• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-IT / 5-API Thread

It may be a positional isomer of AMT but other than sharing the same mol. mass it looks like it has little else in common (aside from being a monoamine RA/RI and serotonin agonist). I'm personally not a huge fan of AMT as IMO there's too much body load for the middle of the road, drawn out high that "feels" like it should be far more visual than it actually is (feels like poor 5-HT2 ratios to me).

I'd expect this to be closer to 6-APB, which can be lovely depending on set & setting, or combined combined with a smooth And similiary lengthy (perhaps a tad shorter) stim such as 4-FA at a reduced dose. Infact. 6-APB + 4-FA dosed shortly after (due to slow 6-APB comeup) is how I used to imagine AMT would be like about 3-4 years ago before it was back on the scene. 6-APB dose is usually higher than 4-FA... say ~100mg 6-APB followed by 50-100 mg 4-FA 15-30 minutes later and a second 6-APB dose at half or less than the first another 30ish mins later. I always split my 6-APB doses up as it practically eliminates body load and the psychedelic component of 6-APB seems to be additive, unlike the entactogenic side which seems to be dependent on the initial dose (much like 4-FA in that respect) and can feel like the negative part of an MDMA comeup without the the excitement and rushes. Going a bit to off topic with the 6-APB combo talk though, so I'll move on...

I'm put off by shulgins somewhat "bland" mention in TIKHAL. Doesn't sound like it's worth the price when there's decent 6-APB and 4-FA out there. Might give it a whirl when the price comes down and there's more info and experiences floating about though.

Quick question: Wouldn't this be more suited to PDD? I imagine the the similarities to AMT and 6-APB would mean this would attract a bigger crowd over there/prevent random 5-IT info threads constantly popping up.

Last edited:
There was a bunch of hype surrounding the compound given its binding affinities. Then, a bunch of RC distributors sold other compounds under its name. Who knows who actually tasted the compound or what its effects are...it's a mess. :/

ebola

I might be able to elaborate on that soon...

I second moving to Psychedelic Drugs. I searched for a 5-IT thread on there and couldn't find one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds exactly like that wave of the moxy products that have kids bopping around wishing they were doing cocaine.

Personally I'll stick to the natural extract of a centuries used plant with well documented medicinal properties.

I'm sure though it can have some anecdotal qualities that have yet to be explored. Watch the dose as always I'm sure you'll be fine.

Would that suggest it might be fairly psychedelic then?

Nah its probably just a dirty stimulant, with a good affinity for catecholamine sites and a low affinity for 5-HT sites. I'm just speculating, I haven't looked at any data on this compound yet. There's only 4 references in the literature for this stuff: Albert Hofmann's original patent, some russian paper about its effects on mollusk embryos, a non-pharmacological paper in a german chemical journal, and an english language pharmacological reference published in 1968. We don't exactly know a lot about this compound, I personally wouldn't ingest it. It doesn't look very promising either, based upon what we do know about entactogen SAR.

My vendor who is one of the biggest in Europe, told me 100mg was the starting dose and that has been agreed by quite a few people on another forum?

^^ You should never start that high as you can't be sure:

a) That's true
b) It's even 5-IT you received

^Yeah, eating 100mg of unconfirmed mystery powder is beyond stupid.

Even if it is legit 5-IT, and even if the starting dose really is 100mg, you still don't know whether or not you're allergic or hypersensitive to the compound.

The process for safely approaching a new compound is outlined by Shulgin in PIHKAL. Start with the smallest dose you think could possibly have any activity, and then you take half that or even less if you have reason to suspect the compound could be exceptionally potent .

sounds like this thread isn't going too go very far, the structure looked promising, seen the thikal notes about it doesnt sound worthy, i love aMT as it is and i think its gonna just be a shitter version of it :/

Ive seen vendors offering this for a wee while now, whats it all about? Any proper trip reports out there?

When I get some free money I'm willing to try this one. Might be some time in to next month though :(

My vendor who is one of the biggest in Europe, told me 100mg was the starting dose and that has been agreed by quite a few people on another forum?

Yep, got to be careful with such a large dose. I think increments of 10mg is a safe place to start. No-way I'm taking 100mg of aMT. Doses of between 10 and 60 have knocked me on my ass with that stuff.

Should be receiving a sample of this stuff shortly. I'll keep my eye on this thread and post if I decide to try.

Have some of this, it arrived yesterday.
I was hopefully until I did a search on bluelight....ah well.

Maybe I'll have a wee bit and sit in the park tomorrow if it's a nice day, and see what happens :)

Sounds like propa shit. Wouldn't touch this with a 10 footer.

After reading Shulgin's comments I think anyone who still has interest in this chemical must have a fetish for shitty, shitty drugs?

It's an unfortunate effect of the current war on drugs-- chemicals are banned one by one, and new ones (or simple rebrands of old ones) show up on the market even cheaper and more unresearched than before.

I've wanted to try this one for years, have always talked about how it looked/sounded good. Fat soluble, long lasting are pros in my book. Glad it's kickin around finally.

No dang sample ...

Probably a good thing. Let us know how sitting in the park went :)

why is everyone so pissed about new RC's? Im quite happy that they are still devolping new drugs maybe one day there is a real winner so dont be so bitchy about new stuff and say that the old drugs are sooo good MDA is neurotoxic as shit and Tryptamines are always bad for your heart (yes also the ones from natural sources which makes a substance not the slightest bit healthier just because it is made out of some plant) and aMt is shit too but yea maybe this is not the best new drug but atleast give it a chance and dont hate it without ever testing it