• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Midazolam 15mg Dormicum - recreational?

Jesus christ...I got some 5ml barrels, filtered the 15mg pills, and shot it... (two shots, one in a 1ml syringe, which didn't do much, and then the 3ml that were left over in the 5ml barrel)...I didn't wake up with a syringe in my arm or black out or anything, but I got completely destroyed...plus I drank a few glasses of wine, I couldn't even keep my eyes open. Got a good buzz for about 45 min then fell asleep. The rush was pretty good, but I guess I was expecting too much, something like an IV coke rush... Good nonetheless but that shit is STRONG.
Like tricomb said, it's almost too overpowering to enjoy... But the euphoria and sedation is top-notch.

A good way to counteract amnesia is to potentiate the sedation with a small dose of another CNS depressant, which isn't amnesic - hydroxyzine, promethazine, small opioid doses, tizanidine (Zanaflex) or another muscle relaxant - and slam less midazolam... You get equal sedation and euphoria without the amnesia.

ok i have been dealing with IV midazolam for a few months now and have it DOWN. first of all lemme tell ya guys i've been using the roche 7.5mg midazolam dormicums. they are quite annoying but, aside from the color of the dye on the pill coating, exactly the same as their 15mg counterparts ('cept for the dose... obviously... *ahem*).

before starting my ever-sexy step-by-step way to IV midazolam let me emphasize how important pH is during this entire process. until the pH of the midaz solution drops <~3 you're only gonna be gettin' a concentration 'tween 0.05 - 2 mg/ml. like other benzos, it is because the ring opens up, allowing epic aquaeous solutions to be made once your pH is 3 or less.

1. wipe six 7.5mg roche dormicums with alcohol pads until the white-colored coating is gone
2. crush 'em up real fine (it'll be a lot easier after the -OH scrub)
3. use a bit more than 3ml white distilled vinegar (pH =~ 2.7) and mix with pill powder
4. let this sit in a vessel (i use a 5ml luer lock syringe) and shake often
- the longer you let this sit the better in my experience but heat will help
5. backload another 5ml syringe with cotton and, after rinsing h2o through it, push the vinegar-midaz solution through
6. use a 0.2 micron filter on the resultant, cotton-filtered, super strong solution (should be ~15mg/ml if ya used the right amount of vinegar at the beginning [ you can even get it stronger than this, especially with the 15mg pills])
7. (OPTIONAL): i usually multiply the volume of vinegar i used by 2-3 and use that amount of bacteriostatic h2o or saline to wash the 5ml barrel with the cotton and pill junk left in it and micron it into another vial for dilution purposes*

you'll end up with, if you want, an incredibly strong midazolam solution dissolved in vinegar and, if ya did step 7, a solution you can dilute to an ideal pH for IV administration.

*your very strong undiluted vinegar solution should only be diluted immediately before use, EVEN THOUGH midazolam has a pka ~6 (which means it won't begin to precipitate out of solution until ~pH 6), all the literature i've read suggests this.

oh and if you wish to see any of this literature i made vague references too feel free to ask i'll throw the links up i'm just too lazy (and midazzed out).

hoe gaat't psychonauticunt? ik woonde in den haag voor zes jaar opgroeien en m'n nederlands is niet zo goed maar ik droom nog steeds in het meeste prachtige taal soms. ;) (dunno if that even makes sense grammatically maar wtf het is zes uur in de staten waarom ben ik nog wakker?

Last edited:
I don't IV, and have a pretty high benzo tolerance, but used to mix midazolam (sub-lingual or sub-buccal) with piles of dihydrocodeine tabs or morphine linctus - this is NOT a safe thing to do, let alone with street H, but the combined rush was pretty amazing for an hour or so. On it's own, it would be pretty low down my list of benzos to relax with: insanely short half-life, and if it doesn't knock you out, it just zombifies you.

But I've heard, as a poster above wrote, that there are some nasty fillers in dormicum tabs - and given the decent oral BA, can't see the point of IV'ing or snorting them (I've always found insufflating benzos to be a waste). How great can the rush be? It's just a benzo, used for pre-op aneasthesia/knock-out/amnesia. Each to their own, but I'd say Nitrazepam, Xanax, or Temazepam are a lot more enjoyable, with diaz the all-time classic fallback.

not to keep floggin' this thing but the vinegar extraction process i described above should ideally be done TWICE on whatever pill mush you have. don't be afraid to use the end vinegar-midaz solution as the solvent for the 2nd wash on the pill mush still in the syringe barrel cotton filter. or, after several solutions save up your pill mushes and vinegar 'em up (while using very little vinegar [50mg/ml is easily made this way]) .

i hope this clears a lotta stuff up about IV midaz but beware because it is extremely powerful, in fact the literature indicates that ~15-20mg is used to fully sedate a normal (meaning basically no tolerance to benzos, no other drugs in system, blah blah), adult human.

ok i have been dealing with IV midazolam for a few months now and have it DOWN. first of all lemme tell ya guys i've been using the roche 7.5mg midazolam dormicums. they are quite annoying but, aside from the color of the dye on the pill coating, exactly the same as their 15mg counterparts ('cept for the dose... obviously... *ahem*).

before starting my ever-sexy step-by-step way to IV midazolam let me emphasize how important pH is during this entire process. until the pH of the midaz solution drops <~3 you're only gonna be gettin' a concentration 'tween 0.05 - 2 mg/ml. like other benzos, it is because the ring opens up, allowing epic aquaeous solutions to be made once your pH is 3 or less.

1. wipe six 7.5mg roche dormicums with alcohol pads until the white-colored coating is gone
3. use a bit more than 3ml white distilled vinegar (pH =~ 2.7) and mix with pill powder
5. backload another 5ml syringe with cotton and, after rinsing h2o through it, push the vinegar-midaz solution through
6. use a 0.2 micron filter on the resultant, cotton-filtered, super strong solution (should be ~15mg/ml if ya used the right amount of vinegar at the beginning [ you can even get it stronger than this, especially with the 15mg pills])
7. (OPTIONAL): i usually multiply the volume of vinegar i used by 2-3 and use that amount of bacteriostatic h2o or saline to wash the 5ml barrel with the cotton and pill junk left in it and micron it into another vial for dilution purposes*

you'll end up with, if you want, an incredibly strong midazolam solution dissolved in vinegar and, if ya did step 7, a solution you can dilute to an ideal pH for IV administration.

*your very strong undiluted vinegar solution should only be diluted immediately before use, EVEN THOUGH midazolam has a pka ~6 (which means it won't begin to precipitate out of solution until ~pH 6), all the literature i've read suggests this.

oh and if you wish to see any of this literature i made vague references too feel free to ask i'll throw the links up i'm just too lazy (and midazzed out).

hoe gaat't psychonauticunt? ik woonde in den haag voor zes jaar opgroeien en m'n nederlands is niet zo goed maar ik droom nog steeds in het meeste prachtige taal soms. ;) (dunno if that even makes sense grammatically maar wtf het is zes uur in de staten waarom ben ik nog wakker?

ARGHHHH, I did it this way this time, used 2ml white vinegar and 1ml of water for one 15mg pill...banged the whole thing. It didn't do a goddamn thing except burn the fucking living SHIT out of my veins oh my fucking god my hand hurts so goddamn much and I didn't even miss! Fuckkkk.... Anyways, now I'm drinking some wine and took 4mg clonazepam to calm down but still...fuck!

Hey Cretination or any other member with a knowledge of chemistry , can water ph level be brought down to 3 with a citric acid instead of a vinegar, ? Wouldn't citric acid be preferable for injection instead of a vinegar?

Last edited:
I know this ain't what ya wanna hear but trust me from experience it's much better sublingually.

I know this ain't what ya wanna hear but trust me from experience it's much better sublingually.

Was safety your primary concern making this suggestion or are there other reasons behind your answer. When I say safety, I don't disagree, iv route of administration is extremely dangerous I am aware of that, I hope others are too.

Sublingual is my favorite method of administration.. Don't wanna wake up with a syringe in my arm!
1x1.jpg

i'll agree with saying that sublingual is a much preferable route of administration to cooking up pills. midazalom is one of the few benzos that's actually water soluable, so i always figured that in theory it should be fun but in practice it never really was.
however, back in the day i some times managed to get my hands on proper injection solution, and no matter how much i dicked around with cooking up the pills, a 15mg pill cooked up still felt vastly inferior to 5-10mg in form of the solution.
still, one of the most fun benzos to abuse.

doesn't matter if it's water soluble or not, I sublingual my alprazolam and triazolam and in fact pretty much all benzos, for faster onset and whatever isn't SL'd is swallowed orally, to enjoy a huge oral BA, like temazepams is like 96% IIRC, and I feel it within 5 minutes vs 10-15 orally.

I've tried the Dormicum pills (took them orally) and I was quite disappointed, to say the least. Either my expectations were way too high for the drug or I didn't take enough. It was nothing like triazolam, nitrazepam, or temazepam. I felt something, but didn't get the intense sedation that I would normally get with triazolam, temazepam or nitrazepam.

it's all a matter of dosage in my mind. triazolam especially is ultra-potent and ultra-fun and i've taken something in the vicinity of 300-450mgs of midazolam at times somewhat sublingual, but eh my benzo tolerance was very high at that point anyway.
it's very easy for me to reach a point with benzos were i can take them like smarties and feel almost sweet fuck all. it's very similar with the gaba analogues (bar ghb/gbl), if i binge on them my tolerance gets so sky high that i have to consume them in grams.
sorry for the rant, i'm kinda high.

IMO IV'ing midazolam is a good way to wake up with a syringe in your arm.

If your midazolam is an IV prep then you need to lower the PH of the water. As 15mg midazolam is still not readily soluble in say 1ml tap water with a PH around 7. It becomes readily soluble when the water is under a PH of 4.

I've seen it happen to a couple of friends. Highly amusing. Guy prepares his shot, draws, and presses it down. He looks real fucked up for a short while and then slumps over. The worst ones have tried to get up and walk, at which point I've told them they shouldn't - nope, too late, some just fall like ragdolls. Then they come to once it's done, and just ask "what the fuck happened?" I tell them the story and they always act slightly surprised. "Yeah, you shot up DC again. Yeah, I had to pull the needle out. Kinda gross. You hit your head on the bench and passed the fuck out. Kinda hilarious."

I videotaped one such incident for a friend of mine because he'd never done a successful Midazoslam (whoa! awesome portmanteau if I do say so myself - although it sounds like Dr. House's finishing move, if he was a WWE Wrestler) - ie. shooting it and just going "the fuck?" moments later. He found it pretty funny, although embarrassing, and decided it's probably not the smartest thing to do. :D

If you can titrate it right, I've heard it's a nice rush though. As I think I said before, adding other, non-amnesic sedatives (or better yet, muscle relaxants) to the mix makes it more enjoyable with less amnesia.

I think any benzodiazepine would provide a severe knock out effect if it were shot intravenously. Immediate intoxication with any benzodiazepine can be very overwhelming for anyone. It is common with IV lorazepam as well. People just quickly get KO'd and wake up not remembering the experience at all. However, depending on your tolerance, I think some can overcome that intense rush of sedation and still stay up. I think I can manage to stay up after a midazolam shot, depending on the dose given to me.

I think any benzodiazepine would provide a severe knock out effect if it were shot intravenously. Immediate intoxication with any benzodiazepine can be very overwhelming for anyone. It is common with IV lorazepam as well. People just quickly get KO'd and wake up not remembering the experience at all. However, depending on your tolerance, I think some can overcome that intense rush of sedation and still stay up. I think I can manage to stay up after a midazolam shot, depending on the dose given to me.

Pretty much. I don't think it has that much to do with the person as an individual as much as their tolerance, simply. If a person has high benzo tolerance, the normal anaesthetic shot might leave them woozy, but clearly awake. All benzos are amnesic and sedative, and IV the effect is much more pronounced. I'm sure just about anyone could stay up after a midazolam shot, provided the dose is in balance with their tolerance. More tolerance, more midazolam. [/captain obvious]

In fact, if I was in an ER or surgery, I would ask what they're going to inject me with, and if they said IV lorazepam or midazolam, I would tell them to slightly increase the dosage, as I am on this medication and have a tolerance.

Its practical application in medicine is both anaesthesia and retrograde amnesia. With a sufficient dose - for that purpose - you should pass out and forget everything. If you have a tolerance, or take less, then that will not happen. It's a fine line, though, so I always tell people to take less midazolam than their benzo tolerance would indicate, and add other non-amnesic sedatives just to be on the safe side.

According to studies done by Michael Robertson from the San Diego Medical Examiner's office and Dr. Mahmoud El Sohly of El Sohly Laboratories, midazolam and temazepam are the two benzos most used in date rape situations. Midazolam pills, even though they aren't available in the US, are relatively common thanks to the world of online pharmacies.