Bluelight

Thread: Xanax and Suboxone... Which to take first?

1. Collapse Details
    Xanax and Suboxone... Which to take first? 
    Capsule
    Will it make a difference which one I take first... Like.. can I take my xanas, then subs, or vice versa... Dont want any less of the meds in my system. I am on 1 8mg strip of subs a day and 2mg xanax bard 2x a day. Which one should I take first... Subs. or Xanie

2. Collapse Details

Other Drugs

السلام عليكم Release my Mind... From your Grip.. Poison, poisooonn! Invading, invaaading! Reveal my Soul.
    Take them as prescribed? Are you trying to get high because those threads aren't allowed.
    Do your doctors know you're prescribed benzos and opiates? 4mg of xanax a day with a strong opioid like bupe is very CNS depressive.

3. Collapse Details

Second Opinion
    Moving to BDD

Zero Opinion First Opinion Second Opinion Third Opinion Fourth Opinion

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tricomb View Post
    Take them as prescribed? Are you trying to get high because those threads aren't allowed.
    Do your doctors know you're prescribed benzos and opiates? 4mg of xanax a day with a strong opioid like bupe is very CNS depressive.
    I take everything as prescibed. I just dont know which med to take first. Likr if I took sub first woulf iy ruin my xanax relief?

5. Collapse Details

oh and yes my sub dr and my psych both know im on the meds. im on 2mg 2x a day cause ive neen on xanax for 12 yrs

*bump*
    Last edited by effie; 21-03-2012 at 22:37.

6. Collapse Details

Buprenorphine (Suboxone) has a long duration and alprazolam (Xanax) a short one, so if you want the combined effects it would make sense to take the Xanax second. One should not ruin the other; in fact opioids and benzos tend to potentiate each other (especially in terms of sedation) so you are likely to have a bigger effect if you take them both at once. This could be a good thing or it could be too much - if you feel over-sedated then speak to your doctor.

edit: please don't bump your own threads, someone will get to you when they can

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by effie View Post
    Buprenorphine (Suboxone) has a long duration and alprazolam (Xanax) a short one, so if you want the combined effects it would make sense to take the Xanax second. One should not ruin the other; in fact opioids and benzos tend to potentiate each other (especially in terms of sedation) so you are likely to have a bigger effect if you take them both at once. This could be a good thing or it could be too much - if you feel over-sedated then speak to your doctor.

edit: please don't bump your own threads, someone will get to you when they can

Ok sorry about the bump im kind of new here Ok ill take my xanax and my sub like 3 seconds later

8. Collapse Details

Given that you swallow the Xanax and take the Sub sunlingually (I presume?) the Sub may well kick in first if you take them that way but there won't be much in it. Don't worry at all about one ruining the other, it won't happen

No probs about the bump either, takes a while to get used to how things work here!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by effie View Post
    Given that you swallow the Xanax and take the Sub sunlingually (I presume?) the Sub may well kick in first if you take them that way but there won't be much in it. Don't worry at all about one ruining the other, it won't happen

No probs about the bump either, takes a while to get used to how things work here!
    Thanks for the help

10. Collapse Details

I actually would suggest to take the Xanax first, so the bupe will bring you up. If you take the Xanax after the bupe there might be some dulling of the opioid effects, of course with a large benzo tolerance, and with bupe, I don't think it would be that much of an issue. Try both, see which you prefer.

11. Collapse Details

its not going to matter if you take your sub 3 seconds later cause thats pretty much taking them at the same time...since sub last so long in the system i dont think its really going to matter when you take your xanax once the sub has built up in your system

12. Collapse Details

im only on subs so i take xanax to boost and actually feel bupe i dont recommend that bupe and benzos are super fucking dangerous

13. Collapse Details

and my doctor says i need to stop or ill die cause they can get in trouble for continuing my suboxone when im testing positive for non prescribed benzos

14. Collapse Details

if you are anxious (assume you are if you get prescribed xanax), i recommend usually taking a small dose of xanax to "calm you down" and set the mood right, then take the subuxone. subs, even though they made me feel good when i needed them, gave me this slight strange anxiety, so i would take like .5mg xanax before and about midway through a sub dose. just dont take too much of both