View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

zolpidem + weed = hallucinations?

MrFruit

Ex-Bluelighter
Have you ever hallucinated on zolpidem? if so, what dose? what happened? was it good? would weed change anything?

I took 80mg one time throughout the whole day.

The only thing that happened was when I went to bed, I felt my bed swaying back and forth like I was sailing on a ship. It was actually pretty soothing.

Weed while on Ambien? I'm not a guinea pig, so I'd rather not try it.

I take 10mg of ambien once a week with weed and I'll get some vision distortion and like hippiechild said I'll notice a bit of swaying back and forth when sitting or standing but nothing too intense. I've never taken higher than the therapeutic dose though and don't really have any desire to push the limits.

vision distortions like faces/walls morphing, moving, double vision. visuals are usually a hit or miss IMO. what is more prevalent is the blacking out, thinking any idea is a good one, and not remembering any of it. sometimes I get audio hallucinations to the point that I have a party in my head. I usually take 30mg+..

weed is defiantly synergistic with ambien, pretty enjoyable, especially if you like living in the moment. ambien makes everyone retarded, probably a good idea not to go out in public and do it. I would say take like 20mg- if you have no tolerance- and smoke a fatty, haha... enjoy not remembering :p

I had quite vivid hallucinations on zolpidem and cannabis, but that's because when I started taking them I had no tolerance and took a lot in a short period of time 80mg (40mg internasally and 40mg orally) and smoked a few joints of decent standard weed, managed to stay awake and somewhat conscious but morphing shapes, colour distortion, audio hallucinations (people whispering things into my ear) things falling out of the tv screen, opened a back door at night and I thought all the darkness was coming into the room in swirls, closed eye visuals, full conversations with people who weren't there, (at this point I threw up a bit, probably due to the nasty taste of the drip) and I thought my vomit was floating and changing colour, felt pretty good after, then I vaguely remember something about a walrus, but I can't remember what actually happened.
Well that was one night, a lot of other stories but most concerned with high doses, only time I threw up on zolpidem was the first time, probably due to a non-tolerance issue. Hope this helps.

When I take both I have extremely vivid Hallucinations. I have more Audio Hallucinations then anything but it is because of my dogs I realize they are not real because if they are not responding to the noises then It is not real. However, I have had some really horrid hallucinations one was very freaky but it was happening while laying in bed realized it was fake because my animals where not responding to this creature nor did they hear this growling creature and never responded to it so I knew it was fake. The second one my dogs and cats where not in the room and I swore I saw a few goblin type thing run across my floor and jumping on my dresser and at the foot of my bed. Really freaking weird crap I have hallucinated about. I explained to my doctor and he told me their becomes a toxicity when the two are taken together which causes these forms of Hallucinations so not to take the two together. However when I was taken the two together once I got past the Hallucination period WOW I slept like a baby. Sometimes my Insomnia is really bad so I tolerate the hallucination just to sleep.

I only had mild hallucinations on zolpidem, but a large dose of zaleplon (a similar Z-Drug) gave me borderline psilocybin-like hallucinations. I actually thought I saw a large deer in the road, and swerved out of the way to avoid it. Luckily, this was late at night in a rural area, and there very few other cars around I could have crashed into. That being said, I dont endorse driving under any substances.

I have had full open eye visuals, and even once a shared hallucination with my then significant other while on zopiclone, not zolpidem, but pretty close

Hello Bluelighters!

I found a trip report with Zolpidem in an old file on my pc.
Enjoy it.

Dosage: 30mg.

Administration way: Oral.

Duration: Unknown.

Place: At home.

Year 2014.

Story

That night he was especially calm, composed; I enjoyed that peace class that sometimes fills the hearts of men, and that without warning sinks into the depths of their hearts. With the fulfillment of this warm emotion, I decided to try some drug, and fully dispose my person to the analysis of a new experience. It happens many times that I need this calm of spirit to approach these wonderful drugs; for with a clear and open mind my discernment is more acute and my adventures are more manageable and balanced. Many people use these drugs in reverse; that is, when life chokes them, then they throw themselves headlong into the "miracle" of drugs. Bad choice, there is no such "miracle" !, and most likely this behavior can lead to an addiction that further aggravates their suffering. It is evident that these drugs have well-known therapeutic properties and may be useful for a specific purpose, but they should be used only in specific cases and with full knowledge of the cause. In short, I strongly recommend resolving personal conflicts in a state of absolute sobriety. Having said that, let's go back to the trial.

Ana and I decided to watch El retorno del Rey, the third film from The Lord of the Rings. We arrange a mattress in the dining room, in front of the television, to see the film comfortably. Ana is a great admirer of Tolkien, always tells interesting anecdotes about his life and his work. I put my little Ziplock pouch with some Zolpidem tablets next to me, and I waited for the right moment to swallow the first pill. The main idea of ​​the experiment was to stay awake, to resist the hypnotic power of the drug and to see what happened. I swallowed the first pill.

The first effects came quickly, but paradoxically they were imperceptible to the naked eye; I could have sworn everything was as usual, in fact; that is precisely the main effect of Zolpidem, one is aware that it hallucinates but takes such hallucinations as everyday events. Ana asked me how I was doing, and I answered that everything was fine; I did not feel any apparent changes yet, but it was not true. It's true that I was not lying, but there was something faked in my answers; only that I did not have the capacity to judge that it was false or real. It's like in a dream, you're only aware that you dream when you wake up; and even then the most remote and impossible extravagances happen in dreams without you being able to discern their dreamlike character. Zolpidem drags you into its own hole and at the same time creates the illusion that this hole is really the only thing you know. I suppose its amnesiac effect is what builds this strange impression. Then I took the second pill, believing that it was the first, and that is how my story continues.

With 20mg the perceptual changes became very evident: he was unable to follow the thread of the film, it is more; I watched the characters with the look of who sees something new for the first time; and prey of a deep stupor, is not able to articulate a single gesture or to make a criticism before the novelty that is presented to him. My emotions disappeared gradually, until I brushed the absolute anhedonia. If at that moment they had given me a very bad news, or on the contrary one of very good news; I think I would not have uttered a single word, I would have remained petrified without blinking. I would call it a state of pre-psychopathy but without the negative aspects. I put the third tablet under my tongue, why? God only knows. The taste was disgusting.

To all this, I am surprised that Ana did not realize that strange compulsion. At this point I had already consumed 30mg. I went to the bathroom staggering, almost dizzy; Body sensation with this dose is similar to 40mg of MXE or a bottle of wine. I sat in the toilet bowl and stared around me. The roof that rested on me became a large pool of water that rippled from end to end of the bathroom; As if looking at the ocean through a dapper, translucent glass, I was amazed by the impression of that silent landscape. Green and blue colors docked my retina as if it were a thick fog. I smiled, but it was an empty smile, without emotional embarrassment of any kind. I went back into the darkness back to the mattress. Before being abandoned irremediably by the function of my memory I had some more hallucinations.

Perceived the subtitles of the film as if they were Egyptian hieroglyphs, they were perfect in their proper measure. - My cognition had been modified to the point of not being able to recognize the written language patterns? - I remember seeing asymmetric shapes, sticks hooked with each other, figures that could represent unequal pieces or simulate the request of some riddle; but I could never have said that these were the letters of our alphabet. The strange thing is that I knew that they had to be letters, because I was fully aware that they were the subtitles of the film. This fact impressed me greatly, even so; any appreciation, however interesting, lacked the addition of euphoria.
Amazing! Without a doubt it was the most interesting hallucination; and it was not until the next morning when I vaguely remembered this episode that I was filled with amazement and joy. The characters often had several eyes and suffered considerable deformities in their faces. Frodo, the protagonist of the film, had a dome of eyes stuck to his face, similar to the spider's eye structure. At that point it would have been interesting to look in the mirror, but an underground incapacity annihilated my will, and with it; the most ingenious ideas vanished. The lack of emotion is undoubtedly the greatest impediment to the adventurous soul. The adventure is pure emotion! But Zolpidem makes you terribly indifferent in that regard.

After a long intermittence between the vigil and the dream Ana took me to bed, on the way I stumbled on the only staircase before reaching the bedroom, it had to be because of a clumsy gesture. I do not remember anything, at this point the amnesia is complete. Ana told me the following morning certain anecdotes that I did not completely know, for example, that during the night I raised my head and stared in astonishment around me asking different things aloud and releasing indistinguishable and disordered words.

Conclusion

Zolpidem is definitely from another planet, it is a very strange substance. It literally takes you to a world of very peculiar hallucinations. The lack of emotions makes it little or nothing recreational, even so one could face interesting phenomena that should be assimilated and meditated after the effects. In general, it has been a cold experience, but also interesting. Despite the absence of positive feelings, there has never been any indication of anxiety or concern. It is appreciated.
The dose of 30mg is excessive. I do not intend to repeat this dose.

DocLad

Last edited: