• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax and Suboxone... Which to take first?

DuckEcho

Bluelighter
Will it make a difference which one I take first... Like.. can I take my xanas, then subs, or vice versa... Dont want any less of the meds in my system. I am on 1 8mg strip of subs a day and 2mg xanax bard 2x a day. Which one should I take first... Subs. or Xanie :?

Take them as prescribed? Are you trying to get high because those threads aren't allowed.
Do your doctors know you're prescribed benzos and opiates? 4mg of xanax a day with a strong opioid like bupe is very CNS depressive.

Take them as prescribed? Are you trying to get high because those threads aren't allowed.
Do your doctors know you're prescribed benzos and opiates? 4mg of xanax a day with a strong opioid like bupe is very CNS depressive.

I take everything as prescibed. I just dont know which med to take first. Likr if I took sub first woulf iy ruin my xanax relief?

oh and yes my sub dr and my psych both know im on the meds. im on 2mg 2x a day cause ive neen on xanax for 12 yrs

*bump*

Last edited by a moderator:
Buprenorphine (Suboxone) has a long duration and alprazolam (Xanax) a short one, so if you want the combined effects it would make sense to take the Xanax second. One should not ruin the other; in fact opioids and benzos tend to potentiate each other (especially in terms of sedation) so you are likely to have a bigger effect if you take them both at once. This could be a good thing or it could be too much - if you feel over-sedated then speak to your doctor.

edit: please don't bump your own threads, someone will get to you when they can :)

Buprenorphine (Suboxone) has a long duration and alprazolam (Xanax) a short one, so if you want the combined effects it would make sense to take the Xanax second. One should not ruin the other; in fact opioids and benzos tend to potentiate each other (especially in terms of sedation) so you are likely to have a bigger effect if you take them both at once. This could be a good thing or it could be too much - if you feel over-sedated then speak to your doctor.

edit: please don't bump your own threads, someone will get to you when they can :)

Ok sorry about the bump im kind of new here Ok ill take my xanax and my sub like 3 seconds later

Given that you swallow the Xanax and take the Sub sunlingually (I presume?) the Sub may well kick in first if you take them that way but there won't be much in it. Don't worry at all about one ruining the other, it won't happen :)

No probs about the bump either, takes a while to get used to how things work here!

Given that you swallow the Xanax and take the Sub sunlingually (I presume?) the Sub may well kick in first if you take them that way but there won't be much in it. Don't worry at all about one ruining the other, it won't happen :)

No probs about the bump either, takes a while to get used to how things work here!

Thanks for the help =D:!

I actually would suggest to take the Xanax first, so the bupe will bring you up. If you take the Xanax after the bupe there might be some dulling of the opioid effects, of course with a large benzo tolerance, and with bupe, I don't think it would be that much of an issue. Try both, see which you prefer.

its not going to matter if you take your sub 3 seconds later cause thats pretty much taking them at the same time...since sub last so long in the system i dont think its really going to matter when you take your xanax once the sub has built up in your system

im only on subs so i take xanax to boost and actually feel bupe i dont recommend that bupe and benzos are super fucking dangerous

and my doctor says i need to stop or ill die cause they can get in trouble for continuing my suboxone when im testing positive for non prescribed benzos

if you are anxious (assume you are if you get prescribed xanax), i recommend usually taking a small dose of xanax to "calm you down" and set the mood right, then take the subuxone. subs, even though they made me feel good when i needed them, gave me this slight strange anxiety, so i would take like .5mg xanax before and about midway through a sub dose. just dont take too much of both

I am prescribed 8 mg Suboxone strips and 1 mg klonopin twice a day. I don't know which one to take first. Some days I will take my sub first and then klonopin, but after the klonopin kicks in it takes away the entire Suboxone buzz. How do I take these two together during the day so I can still feel the Suboxone good feeling without losing it by taking the klonopin. Is there an order to take them or system so it maximizes both or inatensifies the bupe. Because I would much rather have the bupe feeling than the klonopin I use for anxiety. Also any suggestions on how to maximize the full effects of the Suboxone. Any suggestions
Sincerely,new sub user

Which one worked best for you

I actually would suggest to take the Xanax first, so the bupe will bring you up. If you take the Xanax after the bupe there might be some dulling of the opioid effects, of course with a large benzo tolerance, and with bupe, I don't think it would be that much of an issue. Try both, see which you prefer.
Which one worked best for you. The benzo first and then the sub? Did it lessen the effects of the Suboxone?

Please anyone that could help. I feel like I am losing the effectiveness of the Suboxone when I take the benzo?

Please anyone that could help. I feel like I am losing the effectiveness of the Suboxone when I take the benzo?

It's all psychological and in your head. Benzos and the Subs work on totally different receptors in your brain. It's very unlikely that Naloxone will block a portion of the benzo. The suboxone specifically targets the mu-opiod receptors and whatever benzo you're taking is binding to the GABA portion. However there was a study that I read a while back specifically with valium and it blocking the anti anxiety effects but not the sedation portion. I haven't really looked into it, but speaking in terms of the general effects of how the medications work in the brain I guess you can say it's posssible the Naloxone could block a certain portion of the anti-anxiety effects but most definitely not the sedation part.