• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Beginner Tramadol questions - (dosage) help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFruit

Ex-Bluelighter
Okay, so i'm taking a benzo break so i want to try tramadol, i took 50mg today and i didn't feel anything.
So i have a few questions, how long does it take for the effects to start kicking in and how long 'till it peaks?
Would 100mg be an alright dose to take next time i try tramadol?

Thanks in advance

It might be worth adding that i've never done any opiates before

Last edited:
We don't do Swim here, it doesn't protect you. Please edit it out of your post. Thanks.

oh okay, i'm sorry, like i said, i'm new here so yeah, i apologise, thank you

100 mg is a perfectly fine dose for an opiate-naive individual. Just don't take tramadol if you are on anything serotonergic (a lot of anti-depressants) or anything else that might lower your seizure thershold, because tramadol does, in fact, lower the seizure threshold some. If you have a seizure disorder, I wouldn't take it. Other than those things, 100 mg is a good dose to start with. Opioids tend to be subtle, unlike other drugs. They don't alwas "fuck you up" so much as they relax you and lift your mood and induce euphoria. Some people don't like tramadol though, and others don't feel anything because they just cannot biologically metabolize it. I, personally, quite like it.

ah right okay, but how long does it normally take 'till you start feeling the effects?
would it be okay to smoke weed while on it? 'cause i heard you should smoke cigs when you're on them
i don't smoke cigarettes anyway so

how long have you been on the benzos? stopping cold-turkey is not safe if you have been taking them frequently. tramadol lowers the seizure threshold; the thing i wish i knew before trying tramadol would be that it is safer to take them with a low dose of a benzo with anti-convulsant properties (klonopin, valium, ect..)

i've only been taking benzos every now and then so i'm just taking a tolerance break

so you're saying it'd be better if i took 100mg tramadol with 10mg valium?
if so, how long would i have to do that? i wanna lower my valium tolerance

however long you want to, but i recommend taking breaks and not dosing every day..

yes, it would be much safer to take 100mg tramadol with 10mg valium than tramadol alone. tramadol causes a dramatic drop of the seizure threshold, so you need something to raise the threshold such as valium.

trust me, i had a grand mal seizure on 250mgs tramadol and weed. shit was not fucking fun

100mgs of tramadol is not that high of a dose, and you could get away with it without any seizures. though, i wish i would have never risked it because the seizure i had probably was the scariest moment of my life

MrFuit, I wouldn't smoke weed so that you can appreciate the effects alone, however, a low-dose benzo taken before hand wouldn't hurt, so long as it is low-dose.

If you've never used opiates/opiods before, try about 100 to 150MG. I wouldn't go anywhere over 250MGs, just to be safe, for a first timer, just because, as mentioned, some people do have bad (serious) reactions to Tramadol. If you dose up to 200-250MG and STILL feel nothing, just stop. Some people just don't get a kick out of Tramadol. Don't keep upping the dose to try to get a buzz. You'll regret it.

Spread out your dosing of the Tramadol; with each dose (that day) your body metabolises it into o-desmethyl-tramadol better - which provides considerably more analgesia than its parent compound.

Say; 50mg starter, 50mg every 90 min until you reach your final dose desired. This is what works best for me.

Taking too much all at once, with it's sub-profile as an SNRI, makes it somewhat uncomfortable rather than relaxing and euphoric.

I was on an SNRI and took 1200mg Tramadol and it did jack and squat. Not saying you should do what I did. Just saying Tramadol is utter garbage for some people.

I was on an SNRI and took 1200mg Tramadol and it did jack and squat. Not saying you should do what I did. Just saying Tramadol is utter garbage for some people.

This is very dangerous for two reasons: Tramadol has a sub-component as an SNRI and can potentially cause Serotonin Syndrome in this scenario; AND above 400mg the seizure threshold is significantly lowered.

Do NOT do this.

Given the question has been answered, I'm going to close this up.

PM me with any queries,

-Pjkt

Status
Not open for further replies.