• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Rotting teeth and Methadone $,4000 for dentist every 2 years!

Miss Kirsty

Bluelighter
I just found out from my pharmacist that ANYONE on Methadone in Australia regardless of income is intitled to $4,000 worth of dentistry every 2 years! Even if you are NOT on methadone anymore, because MMT is classed as "chronic sickness", you are still entitled to get you teeth done free!

Is anyone else aware of this?

So you're telling me I can save money by temporarily becoming a heroin addict?

^ not really, methadone costs nearly $2000 a year just paying for your daily dose.

Can you please provide more information on this? Does this apply to private dentist practices or public dentists? Is everything covered, such as fillings, root canals, removal, cleaning etc? What sort of limitations (apart from $4,000 every 2 years) are there, and what proof do you need to provide. Also, where do I sign up!?

Brimmy...Yeah mate!...Thats exactly what im saying...8(8o:X
"All you nice healthy people out there go on and get yourself a nice roaring heroin or morphine habit and you can go get some free dentist work." 8( Sheeeet man...Are you a fucking moron or what? :p I mearly found this out and searched BL to find anything similar, couldnt, so posted this to try and help people who may have suffered/ or be suffering ( as i have been) in agony with fucked teeth.....Fuck...why did i bother answering you????8(

Opi8....I only found this out yesterday and my pharmacist said " As long as I have been on a prescribed MMT program in Australia, that I am entitled to $4,000 every two years. Income is irrelivant and even if you leave or finish the MMT, if your teeth are fucked, you can still get it.":)

When i get more time ill check online...Chemist said i get a letter from my Doc and find a dentist thats in the scheme...So you find a dentist in your area who is in the scheme and sign up!

So 1. Letter from Dr.
2. find dentist

Easy as that apparently...( I live in Melb and dentists are a dime a dozen) I dont have a health care card but it dont matter...As long as you have/have had a chronic illness which anyone on MMT has, you are entitled...Also you keep getting it until you have finished! Even if it takes 10 years!!

How friggen cool is this? I have been in agony for 6 months...Nothing not a fucking thing will take my pain away...Except a dentist..Well no excuses...here I come.:(

Last edited:
Opi8 !! Oops...I didnt answer a few of your questions opi8 and ive made a bit of a mess up there in my last post...

Proof: Letter from your dosing Doc...He knows the one
Limitations: none. Get your whole mouth done. Whatever needs fixing.
Private and public Dentists both do it.

Hope that helps...M.K

OK I just had a look and i think this is what it is.....

Ohhhh and its $4250!!!!

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/fact%20sheet_dental-patients

Last edited:
Thanks Miss Kirsty, I'll be having this discussion with my doctor next time for sure. I've been avoiding seeing a dentist for years because of the cost. Plus I'm bloody English and you know how good our teeth are. You've been a great help, thank you.

Mate, thank you...I am happy that one person can now go get their teeth fixed...Did you check the link?

Not too sure about you English ;) Though I was married to a Scotsman who had been jailed for life...His teeth were amazing....Even in jail they didnt rot!

Mine, HA...I brush three times a day and they are going downhill fast...I am soo scared of dentist pain that i have been letting the back teeth just crumble daily...Pain gets soo intense that i literally start smacking myself in the head ( when i am alone of course)..But i wont get a needle in the roof of my mouth or the gums!!..Then i guess the tooth just gets "past it" and the pain stops...Only to begin 6 mths later on another tooth!!!

Last edited: