• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Qualitative difference between high from vaping vs smoking?

TheAzo

Bluelighter
I recently got a vape.

I feel like the high I get from vaping is qualitatively different from what I get from smoking the same weed.

The high from vaping seems to produce less anxiety, and leave me more emotionally functional (as a result of the less anxiety) than smoking.

Has anyone else noticed a similar thing? I've never heard this mentioned as an advantage of vaping vs smoking.

I have noticed this as well. I have been vaping for a few weeks now and it is a different high, still equally as good or better to me. Like you wrote, the vaping method does result in less anxiety for me as well. I have to worry about smell though where I live so that probably had a lot to do with it. The vaporizer obviously doesn't let off the traditional pot smoke smell.

Very happy with my vap purchase. I also last night tried smoking my vaped weed, it wasn't bad. Free weed lol.

I always feel ripped off after I hit from a vaporizer. It just doesn't give me the high that a gravity bong does.

If you are getting the herb to the proper temp and it is thick dense vapor one hit should knock you on your ass. Vaping for me can be more anxiety ridden. I think you are mainly getting THC and less of the cannabinoids in the vapor vs smoke.

happy with my vap purchase. I also last night tried smoking my vaped weed, it wasn't bad. Free weed lol.

This doesn't make any sense. You still paid for it. If whats left is still smoke worthy you are not using your vaporizer to full potential and it gets really inefficient. I own a silver surfer vaporizer and when i adjust the temp along with the speed of my pull/inhale correctly it gets me so rocked. The weed is very dark and brown no green AT ALL. never black or combusted though.

As I wrote in another thread: I find the vape high to be a lot stronger more cerebral/psychedelic, and if you vape an Indica you get a lot less couchlock and body load. For myself 1-2 vapor hits is like smoking an entire bowl or bong all at once. I don't vape that often at all so I have no tolerance at all so when I do it I can vape and get very high on a tiny amount of material that I'd have to smoke more of to reach the same level of highness, plus if you vaporize correctly you're only going to get THC. I find the vape high lasts awhile for me for 8 hours but like I said I don't have a tolerance at all and I don't vape, smoke, or use cannabis all that often. IME it's sort of like eating very strong edibles but without the couchlock or confusion.

I don't smoke the ABV or vaped herb. I know people who save it up and make edibles with it. I've never done this so I don't know what they're like but if you're vaping correctly like SpinOutOfControl wrote you shouldn't have any THC left at all in the material.

THC vaporizes at lower temperatures, but the other cannabinoids will not. It's basically incomplete combustion when you vaporize.

I find that if I just vaporize, I'm only high for about 30-45 minutes and then I return to near-sober shortly after. Try increasing the temperature of the vaporizor. You might end up getting a bit of smoke but you will get a more complete set of molecules this way.

This doesn't make any sense. You still paid for it. If whats left is still smoke worthy you are not using your vaporizer to full potential and it gets really inefficient. I own a silver surfer vaporizer and when i adjust the temp along with the speed of my pull/inhale correctly it gets me so rocked. The weed is very dark and brown no green AT ALL. never black or combusted though.

A lot of people do that. You're right, if vaped weed still gets them high then they're not vaping the weed completely-- some people purposefully do that, though.

Different methods of consuming cannabis are appropriate for different situations. I love my vape for during the day, at work, etc, because it's more of a "head high" and allows me to function well, carry a conversation, etc.

However on the weekends or at a party sometimes you might want to get more "fucked up" high - in which case the bong or edibles are more appropriate.

I find the vape allows me to appreciate the subtleties of different strains, and to get more scientific about dosing, etc. which is a good thing.