MEGA: Rap/Hip Hop DISCUSSION thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
im done posting here, the debate is stupid. ill leave you with this take your fav rapper from any era and take his career and weigh it against lil wayne's career....dont say it cant compare...well u wud be right cuz it CANT compare to waynes. hes making over a mill on shows a month. im done

...respect...his art? WTF? the guys raps about straight dumbass shit. i forgot about the lost art of selling crack and pimping hoes. His lyrics barely ever rhyme, or make sense, and his beats are shit. a milli, a milli, a milli, a milli, a milli

and what rappers do you like like canibus and shit, lol i dont wanna hear rhymes about mathematical equasions or russian space stations, i stick to whats hot, what i can bump in my car and what the girls like because frankly, thats what i enjoy.

So, if I'm reading this right, there is a split between mid 90's rappers versus the stuff from now? Well, I'm guessing I'm a bit older than you guys then, coz for me the big split was the early 90's. It might be heresy for me to say it but I never got into 2pac and Biggie. 2Pac's 'thug' lifestyle just didn't appeal - particularly when EVERYone else then wanted to be saying the same shit ad infinitum and Biggie had some of the lamest 80's sampling beats ever - the Police?! Fuck P.Diddy.

I fell out of love with hip hop when the mid 90's came along, so standing outside, I can see a continuum between then and now. The much bigger split was early 90's when there was such a huge array of styles and lyrical subject matters and beats, now it seems to be a split along party-pop rap and thug lifestyles. Where's the innovation?

im just going to pretend that i didnt hear what you said about biggie's beats. because apparently you have no clue what your talking about. biggie and pac made path's and are probabaly the 2 posterboy's for hip-hop, you got no clue what your saying

ill agree that biggie and pac made the path for what is going on today, but to even compare lil wayne to biggie or pac is like blasphemy.
oh and my favorite hip-hop artists are currently Celph Titled, Apathy, Louis Logic, Symmetry, and Reason. A couple of their albums put lil wayne to shame.

and what rappers do you like like canibus and shit, lol i dont wanna hear rhymes about mathematical equasions or russian space stations, i stick to whats hot, what i can bump in my car and what the girls like because frankly, thats what i enjoy.

THAT says a lot to me. Thats maybe what hip hop is about now, but I prefer a little innovation, a little creativity and a little excitement, not the bland lyrically generic shit that you apparently think is breaking boundaries. Still, it takes all tastes.

lol, show me where i comapred lil wayne to them, also im a fan of celph titled and apathy and reason. and no there albums dont put lil wayne to shame. if it did they wouldve sold more.

didnt say it was breaking boundries, to make a point do you put words in my mouth? lol ridicolous. you just love to hate wayne. hes doing it big and its people like you. your probaaly the type of kids who go out of your way to post on a youtube video of lil wayne saying how he sucks LOL

carter 3 did triple platinum. wayne brings somethin diff to the table, and whatever he brings is hot and whatever hes doing, it must be right. just admit it

wayne is worth i think a couple hundred million thats crazy for the rap game, if he sucked so bad rappers wouldent pay him 75 g's for one verse, to make an apperance on the song. oh man you guys got no clue what the hell youz are talkin about haha

lol, show me where i comapred lil wayne to them, also im a fan of celph titled and apathy and reason. and no there albums dont put lil wayne to shame. if it did they wouldve sold more.

your a fucking idiot the amount of people that buy something doesnt make it better that something that sold less. what the fuck!?!?!??! everything you say just makes you sound dumber and dumber. im having a good laugh watching you defend this shitty fucking "music" with everything you got like its important to you. wayne is a fucking dumbass who takes a bunch of drugs and talks about stupid shit while ryming words with the same word. its garbage and is marketed towards idiots and since the majority of the people are idiots it sold real well.

lol dont curse it shows how mad your getting, and you cant call 3 million people dumb. and when theres money involved, obviously they have some kind of talent thats getting them paid that much, eat a dik faggotsss!

its not that important to me pal, LOL its funny because everytime i voice my opinion, everyone else gets on the defense, like its IMPORTANT to you that lil wayne sucks so bad.

im done speaking, let his career like i said, speak for itself. and keep listening to your science raps. HAHA peace

lol dont curse it shows how mad your getting, and you cant call 3 million people dumb. and when theres money involved, obviously they have some kind of talent thats getting them paid that much, eat a dik faggotsss!

im not mad at all man im having fun getting a rise out of you. and YOU seem to HAVE to defend this "rapper" whenever someone has something bad to say that seems to be VERY important to you for some reason. and YES i will say it again those 3 million people YES 3 MILLION PEOPLE are FUCKING IDIOTS!

going platinum doesnt mean shit.
a list of other people who have gone platinum:

shania twain: come on over - 20x platinum
backstreet boys: backstreet boyts - 14x platinum
britney spears: ...baby one more time - 14x platinum
dirty dancing soundtrack - 11x platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.