MEGA: Rap/Hip Hop DISCUSSION thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DipsetOxy87

Bluelighter
gotta get somehting off my chest...all these artists, well alot of them id say 80% cry and bicker and say the same shit "raps changed, it aint shit..it sucks all these new people ruined it"..im sorry, i mean im an advocate of mid 90's biggie and 2 pac and wu...but cmon...music changes, shit changes...raps changed and its changed and morphed into what it is now....a bunch of auto tune, and poppy bubblegum catchy hooks..but...i love it, especially on drugs=D...but it gets me mad..cuz the people who r saying rap sucks now r the people who dont have the limelight anymore!!!!!!!!!!! its washed up fucksticks who got nothign else to do but get there name somewhere for talking about raps new change...there just mad because there not on the scene....does anyone feel the same way...people say raps changed...and shit which it has..and they sya it aint lyrical...i guess no1 really listens to what lil wayne, or ransom..or joe budden...or joell ortiz has to say...i could go on and on...its just annooying....sorry had to get it off my chest...and yes rap has changed....maybe for the worst...thats your opinion...but i think its changed all around..u got ur good music and ur bad music..the same how it was in 90's...ur good music and ur bad music....does any1 agree...u can agree to disagree but i think its bullshit8o

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the whole real/fake hip hop issue is pathetic. i like what i like regardless of what it's called. but yea i gotta say 90% of the shit on the radio is wack!

I'm a DJ and I listen to and play all kinds of music, and I pretty much hate the overall state of rap music right now. There are some rappers and groups that still do justice to hip-hop, but it's not near as frequent as it used to be. It's too much little kid shit, too much pop, and too much bullshit. I can't stand Lil Wayne either. He has NO subject matter what so ever, and it gets worse and worse with time. He raps kinda like how Allen Iverson plays basketball. He starts off okay, but all of a sudden, its just random and sporadic dribbling around and around and around, until a wild ass hit/miss shot is thrown up. People don't even give a fuck about their beats anymore. Back in the 90's there were live instruments used in production and even the samples were unique in the arrangement and in the whole creative process. There are so many elements missing now days, and it's sad. I remember when I could turn on the radio and hear good music, and now if I turn on the radio, it sounds like nails on a chalkboard. The rappers and groups that SHOULD get credit for actually having lyrical ability don't, it's all about what markets to the kids now. Oh yea, and fuck Soulja Boy.

I have a passion for music, so I can speak on it all day long if this actually turns into a decent discussion.

I'm a DJ and I listen to and play all kinds of music, and I pretty much hate the overall state of rap music right now. There are some rappers and groups that still do justice to hip-hop, but it's not near as frequent as it used to be. It's too much little kid shit, too much pop, and too much bullshit. I can't stand Lil Wayne either. He has NO subject matter what so ever, and it gets worse and worse with time. He raps kinda like how Allen Iverson plays basketball. He starts off okay, but all of a sudden, its just random and sporadic dribbling around and around and around, until a wild ass hit/miss shot is thrown up. People don't even give a fuck about their beats anymore. Back in the 90's there were live instruments used in production and even the samples were unique in the arrangement and in the whole creative process. There are so many elements missing now days, and it's sad. I remember when I could turn on the radio and hear good music, and now if I turn on the radio, it sounds like nails on a chalkboard. The rappers and groups that SHOULD get credit for actually having lyrical ability don't, it's all about what markets to the kids now. Oh yea, and fuck Soulja Boy.

I have a passion for music, so I can speak on it all day long if this actually turns into a decent discussion.

<-----has a passion to, as well as other bluelighters. i love lil wayne, i think eh does do justise to MUSIC not even just rap. obviously everyone knows he jumps to different genre's and he makes it sound good.

<-----has a passion to, as well as other bluelighters. i love lil wayne, i think eh does do justise to MUSIC not even just rap. obviously everyone knows he jumps to different genre's and he makes it sound good.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no. That prom queen shit is garbage.

Rap music today sucks plain and simple. They have nothing to say at all ever. Tupac had a message. Is there a message in that fucking fireman song I am missing?

Pretty much all music today sucks except in small underground circles

Rap music today sucks plain and simple. They have nothing to say at all ever. Tupac had a message. Is there a message in that fucking fireman song I am missing?

Pretty much all music today sucks except in small underground circles

agreed.
and im pretty sure the fireman song has something to do with cocaine haha.

i mean, imo rap before lilwayne (at least before he got BIG) was a lot better than it is now. rap music now is like... poprap.. kind of? its always played in clubs and shit.

i'd choose to listen to bone thugs over tpain/lil wayne anyday <3

the radio shit sucks. it's all the same beats on every track and every song has that fucking robot voice shit.

the underground shit, 90% of it sucks and can't hold a candle to 90s shit. a lot of it's even wacker than the radio shit.
there IS good underground shit, just nothing that competes with the classics.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no. That prom queen shit is garbage.

that prom shit was hardbody fam!!!!!! lol r u crazy...in an interview..he said hes trying to let his fans have an open mind, letting them step over into a new genre..rock, the ones who dont listen to it....if he wasnt so smart he wouldent be where he is:eek:....whcih is making music sound good..its funny how people say..he sucks blah blah its fucking bullshit..if he sucks so much he wouldent be making 1.2 million dollars a month doing shows...they pay him like 250 grand-350 grand to do one show...cmon now

Co-sign. There are a few artists that still make good music, but 80% of the rap that is out now, is fucking garbage.

lol, and?.....alot of trance music, house music and different dance music..dont have lyrics at all and its still hot

I agree with DipsetOxy all the way. Don't want to say much more than that, because if you get it then you get it. If you don't, you either keep your mouth shut and listen to whatever gives you a hard-on or waste time attacking something you admittedly have no way of understanding.

damn ludacris is on jimmy fallons show with the roots playing and some dude gettin ill on the tables

youtube this shit tomo, if this is the direction ludas goin its a pretty legit throwback style

that prom shit was hardbody fam!!!!!! lol r u crazy...in an interview..he said hes trying to let his fans have an open mind, letting them step over into a new genre..rock, the ones who dont listen to it....if he wasnt so smart he wouldent be where he is:eek:....whcih is making music sound good..its funny how people say..he sucks blah blah its fucking bullshit..if he sucks so much he wouldent be making 1.2 million dollars a month doing shows...they pay him like 250 grand-350 grand to do one show...cmon now

Talent has nothing to do with how much money you make. Look at Vanilla Ice, Soulja Boy, New Kids On The Block, any boy bands/girl bands. So you can throw that argument in the garbage with Lil Wayne.

Also, I don't like house/trance/techno music either.

I listen to music that is relevant and that means something, not just pointless bubble gum for middle school kids to recite in the hallways between classes.

On the right buzz the new hip hop robot voice thing can be tight! No one gets on my nerves more than Southern Rap. In houston our stations play almost nothing but Local shite. " Big rims, big booty hoes, I'm so cool with my gold teeth" etc. Blows.

lil wayne is a sick rapper.
he seems to save his good shit for mixtapes though (i'm guessing because it doesn't really matter if they sell a shitload or not.)

It's not the music that pisses me off so much anymore. I mean what are you gonna do...it's dance/party/club music. In 20 years, people will think it is just as outrageously cheesy as we think of crappy 80's music. It's the fashon model wannabe motherfuckers that piss me off. If I see Lil Wayne without his shirt off one more time, I'm going to shit on somebody. And I don't even watch videos! And Jim Jones for example, he got pissed when they didn't put him in the "Swagger like Us" song because he thinks he's the best dresser in hip-hop. Give me a fucking break with your pink shirt wearing bitch ass. I know that the definition of 'hip-hop' includes fashion, but these dudes are supposed to be rappers NOT models. And I mean, are there entire malls that only sell clothing lines from rappers? I have never seen a fucking piece of clothes made by a rapper other than G-Unit (which btw blows without Young Buck).

There's never going to be another classic age of hip-hop like there was in the 90s. All that has been done before.

A lot of the fact that rap sucks a lot more today is due to the audience (the ones paying money for CDs and shows). In the 90s rap had a much more devoted fanbase that took pride in the fact that they listened to rap and their girlfriends listened to bubble gum shit or R&B (even some R&B was tight then). The fanbase was much more hardcore. Nowadays you got 12 year old girls asking Daddy for money to buy The Carter 3 because they heard Lollipop on the radio...give me a fucking break

Status
Not open for further replies.