MEGA: Rap/Hip Hop DISCUSSION thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
that prom shit was hardbody fam!!!!!! lol r u crazy...in an interview..he said hes trying to let his fans have an open mind, letting them step over into a new genre..rock, the ones who dont listen to it....if he wasnt so smart he wouldent be where he is:eek:....whcih is making music sound good..its funny how people say..he sucks blah blah its fucking bullshit..if he sucks so much he wouldent be making 1.2 million dollars a month doing shows...they pay him like 250 grand-350 grand to do one show...cmon now

hahah that just shows how much kids like you are all over his cock. lil wayne has all the white kids under some sorta spell makin the kids think hes fuckin god. ahh hes a black guy with tattoos and chains, ohh hhes sooooo coool, i dont fuckin get it that niga garbage,there are 100 of real MC's that are alive and better than him but dont get enough recognition

why people say raps changed because it went from comin from nothin and talkin bout real shit to talkin about unattainable things. i got this, i got that, more money than you it gets fuckin old, and thats all that is in most rapper now of days lyrics

there are some good artists out there still, but you cant find them on mtv and the radio. the 'rap' game changed but real hip hop never died. i love good music and there are still some good artists out there, they might not have the newest cars and the coolest videos but who the fuck cares

im gettin money and i got the plug
drought season in, chickens going for a dub
now how u love that. how u love that
sell it for a dub and i paying 10 flat
now thats profit all the time
got so many stacks and im still selling dimes
so u know i got the sack
try n' jack shit get ya wig pushed back
young juice man and i dont play like that

Oj+Da+Juice+Man.jpg

... all i need is a bangin beat with phat bass, lyrics about smokin weed, selling drugs, and fucking bitches that so much d in my trunk my speakers won't bump shit n' im str8.

<-----has a passion to, as well as other bluelighters. i love lil wayne, i think eh does do justise to MUSIC not even just rap. obviously everyone knows he jumps to different genre's and he makes it sound good.
gtfo.gif

IMO,90's rap is the best.it just mostly sucks now,and i agree with the older rappers who complain about it today.and these "washed up fucksticks" arent mad cuz theyre not on the scene,theyre mad because it really does suck ass...

also,i fuckin hate lil waynes voice...

Last edited:
There definitely was a HUGE change. Hip hop used to be a very underground thing, and now its the extreme opposite. Most "hip hop" you hear today is really just club music with a hip hop beat and gangster attitude. That being said I can still enjoy some of it for what it is, I can get down to some weezy, because you can tell that he KNOWS that his music is rediculous, and his style plays into that. The hip hop I really love is the more chilled out 90's stuff (in addition to gangsta rap too), but the game has really changed since back then. MUCH less emphasis on rapping, more emphasis on just repetitive talking. If you look at the demographic of people that listen to this stuff its mostly a younger group, and honestly it sends a pretty shitty message. You can even tell by all of the lyrics all these guys care about is the money, so they're going to make bland pop music to be marketed to the masses.

I think this club hip hop thing is just a phase but it is totally taking the real credibility away from true hip hop. (though im totally a fan of 808s, that much im down with)

I'd like to see hip hop get funky and soulful again.

I could say alot about this ish but Ima just put it on the record that I miss that grimey shit , the timberlands n black hoodies shit, i like it raw

Sometimes i take it back n just play somethin that i aint heard in a minute n i hear it like its all over again for the first time. i put on its dark and hell is hot n gave it a good listen thru and damn that shit STILL on point even 10 yrs later. aint NOTHING out on the radio like that now.

^it's too bad that dmx has had such problems and was forced to play up the dog persona so much. His true talent and ability was definitely masked by the time that album even came to light. I love it, don't get me wrong.

I also declared January 18th to be National DMX day.

Meh, I just think the good rap is still in the underground, as there's no mainstream market for the real grimey shit. I could list off dope-ass rappers all day that put out fire tracks, but not many of you guys would know who they are. I like rap that's real and that has a sense of humor -- this radio shit just doesn't cut it.

Lil Wayne is popular because he rips off the style of less popular rappers -- look up some Fat Bastard or Double T shit from 2004 or sooner, and you'll see exactly who Lil Wayne has been ripping off.

well then lil wayne must be doing something right. hes an artist, he covers different genre cuz he can...dont blame the fans. blame him for making catchy good music

Meh, I just think the good rap is still in the underground, as there's no mainstream market for the real grimey shit. I could list off dope-ass rappers all day that put out fire tracks, but not many of you guys would know who they are. I like rap that's real and that has a sense of humor -- this radio shit just doesn't cut it.

Lil Wayne is popular because he rips off the style of less popular rappers -- look up some Fat Bastard or Double T shit from 2004 or sooner, and you'll see exactly who Lil Wayne has been ripping off.

Jesus Christ, don't tell me you listen to DSR... They can go in the same garbage truck with Lil Wayne and Gucci Mane

well then lil wayne must be doing something right. hes an artist, he covers different genre cuz he can...dont blame the fans. blame him for making catchy good music

There is no logic in that what so ever. If that is the case then you are saying Backstreet Boys, N Sync, Brittney Spears, 98 Degrees, Jonas Brothers and shit like that is good music due to their mainstream success. Wayne is popular because a bunch of suburban white kids have no fucking taste.

On a side-note, I'm not saying I believe this whole study, but it is interesting never the less...

A study was done to relate the music a person listens to, with their IQ
Check the results
musicthatmakesyoudum2bla.png

http://musicthatmakesyoudumb.virgil.gr/

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2315392.ece

Wayne fans are dumbasses according to that.

lol thats exactly what im saying yes its all good music, all of it not to me thats my opinion. but if you suck, then you dont go mainstream point blank.

There is no logic in that what so ever. If that is the case then you are saying Backstreet Boys, N Sync, Brittney Spears, 98 Degrees, Jonas Brothers and shit like that is good music due to their mainstream success. Wayne is popular because a bunch of suburban white kids have no fucking taste.

On a side-note, I'm not saying I believe this whole study, but it is interesting never the less...

A study was done to relate the music a person listens to, with their IQ
Check the results
musicthatmakesyoudum2bla.png

http://musicthatmakesyoudumb.virgil.gr/

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2315392.ece

Wayne fans are dumbasses according to that.

i dont think that graph does justice lol. triple platinum can speak for itself. making 1 million dollars a month for just shows can speak for itself. every artist in the industry wanting wayne on there track speaks for itself.

i respect wayne as an artist. and cmon white suburban kids just didnt buy the album, and if they did id like to see where you read that. and did you ever see a lil wayne concert id say 85% is black.

I'm too lazy to read all the replies but rap and hip hop and not the same thing. Rap nowadays is a joke.

and people saying rap nowdays is a joke. well then i guess your listening to the wrong people LOL, theres plenty of good rappers who make meaningful tracks try ransom, joe buddens, joell ortiz. then come back to the thread

lol if you go back to my first post and read it you wouldent say that lol no they arent the same. in the publics eye rap is hiphop and vice versa. to people who pay attention to it they think different. READ

I read your title. I can only assume when you type "Hip-Hop/Rap" you mean to say they are one in the same.

edit - oh sorry, I forgot to add lol lol lol 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.