View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Bufo Alvarius Thread

haha

yeah, crazy lookin thing!

i was interested in this a while ago, but after i educated myself on it i was pritty turned off. the toad would be cool just to say hey my toad makes u trip, but other than that its completely unpractical.

Ive also been rather confused on whether it contains 5-MeO-DMT or 5-HO-DMT. could somebody clarify this?

I believe that the venom consists mainly of 5-ho-dmt and none or very little 5-meo-dmt...

^Really? I thought it was the other way around. I could be wrong, but erowid and wikipedia both state bufotenin and 5-meo-dmt as the main substances, with no mention of 5-ho-dmt.

This actually sounds like a pretty badass pet.

I'm afraid my dog would try to eat it though.

Anyone thinking of keeping one as a pet...be aware that this is a large animal that eats and poops a lot. They need a VERY clean home (Toads absorb air/water through their skin so they can't sit in their feces) and they eat mice and a LOT of bugs. They are also HUGE animals and need a very large enclosure. No less than a 55 gal for a full-grown one...even that is very small.

This is not like keeping a cute li8ttle clawed frog in the fish aquarium...do not obtain this animal if you cannot dedicate your time and give it a good home.

I have raised B. marinus (similar size/upkeep) and it was no walk in the park.

Last edited:
I think you should just get a gram of 5-meo-dmt and a glass bowl and a 69cent goldfish. You can just feed your gold fish and say hi to it before you smoke, it would be a lot easier.

there are actualy pleanty(?) plenty of psychedelic aquatic critters you could pick from

MGS - is right, this animal/toad needs lots of space and different food/s. I have kept many different pets and thought about getting myself one too, but when I read about it in google and many other places I found out that this specific toad needs lot of care and time to deal with him.

It's not like you get yourself a fish who just lives in 20-40L aquarium and needs only littel foods to keep him alive. Think be for, don't rush, just think about it and decide if you have place where to keep him and you have right condition for him.

Do reading and talk to persons in Zoo or in place where people have personal experience keeping him. Like some people in here, but take tour to ZOO:)

squerll said:
I think you should just get a gram of 5-meo-dmt and a glass bowl and a 69cent goldfish. You can just feed your gold fish and say hi to it before you smoke, it would be a lot easier.
this is a better idea.
however, i'm too afraid to get anything off a chemical supplier. don't want it coming back and haunting me later on.

Bufo Alvarius

I know someone that lives in Colorado. He said he's willing to search for some toads for me. I've heard that almost all toads in colorado are "active".
any tips on how to find'm so i can relay the message?