• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Midazolam 15mg Dormicum - recreational?

EveryStar

Bluelighter
Well, where I live (Portugal), midazolam 15mg (Dormicum) tabs are readily available and very, very cheap (as are the other benzos, namely Rivotril/clonazepam). Over the last few days I've gone through over 20 of the 15mg Dormi's, but I still can't figure out the best way to use them. I tried IVing the, but when I put the crushed powder from the pill into the spoon and add water, then try to filter it, I manage to get this bluish-tinted solution into the rig, and then banging that doesn't seem to give me that so-called crazy euphoric rush I hear about which is associated with IV midazolam.

How should I go about it? The best way I've found of taking them so far is sublingually, letting them fully dissolve under my tongue, and then maybe having a few beers, which seems to help potentiate the effects. The junkies out here shoot the 15mg Dormi's, they say it gives them this crazy rush, so there must be something I'm not doing right, or is there another way to effectively use these pills in a recreational way?

Last edited:
Check the solubility at different pH levels. Make sure you're not using too little water; I know midazolam is water soluble, but I think it's solubility increases as pH drops. There should be a couple of charts around here somewhere, I know I was reading one the other day on the water soluble benzos, so take a look for that my friend. I must say I'm very envious of you. :) They must be awesome to mix with an opiate if one were an opiate fan such as myself.

there's not alot of euphoria associated with IV midazolam. It's more euphoria than any other benzo, but it's not even true euphoria.

Stick to snorting or plugging it

Each to their own- I reckon that Midazolam is the most fun of benzos to abuse, it has the best balance of sedation/euphoria/relaxation for me.

IV is overhyped, but it's the only benzo that I would ever shoot again (having injected a whole bunch now- a whole load of benzo vials fairly recently, then located some PG and did a couple more experiments). I have shot hypnovel 15mg pills (which are exactly like dormicium) as well as 7.5mg pills and they work fine if you have access to a couple of wheel filters to run everything through. IV-usage is the only progressive thing about NZ drug law- I can get all the wheel filters of whatever gauge I want (plus I've Iv'd plenty of vials and have always enjoyed it) but I can't get on MMT. Ahh, unintended irony.

If they're cheap, definately go for them. The only bad thing about them is their low oral bioavailability (compared to all other benzos)- if you don't wanna go down the IV route snorting or plugging them does work very well. Midazolam is the only benzo that can be easily abused via all ROA, which is nice I suppose? Snorting hurts a bit though.

IMO IV'ing midazolam is a good way to wake up with a syringe in your arm.

If your midazolam is an IV prep then you need to lower the PH of the water. As 15mg midazolam is still not readily soluble in say 1ml tap water with a PH around 7. It becomes readily soluble when the water is under a PH of 4.

Some old timer I used to know that loved to shoot these (with heroin no less), use to call it "Medazzlin'" lol. Dude was insane though. And he's pretty much on his death bed these days I hear. To answer your question, though, I have no idea. I've only had one single pill of it in my life and I wasn't all that impressed. I was more or less just retarded IIRC.

So how the fuck do I shoot these pills? I tried earlier, put citric acid and everything to lower the pH of the solution, but I'm not completely sure it worked...

there's not alot of euphoria associated with IV midazolam. It's more euphoria than any other benzo, but it's not even true euphoria.

Stick to snorting or plugging it

Btw I tried snorting those motherfucking 15mg Dormicums...burns like shit and as soon as it goes up my nose it makes me cough really bad...is this normal? And I didn't get much of an effect from that either...sublingual seems to work best, from my experience.

Yes, it's normal.

Plug, take orally, sublingually, shoot or if u want to insufflate extract midazolam from pills with alcohol and pour on creatine/snuff & let it dry.

So wait, can I just crush up the 15mg Dormicums (blue Roche brand) and snort them right up? Or is there some kind of special process I need to go through to extract the midazolam to make it suitable for insufflation? Same thing for IV. How do I shoot these pills? The junkies around here what they do is wipe off the blue coating, add water, citric acid (the kind that comes in powder, around here they give you these kits with two syringes, two alcohol swabs, two cotton filters, two cookers, two packs of citric acid, distilled water and a condom, pretty useful if you ask me :)), mash the pills up good until you're left only with powder, then filter and shoot. Is that the right way to do it?? I have a bunch of these 15mg Dormi's and I'e love to be able to get that IV midazolam rush I hear so much about.

So how do I shoot these Dormicums? I would really like to experience that IV midazolam rush. What preparation is needed to prep these pills into into an injectable solution? Can anybody give me step-by-step instructions?

snorting will make u cough

sorry im high now

preparation is easy, just crush, dissolve 3 min, dont heat, filter, shoot

my dormicums don't have any coating

Ok, kinda bad form to leave this out:

How I've prepped all my midazolam pills has been the same way- crush up the pills, run through a less than .2ug micronfilter then filter the resulting solution with a .2ug (the smallest) microfilter into a sterile rubberstopped 10ml vials w 1ml = 2mg. This is probably not gonna be the situation most people are gonna be in (easy access to micron filters), at which point I'd filter them several times as they contain some fairly nasty inactives (which is why it burns SO MUCH when you snort them). But on the scale of things, midazolam pills are pretty similiar to prepping the simple diluadid (hydromorphone) pills (water, sit, filter, no heat).

As for adjusting the ph- that is true, but at the same time is bullshit. If you needa mess with the ph so you can cram more midazolam in your needle barrel you are heavily addicted to benzos and probably should be moved onto clonazepam and tapered off. I mean, I don't mean to sound like a cunt- but with micron filters & Captain Heroins micronfilter guide I no longer get a 10 sheet of 7.5mg hypnovel of a month, I get about a 4.5 10ml 1ml/2mg sterile vials of midazolam a month without having to mess around with ph or anything ;).

As for the dose itself- always start by shooting 1mg. If you go down the IV route the 15mg are (initially, before tolerance) are a goldmine. Before I got a massive tolerance 1 15mg tab would be converted into 3-5 fully satisfying blasts. I seemed to always need lower doses, I feel 1mg and 2-4mg will have me feeding damn good without it being black-out-with-a-needle-in-your-arm, one benzo-naive girl took 5mg (from a vial, so it was 100% legit) her first time didn't black out and had a blast, but in general start at 1-2mg and work your way up mg by mg as the line between bliss and short coma is very thin when you IV.

If you're worried about track marks stay far, far away. IV Midazolam is nothing more than heroin for anesthesologists- if you're already in 'the game' as such as you can get midazolam cheap it's only because people obviously don't know that you can easily prep them from IV and make them go so much further (smallest midazolam pill = 7.5mg, standarad midazolam vial = 5mg)- if you have access to micron filters and all that good shit (which you should if you're in Portugal, which is fairly liberal I believe?) then 1 15mg is potentially 3 vials. None of this is harm reduction at all, it's drug escalation- but never the less, midazolam is generally considered the 'grail' by IV benzo users due to its solubility in water. IV midazolam use has also been noted as being particularly dangerous and addictive. Sooner or later you have to take responsibility for your decisions, no matter what they may be.

So just dissolve in water, mash up the pill, filter and shoot? No citric acid necessary? (to lower the pH)?

Because here they're ridiculously easy to get, I can go to the pharmacy and get a pack of 14 of the 15mg Dormicums for less than 5 bucks...and on the street for a buck a pop...but I've taken then sublingually until now, with a few beers it seems to work great, everytime I try to shoot them something goes wrong, or the needle clogs, or it doesn't dissolve properly...I don't know. I bought another 8 tabs today right now I took 2 of them sublingually with a couple of beers and it's pretty damn euphoric... But goddamn do I want to feel that IV midazolam RUSH.

It's honestly too overpowering to enjoy. It's like your too high to even remember the experience. I've always dosed it too high though.

It's honestly too overpowering to enjoy. It's like your too high to even remember the experience. I've always dosed it too high though.

Then it's no wonder you don't remember shit- it's clincial use is primarily to enduce amnesia so that even if your anesthetologist fucks up and you wake up (for 12 seconds before you get more propofol) you won't remember it anyway.

The pills are easy to deal with, what you want is water soluble and what you don't want largely isn't and can be easily filtered out (particularly if you have micron filters). I'm actually suprised by the lack of anti-abuse technology. You can use critic, it should (theoretically) allow you to absorb a greater amount of midazolam into a smaller amount of liquid...but as has been mentioned above you're fairly likely to blackout if you take a too high dose so I've never adjusted the ph when dealing with midazolam. I could, but it's just unnecessary.

Just remember that a clinical, knock-you-the-fuck-out, preanesthetic (for humans) midazolam IV vials contain 5mg. 5mg should put a normal human to sleep- know you tolerance and be careful. As I said, 1 15mg pill properly prepped = 3 clinical IV vials, and I would never shoot a whole vial at once unless I really wanted to go to sleep. So if you do IV and can get the pilss cheap....well then, you better be careful you don't develop a gorilla of a tolerance. It's simply because the oral dosage and the IV dose are so different- there's almost no difference in dose-size with oral vs IV diazepam, for instance.

As for the cheapness- that's fucking insane! You pay EXTRA here for midazolam because you CAN shoot them so easily! Junkies gobble them up, there is even an insane cocktail with a name (though it may just be one group of insane junkies)- Mi-Meth-An'Done (Midazolam-methadone-methamphetamine), "Just going to have some mi-meth'andone- won't be a tick"

Last edited:
Midazolam is a recreational benzo, but I was personally disappointed with it when I did it. I took it orally and let's just say it was no triazolam, temazepam, or nitrazepam. IV midazolam would've probably been a different experience and probably would've been much better.

I still have not found a benzo more recreational or euphoric than temazepam, and I've tried a vast number of benzos - diazepam, clonazepam, alprazolam, temazepam, brotizolam, bentazepam, midazolam, triazolam, chlordiazepoxide, lormetazepam, flunitrazepam, flurazepam, phenazepam, nordazepam, prazepam, estazolam, nitrazepam, bromazepam, clorazepate, oxazepam, and lorazepam.

My favorites are temazepam, nitrazepam, lormetazepam, triazolam, brotizolam, flunitrazepam, and diazepam out of the ones listed above. Temazepam is #1 though IME.