• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc A Concoction That Will Maximize Your Gabapentin Buzz

Dr.Shopper

Bluelighter
It's pretty simple, but I just thought I'd share. All you have to do is take some water (as pure as possible), stir in your desired amount of gabapentin powder, then just add something acidic to the mix (I use lemon or lime juice, and lots of it). Stir it all up and chug. It tastes terrible but it delivers the fastest and greatest effect compare to any other method, in my experience. The reasons for this are the fact that ingesting the drug as aqueous solution delivers the fastest effect (snorting gabapentin doesn't really work in my experience), and that the acidity of the citrus juice both speeds up absortion and increases the bioavailability of gabapentin. So basically your body will be able to absorb more of the gabapentin, and it will hit you much faster. I call it a gabba-shot (I know, it's not a very clever name) and it works every time.:)

If I had known this during the ~1.5 years I was prescribed gabapentin (originally for methadone withdrawal, but then for some reason they kept me on it when I got into rehab for the sole purpose that it was a "mood stabilizer")...would have been fun. Anyways, I'm not on them anymore these days but I have some good memories from those times I'd pop 800-1200mg, I could go out at night, not even have a drink or anything, and feel great, really social and talkative...plus the buzz lasts a long-ass time too! :)

he's just calling it Gaba, he means gabapentin when he says that.

I've never cared for Neurontin, would this work with Lyrica?

wow and i have a whole bottle of gaba i just found, yay in case i decide to do that.

dose with pentin can vary widely. if you want to experience the buzz, try taking 300-600mg first. it will take up to 5 hours to peak. so don't take more thinking it's not working, it lasts 8-12 hours.

if i wanted a buzz from it, i'd take 500-1200mg, but it's too strange of a drug personally. weird side effects for me.

note that tolerance to the buzz kicks in quickly.

using an acid or powdering it up, or especially snorting, is rather unnecessary imo... you'd just increase onset of tolerance i think, even if it kicks in a little faster.

Ok thanks. These are 300mg and says to take 1 three times a day. I opened 2 but only poured half of the second one in the cup. I did squeeze a lemon in it but that was the nastiest stuff ever so i added tea! should i not have done that?

I'm glad I saw this thread because I just stumbled on a bag of roughly 20 of the 800mg gabapentins for helping out a sick friend. Although the tastes sounds horrible and people say this works then I'd be open to giving it a go.

Ok thanks. These are 300mg and says to take 1 three times a day. I opened 2 but only poured half of the second one in the cup. I did squeeze a lemon in it but that was the nastiest stuff ever so i added tea! should i not have done that?
you're fine. enjoy and don't drive lol.

Makes me think of this show yo gaba gaba haha. i was fine, never felt a thing. Its ok i just needed some sleep but am used to not getting much of that these days. lifes been a bitch but really, who doesnt deal with shit right. its all good.

I remember when these were new, and exicted posters talked about gabapentin having the effects of opiates, benzos, and MDXX simultaneously. I've just found it a wobbly, almost boozy kind of high, but very useful in benzo withdrawal. Lyrica - the newer version - is better, but both cause embarassing and drastic drops in motor skills.

I remember when I was prescribed them over 10 years ago. I used to get an energy boost from thema and I suppose, a little high but not that much. Definitely nothing like an opiod. From everything I've read, it's not something to take for awhile and stop abruptly. Good Luck!

yea, ignore that earlier post I made. I just like to be a dick whenever I get the change... I'm working on it, working on it...

Beware the insanely quick tolerance that builds to this drug though, btw.

I just broke open 3 300mg capsules into a coffee mug of Mt Dew and it was by far the most disgusting thing that I've ever tasted in my entire life, but after 30 minutes and two more capsules taken normally, I'm already feeling that "the whole world is fucking shiny and awesome effect". I read all over Erowid that snorting is stupid and trust me, it is... I tested it out a bit by snorting just a tiny amount of it and it's absolutely fucking sick, it makes your stomach turn instantly and burns like hell, not to mention the amount of powder in one of those capsules is comparable to a Tony Montana sized line of coke, so good luck there. Back on topic though, OP is completely right with this method, take the capsules and even as a first time user I'd suggest at least 800mg of powder mixed with something extremely acidic and just slam that shit as fast as you can and make sure you have something nearby with a strong heavy taste to cover it up right away and you'll be on your way to a shiny world shortly.

strangely enough, gabapentin and pregabalin produce notably different effects in me. gabapentin in a recreational dose (3 grams + for me) has a really nice mood lift, just makes me sort of goofy and happy, while pregabalin is more anxiolytic and sedating. i find both to be incredibly useful meds to have on hand for a variety of reasons. but tolerance develops incredibly fast, i could get recreational effects out of gabapentin no more than once per month. no shit, before that i would have thought that nothing produced that kind of rapid, long-lasting tolerance.

also, since gabapentin requires quite a large dose usually to be recreational, you'd end up snorting grams and grams of shit you should not snort as the pills are mostly filler. same thing applies to pregabalin. both have good oral bioavailability, so there really is no reason to take them any other way than intended.

also just took 1500mgs of pregabalin to finally come off my EPH binge. will put some mirtazapine on top later to knock me asleep.

Last edited:
I've found gabapentin to potentiate clonazepam and xanax at each time I was prescribed to the two. Anyone else notice this?