The Music Social Gig v. I'll Trade You My Shirt For A Grilled Cheese

Lol funny you mention that. Because I watched Punch Drunk Love last night, it rekindled my Paul Thomas Anderson love and I had realized I never caught There Will Be Blood. So I was downloading it last night and then I burned it tonight, and it's currently on pause. (The oil rig has just exploded and Jr. Plainview is deaf.) Anderson always does a wonderful job directing movies with his use of soundtracks going hand in hand. I can't believe I slacked for so long on There Will Be Blood. I plan to finish it in a little bit after some bong rips. I actually didn't realize it was Greenwood doing the score. I had picked up a very Godspeed you Black Emp-esque vibe from the score the moment the movie started. Visually and Earily fitting indeed.

I hear Greenwood is also doing the score for Anderson's next film "The Master." Which I believe will be PTA's take on organized religion from what I gathered around the internet. Looking forward to this movie as PTA never disappoints. And is definitely a modern day Leone with a dash of Scorsese in there.

The love story/comedy I think you're referring to is 50 First Dates. Punch Drunk Love was also done by Paul Thomas Anderson & the score was produced by Jon Brion (Who produced one of the more recent of Montreal albums.) It was Sandler's first serious role and it is extremely bizarre. It's visually pleasing in a pastel way and was definitely a nice break from Hollywood style flicks. It's amazing how Anderson got Sandler to do his role in PDL. The movie certainly isn't for everyone. But I definitely recommend it to you. Since we seem to normally be cut from the same cloth I tend to believe you would adore Punch Drunk Love. It had a similar visual approach as There Will Be Blood, but it's much much more of an indie type of film. Don't go into it expecting laughs just because Adam Sandler is in it. Anderson is a mastermind & he made a very bizarre, refreshing film with Punch Drunk Love. A lot of people probably dismissed it simply because Sandler was in it and they thought it sucked because of how weird it is. But like how I said The Good, The Bad & The Ugly is a painting, Punch Drunk Love would be a film that captures the feeling & emotions of a dream.

punch-drunk-love-rebecca-fisher.jpg

PS: Why don't you stop being invisible so people can know when the hell you're online?

^ Lol I don't really know, I just turned it on invisible a long time ago and never messed with it again

But oh I got those two movies mixed up for some reason, I have heard of PDL, I also heard just like you said it's not all comedy just because of Sandler.
I'll give it a go maybe tomorrow

And oh you've never finished There Will Be Blood, man it's such a great film imo, partly because I'm a DDL fanboi though lol. I had to watch it 2 or 3 times at first to really fully appreciate it as well
The rig explosion you're referring to though I think actually was done in one long take, which is pretty fucking hard to accomplish I'd imagine, I mean everything would have to go perfect, I'd guess, or the scene would be ruined or whatever

Also another fun fact, No Country for Old Men (which is another fucking awesome movie) was being filmed in the same location and the smoke from the huge fire canceled filming for that day because it was only like a half a mile away

Haha, that's crazy. Especially considering how the two films were duking it out for awards later that year.
My conclusion on There Will Be Blood is that I'm going to have to watch it again. I didn't fully absorb it I guess. It had the classic vibe and all the right bits, I just probably need to digest it one or two more times.

Did you happen to check out Punch Drunk Love yet?

Also how is everybody else? SirGrunge? Gonna check in with us tonight?!

hung out with waao and chickenscratch and listened to the most sleepy setting music ever.

only could have been better if they were all about george wallace

^ Jealous. Saw the pics, looked like a good time. :)

New Shins anybody? Wonderful production.

decided that The Throne - H•A•M is going to be playing in the movie of my life when i have to fight 10 armed people with a single bat

hard as a motherfucker

^ Yeah it's perfect old timey music

The Kossoy Sisters song, I'll Fly Away is one of my favorites from that movie

Thanks for the lubbz
I lurve me some sleep too, I can literally sleep like 18 hours on any given night if ya let me lol

Max Power, my man, how's it going
Fucking go post a pic in the lounge you pansy :]

Pretty sure my gf & just awoke for a 14 hour slumber.
And we're both still tired.

"if," pfft, tis gonna happen eventually, naysayer.

Fuck me captaincrawl is gone for good and there's a new MGMT album out there on the internet somewhere.
Woe is me.

Fuck me captaincrawl is gone for good and there's a new MGMT album out there on the internet somewhere.
Woe is me.

Are you sure? They barely began recording it at the end of last month.