diagnosed with brain cancer.

I'm not trying to scare you but... better safe than sorry.

One reason for the Rollie's working better is because tailor made smokes have a lot more chemicals in them .

Status
Not open for further replies.