• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Opiates will ruin your life

daveslaine

Bluelighter
Two weeks of hydro, oxy use, three weeks rounded has destroyed or damaged months of work and effort that Ive put into my life.

I dknt know exactly how and why. What exactly is th god damn science behind it? How can this plant Produce such destructive substances?

Regardless, at first i was getting my buzz, or high, before I knew it, I was sinking and sinking, and all I could do was take the next dose.

Guys, dont do opiates more than once every 6 months. When you do it, take a fat, super satisfactory dose, and then, go on again.

I like to try everything out myself, including things such as going into addiction and coming out, and its just not worth it. *Snip - Triggering!*

Let go of caffeine, nicotine, and all other shit. Take some 5HTP *Snip - Triggering!*

In 2 weeks, everyone noticed my sunken, blackened face. My aunt even said I got "ugly" somehow.

You dont want to take this shit, its a fast way to death, a fast way, either actual crasing to have a heartbeat, or dead inside essentially.

I am recovering now again, its very difficult and tough to be forgiven by your body, but youve got to, you cant remain in the hell that opiates cause.

Too much heaven, can truly be hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
While opiates can wreak serious havok about one's life, they won't always necessarily do so. Opiates are very gentle, very benign drugs when used at appropriate doses. Opiate addiction, is, easy to slip into, however, not everyone does. Addiction to opiates can be a particularly problematic addiction, yes, but there are many other substances that can produce problematic addictions. To say that any drug, or any addiction, or any thing can ruin one's life is something I do not believe. A life cannot truly be ruined. It can be changed for the worse, or ended, yes, but can anything really ruin a life?

While opiates can wreak serious havok about one's life, they won't always necessarily do so. Opiates are very gentle, very benign drugs when used at appropriate doses. Opiate addiction, is, easy to slip into, however, not everyone does. Addiction to opiates can be a particularly problematic addiction, yes, but there are many other substances that can produce problematic addictions. To say that any drug, or any addiction, or any thing can ruin one's life is something I do not believe. A life cannot truly be ruined. It can be changed for the worse, or ended, yes, but can anything really ruin a life?

That's a positive take on things. I agree a life generally cannot be ruined, however it sure can be wasted, and to a lot of people that can seem like they have ruined their lives until they move on a fix it. The lesson is to stick on in there. People go through hell, but through this they learn and if they want to, they can end up in heaven. Addiction is a horrible thing and while I somewhat agree with your points Alex I think for the opiate naieve people reading these posts I'd never downplay addiction. It is just such an insidious thing, for this reason I can't for the life of me instil in people the thought that they might not be prone to addiction.

I think no one in tds benefits from indoctrination. Those who are identifying with your post already know what you read and those who don't wont change because of it. Trivializing cannabis doesn't help either. Although it is not as destroying as a dope habit, it affects your mental health, too, in a really slow and inconsicious way.
It's great that you set the goal to live without opies though. I wish you the best for your efforts! If you want to talk about yourself, you can always pm me if you like.

If you think that's bad, try 3 weeks of methamphetamine use and see how that works out for you. Now that is what I would call "ruin".

I think no one in tds benefits from indoctrination. Those who are identifying with your post already know what you read and those who don't wont change because of it. Trivializing cannabis doesn't help either. Although it is not as destroying as a dope habit, it affects your mental health, too, in a really slow and inconsicious way.
It's great that you set the goal to live without opies though. I wish you the best for your efforts! If you want to talk about yourself, you can always pm me if you like.

which post were you referring to re: indoctrination?

I look at this thread and wish that I could have shared this with my friend right before they started smoking oxycodone. 6 months later and they can't keep themselves away from a needle.

Quit now while you can, don't lose everything you've worked for.

which post were you referring to re: indoctrination?

Maybe it's not the appropriate word since I'm not a native speaker. I meant the whole "This drug is so bad for you, it will kill you my son" thing. It sounds like it was a "field report" on an anti drug flyer...

Here I would ahve posted this earlyier but My internet didnt work -.-

Good that you noticed. I would never even think of rtaking any of these harder drugs such as crystal meth, opiates(oxys,heroin) or crack. Heroin is actually not that duistructive to your body as other drugs cause once you get off for good you of and your body can regenerate itself to some extent. Lets say you take crystal or DXM or DMT or what else is their all these pychadelics and disotiatives. They will fry your brain. Theri not as adictve but theri far more damaging than heroin is.

I took DXM second pletau only 6 times. 8 weeks have pasted now and 'I still notice the side effkts Im slowly wondering if they will ever fade. Like the bad short term memory. I will watch a cartoon or a cermersdhial and then chnace channels and forget what I saw. I really have to think hard for a minute to find out what it was again. Then the bad picture memory I will think of the girl I like and her face remain s blasck. Sometimes I can picture her again but its so wiered oftenly even ater hanging out with her I cant picture her anymore. The muscel tiks I can live with also the site. (When I look at brioght lightsd they weill burn into my image as a black spot. I knotice friction in the air like little particles moving over my eye all the time to. I feel dumb sometimes even though I can think perfektly fine again. Oh and not to forget my heart beat. Its way to ahrd and way to fats when I do sport its almost like having asma if I sprint really fast I can hardly breath because my heart is beating so fast. And for me this is terrifying since I am a very athletic person.

Now back to opiates. Opiates take the wonderfull color of life in veryx long term abuse. DXM (It has not been proven yet and Im not sure it will stay) destroys your brain if only short term it is scary as fuck. I meen sure theirs the mental + physical adiction with heroin but no real real long term damage exsept for the lose of color and fun. I am really scared by what it has done and I really hope this is not long term else I might as well just comit suiside or soimething. I tolöd my self I was giving it 1 year.

Maybe it's not the appropriate word since I'm not a native speaker. I meant the whole "This drug is so bad for you, it will kill you my son" thing. It sounds like it was a "field report" on an anti drug flyer...

yes people can sound like that..i often sound like that i guess; but understand those posts are usually sincere and come from experience. Not to be indoctrinating or condescending..but just a small reminder to be careful.

I don't doubt that the OP's post is sincere. It is just the way that it is said that I find a bit off...

2 weeks of opiate use made your face sunken in and black? Jeez... it took me like 6 months at least before you could see any noticeable changes in my face. And no one ever even said anything about it, I was the one that noticed! lol.

But yeah on topic, opiates are harmless drugs (besides the risk of overdose), the true risk you are taking is addiction. Addiction to opiates (and anything in general) will waste large portions of your life and leave you with lots of shame, abandonment, and stress that you just do not want to go through. They may be fun at first and things may seem like they're going well and that you are at no risk of being addicted, but believe me when I tell you that it WILL eventually sneak up on you. Stick with opiates long enough and you'll see what I mean. It's hard to resist that first time someone offers you a percocet because you think, "It's just one pill, what harm could it do?" But things slowly start to snowball and then it just goes downhill faster and faster. That being said, some people CAN just take an opiate once a month and feel no need to do it again, but I would never ever assume that you're one of those people. That's just asking for trouble. If you HAVE to use opiates and just HAVE to feel what they are like, first ask yourself these questions: Why am I doing opiates? Am I using them to cover up some kind of emotional stress? Do they make me feel more comfortable in social situations? Do I have more "fun" when I'm on opiates than when I'm not? If your answer to any of these questions is yes then I would be EXTREMELY careful proceeding to use these drugs. There are certain personality types that are at a higher risk for addiction, and I'm sure you guys are smart enough to figure out which personalities they are.

Hope this post helps at least one person!

IMO it's more the legislation surrounding drug use that really fucks people's lives up more that the drugs - especially with opiates. However, these are the times we;re living in so difficult to extricate the two. I;ve seen a few local chronic heroin users that are on the local diamorphine prescription scheme and you wouldn't believe the difference it;s made to their overall appearance, they look SO much healthier and are still injecting heroin each and every day. It's just that now they're in contact with health services and not blowing every penny on dirty street smack.

What a fucked up world we live where those in power would rather put hard drugs into the hands of uncaring criminals than the health service! Makes me sick.

They will ruin your life. If you let them. Been taking them 3 years on and off. Own my own business. Have a good girl friend who has good job. Have our house. No problems here. At first I started taking them and indeed they got me addicted but if you realize it then do somethinh about it I believe it's okay. OP , I hope you feel and get better.

I just wanted to give my opinion. I know it's bad but opiates are one of the best things that have happened to me. I'm constantly anxious and depressed, and I don't mean that common teenage angst. I mean since as long as I can remember I was always a little off, a little hazy (hard to explain) like I'm a little further away from my eyes. Since elementary school I've dealt with anxiety, but for some reason I never really told my parents, I always acted happy. I got really good at pretending I'm ok, I've had a panic attack (muscles locking up and everything) in the back of my friends car with 3 other people there and nobody noticed (granted, everyone was smacked XD). It's hard to have much fun doing anything, things I used to love to do. I'll watch a movie or play a game because it's better than being left alone with my thoughts, not because it's fun. I'll get this sudden awareness of how strange existing is (hard to explain) I think I'm stuck in an existential crisis or something. I'll look at my hands and they seem aline, weird, my body seems strange. I don't eat much (108lbs) and I don't sleep much. Then I take some opiates and that all goes away, maybe not completely, but the depression and anxiety for sure, it's wonderful! I can enjoy things. I genuinely smile and laugh instead of faking it =D. If this causes problems later on down the road it will be completely and totally worth it. What's the point of life if you're not enjoying it?

I am in no way condoning the use of opiates for depression or anxiety! This is a personal choice and it WILL come with consequences. If you have problems with anxiety/depression please talk to a professional don't copy what someone else said they did on a forum!

I know exactly how you feel. I suffer from extreme anxiety. But when I take a pain killer it's like it's gone. It only takes 10mgs for me, and the anxiety is gone. So I'll take them every now and then. Almost everything you said I feel the same way.

Well, then it's all about learning to deal with your anxiety in other ways.
I personally think automatic writing helps. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it is worth the effort manifold.
Sit somewhere quiet for five minutes and just write (or type) what comes into your head. No planning and no editing. I find it very cathartic. Good luck. x

Well, then it's all about learning to deal with your anxiety in other ways.
I personally think automatic writing helps. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it is worth the effort manifold.
Sit somewhere quiet for five minutes and just write (or type) what comes into your head. No planning and no editing. I find it very cathartic. Good luck. x

That's very helpful. Thank you.

Yes.. many things can truely ruin one's life. You don't want to find out and I'm not going to debate this.

Yes.. many things can truely ruin one's life. You don't want to find out and I'm not going to debate this.

If you don't want to debate, that is fine. It is a matter of opinion, and mine was made clear. My life, or anyone else's in my eyes will not, cannot, be ruined.

If you don't want to debate, that is fine. It is a matter of opinion, and mine was made clear. My life, or anyone else's in my eyes will not, cannot, be ruined.
I think I agree with you Alex. However I think you're both looking at the term "ruined life" differently.