• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-IT / 5-API Thread

5-it reminds me about it-290/ AMT. Maybe a clue is in there about its naming, indole tryptamine (just guessing). 5-(2-Aminopropyl)indole, so 5-API seems more logical.

After my research on this compound is finished I will report back, which will be in a few weeks. Expected delivery next week.

Last edited:
This stuff is lovely takes a long time to come up maybe up to 3 hrs.

This stuff is lovely takes a long time to come up maybe up to 3 hrs.

Personally: Don't like drugs which take more than 2 hours to come up. If you think you can watch a whole film during that time, your mindset can completely change (i.e maybe not in the mood for ingesting substance).

As for 5-IT, the chemical structure makes me nervous (I am no insilico QSAR machine though so no validity to this). Is this molecule more polar as a result of the Nitrogen? (If so is this the 'ephedrine' type molecule of 5-APB/MDA with lots of peripheral stimulation).

Popular RC suppliers websites: Interestingly quantities all the way up to LARGE amounts were advertised on various sites as soon as this was available (unlike other 'new' compounds which had relatively low quantities from what was likely trial batchs). Considering this happened when there were ZERO (or maybe the odd one) trip reports on the most popular discussion boards - Makes you wonder have lots of tests been done? are suppliers faking the large quantities available? or did they just order a large batch? (maybe RC's are so popular they know initial demand, regardless of effects, will be high).

Last edited:
Interesting evaluation dc710, sounds potentially interesting. I take it by your experience the dose range is much closer to that of aMT than that of the x-APB series then? :)

It really would be valuable if you could send a small sample off to ecstasydata.org by the way as previously suggested by Roger&Me and Jinux. :)

This chemical is odd, almost zero information when it was released mainstream - and it was released with high quantities advertised so assuming large batches were made. Not sure if this is simply "chinese research chemical" purchasing economics or maybe there have been lots of non-documented tests. Strange...

This chemical is odd, almost zero information when it was released mainstream - and it was released with high quantities advertised so assuming large batches were made. Not sure if this is simply "chinese research chemical" purchasing economics or maybe there have been lots of non-documented tests. Strange...

I assume that there were several undocumented tests by the vendors selling it before they stocked it. Otherwise, they would be taking a huge risk with such a large batch. The reason they would keep the tests secret is to keep other vendors from selling mislabeled chems as 5-IT before they could stock the real thing. They wouldn't want a bunch of false negative hype to affect their sales. This sort of happened with 6-APB.

I've tried 5-IT from a couple of different vendors and tried it a few times now and the come up for me is 1 hour max. I agree 2 hours plus for a come up is a bit too long, which is one con of aMT, plus the nausea it can cause. No nausea with 5-IT though which makes it much 'safer' for taking when going out.

Atmosphere?

I too was surprised but it may have affected me like e sometimes does.

I had taken it at 10.30pm and went to the pub arriving home at 0130. I hardly felt anything and only had 3 pints of lager.

Within 5 mins it started to come on and during the next hour got stronger and I felt really really nice. It was much better than the weekend before where I had been mixing other things before taking it.

Looning forward to 150mg next weekend.

The point being is that with e if i wasnt in the right atmosphere it wiuld wait till i was then hit me. Seemed the same thing. Got home, relaxed, and bang!

Sample finally arrived. Any experiences with the visual aspects of this substance? For me, aMT leads to quite marked OEVs, anything like this with 5-IT?

Sample finally arrived. Any experiences with the visual aspects of this substance? For me, aMT leads to quite marked OEVs, anything like this with 5-IT?

Haven't tried it personally but would love any more info on this. I've seen trip reports on other forums with some suggesting almost no visual activity and some suggesting some visuals (less than AMT).

Could well turn out to be like AMT, as I also get some quite extreme OEVs on it, yet many reports are people wishing that they had more visuals 8(

Last edited:
Thanks for that :)

For me, the comparisons with aMT are the most interesting aspect of this RC particularly as they problematise the dose. If this substance is more akin to an APB then my dose will need to be nearer 150mg to fully appreciate the experience. If it is closer to aMT, I'll need to be very careful - 30 or 40mg can have quite an impact and 60mg took me on a significant ride. As with all new things, careful allergy test and then a couple of incremental experiments. I'll post when I've tried. Won't be a for a little while. Have an appointment with Lucy first :)

Last edited:
I really want this to be good but somehow I just don't think it will be what I want it to be. But I will order a small amount anyway just because it could have potential. I have tried everything that has come out since 6APB and been massively disappointed with all of them. 6APB is great at the time for me but leaves me with awful brain zaps and a feeling of "dirty" for about a week after I take it, regardless of purity/quality. I gave up on Camfetamine/Ethylphenidate and since have just stuck to good old MPA & MDAI combo. RC's used to be my favourite but I think the novelty is starting to wear off for me, and I have noticed slight oddities and anomalies in even the most basic products from even my most "trusted" vendors and as a result I just don't trust any of them anymore. I am noticing that things are being cut with other shit etc, I don't want these guys killing me for the sake of a few quid. I used to see the RC market as reasonably safe aslong as you didn't take the piss and stuck to the rules but I certainly do not feel that way anymore.

There are literally no street drugs that I would purchase now because where I live you are literally being handed a middle finger and a slap in the face for handing over cash for some shit in some foil. No thanks.

I had just got a nice little thing going on with MXE after a lot of experimenting and trepidation and now thats banned -_-

I'm not really sure where to turn next, anyone else feel the same?

coolio said:
I've wanted to try this one for years, have always talked about how it looked/sounded good. Fat soluble, long lasting are pros in my book.

Fat soluble, long-lasting, but likely pretty adrenergic. The latter can be the kiss of death subjectively. Without additional in vitro data, we'll have to guess.
Honestly, I like my compounds lasting in the 4-6 hour range, as briefer durations than that can induce compulsive dosing schedules, and longer durations can cause insomnia. But a long-acting compound can be dandy taken in the morning or mid-afternoon. However, highly adrenergic compounds leave me a jittery mess. :p

ebola

My pet Albino Axolotl says he loves his 5-IT but has never had Bruxism so strong off any other substance , He had a magnesium tablet as he heard that they may help, but to no avail =/

The Bruxism started roughly 2 hours after my pet dosed and hasn't stopped chewing his face since =<

This is only from a 100mg Bomb and he took the same dose 3 times in the last 2 weeks with no Bruxism or other problems at all

Last edited:
My pet Albino Axolotl says he loves his 5-IT but has never had Bruxism so strong off any other substance , He had a magnesium tablet as he heard that they may help, but to no avail =/

The Bruxism started roughly 2 hours after my pet dosed and hasn't stopped chewing his face since =<

This is only from a 100mg Bomb and he took the same dose 3 times in the last 2 weeks with no Bruxism or other problems at all

Don't give 5-IT to your pet :p

Take it yourself like the rest of us.

So I got my 250mg yesterday in the post. Have been on a bit of a binge this week did 2 nights on mpa and then 1 on amt. got plenty of sleep after though and then did 50mg 5-it just to see what I was dealing with... heh.

I forgot I'd taken it and thats the way it remained... absolutely nothing happened, I got a tiny bit of moving words when I looked at my phone but other than that I was completely baseline.

I waited about 4 hours and then built a 100mg bomb and waited.

+10 mins start to feel different
+30 mins definitely coming up but it really was not your typical come up where you start to feel all the good things oh no, this was just erratic and very jittery and generally just a bit shit.
+1 hour. Full "effects" are felt. I'm not really sure what effects I'm sposed to be speaking of because other than bad effects there was nothing about this that I liked. It felt like a really really small dose of shit 6apb, and thats being generous.
+1 hour 30 Decide to listen to some music. No euphoria felt at all. Not one good feeling at all. Just fidgety, couldn't get comfortable and overwhelmingly disappointed.
2mg etizolam taken at this point because I was fed up of fidgeting

+2.5 hours still just feel like I've done some MPA but atleast with MPA I get an intial amazing buzz. I really struggled to find at any point where this compound made me feel good in any way. All I felt was just like I was on a really shit stim. I really dont get why they have bothered to make this at all. It is completely useless.
+4 hours stuck with annoying "rushes" that keep making me have to take a deep breath. At no point does it feel good like it usually would say with uhm, just about anything else.

Now I'm just sat here, still putting up with what I can only describe as annoying side effects that you would put up with if you actually got anything good out of the drug and I'm mostly likely going to be stuck with them all day. I really cannot express how literally pointless this compound is. My mouth was so, so dry and I kept getting stuck when trying to swallow, which was a LOT for some reason. I love a good gurn it makes me feel great but this was just like random spastic movements of teeth clenching and tongue movement and it was really annoying.

This is the first and only thing I have taken, that I would actually say I would never do it again. Not because I had a bad time on it, but because I didn't really have a "time" on it. It's just completely devoid of any fun or feeling whatsoever. I'm actually throwing the rest in the bin. I'd of rather had a bad trip than no trip a
t all atleast I'd of got something for my money. I really just do not know what they were thinking with this one.

I'm not a fussy guy either, I'm generally very easily pleased. But this was so boring and pointless. Not at one single point was my mood elivated, did I feel "good" in any way. I just felt totally normal. There's nothing fun about it at all. I wasn't having a bad time. I was just so bored. Completely baseline mentally, no introspective thinking, no nothing, just "I'd be having more fun doing absolutely nothing" than I am right now on this pathetic excuse for a drug.

I knew this was gonna be shit but my word this really has nothing to offer, at all. Unless you like feeling completely nothing except annoying side effects.

Complete waste of time!

^ You'd been on a binge of MPA and AMT, then took a similar chemical and were surprised when nothing happened?

:|

Last edited:
^ You'd been on a binge of MPA and AMT, then took a similar chemical and were surprised when nothing happened?

:|

Precisely. Excellent smiley addition. So excellent, I shall see you a :| and raise you a 8)