• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Questions about valium and klonopin

420Sebastior

Ex-Bluelighter
1) How long does it take for valium to kick in
2) How long 'till it peaks?
3) How long does the high last?
4) What's a good recreational dose for people without a benzo tolerance?
5) What's a good recreational dose for people with a benzo tolerance?

A) How long does it take for klonopin to kick in
B) How long 'till it peaks?
C) How long does the high last?
D) What's a good recreational dose for people without a benzo tolerance?
E) What's a good recreational dose for people with a benzo tolerance?

Be careful...the benzo road is a very dark one...tolerance skyrockets within weeks of using it (if not using it therapeutically, you'll be taking handfuls to get anything out of them), physical addiction sets in quickly, and benzo withdrawals are worse than opiate withdrawals and can cause you to have seizures as well as be life threatening...

1. About an hour...
2. Maybe 2-2.5 hours...
3. That's dependent on your dose for one, but I'd say around 6-8 hours of actually feeling something recreational...
4. Start at 10-20mg to assess your natural tolerance and work your way up from there...
5. That varies from person to person...There was a point in time that I would have to take 100mg to feel anything close to recreational...

A. About an hour...
B. About 2 hours...
C. About 8 hours or so for me...
D. Start at 1-2mg to assess your tolerance and work your way up from there...
E. Once again, that varies from person to person...It used to take me 5-6mg to get anything out of it, but like I said, it's different for everyone...

To answer your questions within the scope of this board, Valium (diazepam) kicks in in 10-60 minutes and is a long-acting benzodiazepine with active metabolites, so it can last over 24 hours. Klonopin (clonazepam) takes a bit longer to kick in and lasts slightly shorter..but they are both considered to be long-acting benzodiazepines....in contrast to shorter-acting benzos like Xanax (alprazolam) or Ativan (lorazepam).

Medical doses for diazepam range from 5-10mg for somebody without a benzo tolerance. 0.5mg clonazepam is approx. equal to 10mg diazepam, but this varies from person to person. For me, 0.5mg clonazepam is closer to 5 or 6mg diazepam.

We have no idea what your benzo tolerance is so we can't answer that question without more information regarding your past benzodiazepine usage.

I recommend that you take a look at the benzodiazepine conversion chart.

This is also a basic dosing question and belongs in Basic Drug Discussion, so I'll move it there for you.

OD --> BDD

thank you everyone for answering

i just gotta say i'm sorry for always posting my threads in the wrong forum, kinda awkward, i hope i don't get bad reputations for it

Last edited by a moderator:
^Not a problem..

There is a lot of overlap between Basic Drug Discussion and Other Drugs. Your mistake is forgiven :)

This is all subjective, so I'll chime in as well, if I may:

1) How long does it take for valium to kick in
2) How long 'till it peaks?
3) How long does the high last?
4) What's a good recreational dose for people without a benzo tolerance?
5) What's a good recreational dose for people with a benzo tolerance?

A) How long does it take for klonopin to kick in
B) How long 'till it peaks?
C) How long does the high last?
D) What's a good recreational dose for people without a benzo tolerance?
E) What's a good recreational dose for people with a benzo tolerance?

VALIUM
Kicks in at about 30 minutes.
Peaks at about 60 minutes.
Major effects last about 6-8 hours, lingering effects may persist throughout the day but are fairly mild (at least with smaller doses).
Without a tolerance, anywhere from 10-50mg depending on the person. I personally find diazepam weak and would easily take 50-70mg without a tolerance, but many would not. I am quite large.
It depends on what the tolerance is, to put it bluntly. Use the conversion charts to compare to benzos you have tried.

CLONAZEPAM
Kicks in at about 30-60 minutes.
Peaks at around 90-120 minutes.
Peak effects last for a good 10-12 hours, lingering effects (plus staving off of withdrawal) may well persist into the next day - half-life 18-50 hours.
Without tolerance, I would find 2-3mg a good recreational dose.

i just tried 0,5mg clonazepam and i can feel it a little bit
i like to start slow and work my way up to a dose i feel is right for me

is it safe to mix let's say 1mg clonazepam with 20-30mg diazepam?

What is your tolerance? We can't answer that unless we know.

Also, why do you want to combine two long acting anxiolytic benzos?

is it safe to mix let's say 1mg clonazepam with 20-30mg diazepam?

As effie mentioned, we can't answer if this is a good idea or not without knowing your tolerance. Unless someone is on other drugs or has some king of medical condition or hypersensitivity, those doses would never be dangerous but without a tolerance may impair you to the point of blacking out and doing things you regret... such as taking a lot more drugs which COULD be dangerous.

Strictly physiologically speaking, few recreational substances are safer than benzodiazepines but all things considered (due to their effects, the danger combining them with other CNS depressants, their habituation potential, withdrawal/PAWS, etc.), few drugs are more quietly insidious.

Lastly, as effie said, there isn't much benefit in combining the two. They do essentially the same thing so it'd be better to work your way up to a comfortable dose with one or at least get used to both before combining them.

yeah i know but i just couldn't find it, i have a hard time navigation and therefore finding the answers i'm looking for, my apologies

yeah i know but i just couldn't find it, i have a hard time navigation and therefore finding the answers i'm looking for, my apologies

Don't stress it; it takes a while to become accustomed to different websites' various methodologies for these things. Stick around a while and you'll learn how everything works (and the nuances of certain members...).

Don't stress it; it takes a while to become accustomed to different websites' various methodologies for these things. Stick around a while and you'll learn how everything works (and the nuances of certain members...).

Yeah thank you for understanding, people seem to get upset when i post stuff wrong and stuff, i always apologise 'cause i really don't wanna get banned from this website, it's a good forum although it's hard to navigate

Sorry i went off topic

Yeah thank you for understanding, people seem to get upset when i post stuff wrong and stuff, i always apologise 'cause i really don't wanna get banned from this website, it's a good forum although it's hard to navigate

Sorry i went off topic

It's a wonderful forum for research and harm-reduction! I used it for years, but only somewhat recently signed up and decided to help out whenever possible. Welcome and enjoy your stay!

If you'd like to chit-chat, each forum has a "social" thread for general banter unrelated to the forum / sub-forum itself. :)