• MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-IT / 5-API Thread

killermunchies

Bluelighter

Welcome to the Big & Dandy 5-IT / 5-API Thread

5-IT_structure.png

5-(2-Aminopropyl)indole

[original post:]

As some of you know, some prominent vendors are now offering 5-IT. For those who don't know, 5-IT stands for 5-(2-Aminopropyl)indole. Here is the wiki page for it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-(2-Aminopropyl)indole . Does anyone have any reliable information about this substance? One vendor claims describes it as filling the gap between MPA and 6-APB which to me sounds like a more stimulating and euphoric version of 6-APB. While this sounds like the best thing ever to me, I realize that this is just a vendor trying to sell something. So does anyone have any experience with it, or know of any reliable trip reports? Even a good starting dose would be helpful. Shulgin briefly mentioned it in his entry on AMT, but doesn't seem to be very fond of it. However, his dose seems quite low, so its possible that his opinion wasn't based on a full sized dose. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't touch it.

A good friend of mine said it was the worst RC hes ever taken. I asked why- he just kept saying "pain... pain... pain...".

Now that might have just been his experience, and I don't know his dose... But do you wanna be the pioneer?

Don't touch it.

A good friend of mine said it was the worst RC hes ever taken. I asked why- he just kept saying "pain... pain... pain...".

Now that might have just been his experience, and I don't know his dose... But do you wanna be the pioneer?

Damn, I was hoping to hear something a little better than that... Since it went on sale today in mass quantities, I assume we'll see an influx of trip reports in the next few days. Hopefully, they'll be better than what your friend experienced. I was hoping this one would be good.

Be wary of any "new RC" that hits the scene. Remember that in the wake of the UK cathinone ban, dozens of drugs were being "invented" and sold with no confirmation that it was in fact the drug that was being paid for. Also remember that drug dealers have been misrepresenting products for centuries just to give the customer what they want. Tell someone there's MDEA in this X pill? They'll report it was super laid back. Tell someone the Red Acid is original batch from 1969? They'll report it only kicked in when they turned up the Grateful Dead.

Yes, I understand that bluelight is indeed the forefront of research for most of these novel compounds (see 4-MMC) however the online vendor market has simply gotten ridiculous in this age of stimulants and entactogens.

Very sound advice above. However, I should be obtaining a sample shortly.

If it is an analogue of aMT or close, the notion of 'pain, pain, pain' might not be too far from the truth. Of course, pain is subjective, but aMT seems to make my stomach muscles go into overdrive (after a certain point). With my girlfriend, it affects her back and can make it spasm. 5-IT could well possess similar properties.

The mention of pioneering is interesting. I wonder what wider opinions are on the subject? Someone had to test all these substances for the first time. Do we have a wider duty to each other? Sorry, probably best I talk about this in the P & S section.

Very sound advice above. However, I should be obtaining a sample shortly.

If it is an analogue of aMT or close, the notion of 'pain, pain, pain' might not be too far from the truth. Of course, pain is subjective, but aMT seems to make my stomach muscles go into overdrive (after a certain point). With my girlfriend, it affects her back and can make it spasm. 5-IT could well possess similar properties.

The mention of pioneering is interesting. I wonder what wider opinions are on the subject? Someone had to test all these substances for the first time. Do we have a wider duty to each other? Sorry, probably best I talk about this in the P & S section.

Please report back once you get a sample. A lot of people here would probably be interested. It's chemically similar to 6-APB and aMT which are both good chems. It also wasn't made to replace anything that was banned, so that gives me a little more optimism. Still, only one way to know for sure...

5-IT is an analog of aMT only in the ridiculous sense that its a "positional isomer". It likely shares a lot of 5-APB's binding profile, but with the good stuff omitted. 5-IT likely bears no resemblance to 6-APB whatsoever, because putting the H-bond donor in the meta position is a hot-ticket to good selectivity for 5-HT release which changes the subjective nature of the experience a great deal.

This is just speculation based upon what I know of entactogen SAR.

The Big & Dandy 5-IT Thread (5-(2-Aminopropyl)indole)

I'm not aware of there being a discussion thread on this compound. It has recently become available to the mass market in the UK at least. I can't find much in the way of information or anecdotal reports, so if anyone knows anything please chime in. I'll be ordering half a gram soon and posting my experiences in the near future.

Alexander Shulgin wrote briefly about 5-API in TiHKAL saying: "at 20 milligrams orally, it is a long-lived stimulant producing increased heart-rate, anorexia, diuresis, and slight hyperthermia for about twelve hours." It did not have its own chapter in the book, unlike most other drugs he synthesised, perhaps indicating a lack of interesting qualities.

Any more info about dosage, bioavailabilities and/or duration?

Last edited:
This looks like exactly the kind of nasty, potent, fat-soluble stimulant that's going to be sold en masse as a MDMA replacement in future. Bet it has a long half life and causes hallucinations/psychosis in overdose.

To be totally honest I would treat this like AMT - keep the doses very low and avoid redosing.

It's being touted as somewhere similar to methiopropamine and 5-APB. I, too, harbour some doubts about this compound. I'm not sure I want something that fills a gap between MPA and 5-APB. It could feel very weird.

I think a compound that is supposed to bridge a gap between a rough, primarily physiological stimulant that is only marketed because it bears a resemblance to methamphetamine but with worse cardiovascular stress (MPA) and a MDA knockoff known for being rough around the edges (APB) is really a solution waiting for a problem...

Oh boy, a rougher and stronger MDA knockoff. I wonder how long it will take before we see overdoses and cardiac problems?

I wouldn't do anything but take this orally. Vapourisation leaves way too wide a margin for error.

i see much worse things coming if noone puts a stop to this madness. :/

anyone remember pharao sphynx and his brilliant fent analogue creation? sigh... btw both 5apb and mpa werent my cup of tea really. id prefer mda or mdma any day over 5apb and well... fuck an NRI. :D

You never know, this might be the holy grail of stimulant/empathogen crossovers...

Just gave 5-IT a whirl today. To put very briefly, 20mg (weighed on a 0.000 scale) gave me what can only be described as, a dirtier AMT like experience, but with less visuals. The body load is pretty large on this one, with Shulgin's reports of increased heart rate etc being correct. As this is an isomer of AMT, personally I can't see why someone wouldn't just take AMT instead.

The duration on 5-IT is rather long, with the entire experience lasting about 10 hours, probably slightly more. I'm feeling at baseline now after I dosed at 9am this morning, and am ready for a night of sleep which will come naturally. Overall, I can forsee some serious issues arising with 5-IT, especially since some vendors compare it to 5APB....I can see it now, with some poor soul racking up a 100mg dose thinking it will be the same as 5APB, then getting a horrible shock.

Stay safe everyone, and give this one a wide birth

SR

^ 5-Methyl-Ethylone is not 5-IT, however we do have a 5-IT thread, so I'll move your post there.

5-IT is 5-(2-Aminopropyl)indole.

So this chemical is much more similar to aMT, than 6-apb?
Yep, as 5-IT is an ismomer of AMT itself. Think of it like this: 5-IT is basically a less trippy version of AMT, but with a large amp push. It does have some MDA qualities such as subtle euphoria and introspectiveness, but its simply not worth the dirty feeling. To me, AMT never felt that clean either, so 5-IT is basically a 'rough round the edges' version of AMT and APB combined.

SR

So it's like aMT with much less visuals? Sounds boring. I LOVE aMT but it's the sort of thing I'd only ever take indoors and watching the amazing visuals ect. I tried aMT once on a night out and the body load was too much, I was just sat down for most of the night gazing at everything and everyone, and was obsessed with the colour pink. I ended up going home.

aMT is best taken at home, alone or with a friend while smoking weed.

5-IT doesn't sound very appealing. I'm a bit disappointed as the reviews on the vendors sites seem to be comparing it to 6-apb.