• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

New Opana ER Formulation - I got it :(

No offense to anyone but I haven't read a bit of this thread, I just wanted to make a comment based on the title of the thread (despite the fact it's ancient).

I've tried to announce in several threads now, and it doesn't seem to be catching on as fast as I thought it would.

That announcement is that the ORIGINAL OPANA ER formulation HAS RETURNED. It started shipping Jan 4/5 and has reached some pharmacy shelves and most pharmacy wholesale distributers/warehouses. It is the first generic available in ALL Opana ER strengths and is made by the generics divsion of Impax, known as Global. They bought their way into being able to produce them, again, ORIGINAL formula of Opana ER (i'll let readers decipher what that means on their own).
If your pharmacy doesn;t have it in stock yet, call ahead and have them order it for you (as this msg is directed towards the legitimate CPPs who were negatively affected by the change in formulation to Opana.

Funny -- one of the reasons how Global was able to buy their way into production was because they "proved" to the FDA that their generic version of the original formula was safe and effective as Endo's current formulation.

Endo could have cared less about the abuse of the original IMO (maybe got some heat from DEA but what do they care), they just wanted to re-patent a new formula.

And at this point it's not like its available for anybody to make as a generic, GLobal still had to pay off Endo. Anyway. WHat concerns us is that Opana ER is BACK!

Anybody have any confirmation of this?

I don't know if Rakaur will read this, but maybe it will help someone else. You got called out because you can fool some people, but not a group of addicts and partiers. Opana ER is notgoing to compare to shooting dillies and your tolerance was too high.

I am chronic pain patient. Dilles did the best for my pain, but as noted, they did not last but 4 hours tops. I like snorting them, not shooting them. I realized something early on. If I partied with my pain meds, I would fuck up the very thing thing I needed most and eventually ruin my doctors trust. So I don't party with the opiates. If I wanna get high, I smoke weed.

Like many PM docs, he wanted to go the Extended release route. I decided to let him do his jpob and "manage" my pain. I made it clear, I needed enough to stop looking grumpy or sad. I wanted to smile and not be high on them.

Exalgo was still too expensive even after insurance and a $100 coupon card. I couldn't afford the copay on a regular basis.

Enter OPANA ER. Yes. They are the new ones; concave on both sides. I believe ENDO bought that paatent and reformulated to milk the market for maximum profits.

I am now dialed in pretty good. 20mg 2X a day and five IR dilaudid for breakthough. I use them mostly because the Opana ER only lasts about 9 or 10 hours at best. The dilaudid covers the in between times or when it is imperative I not worry about neck pain or am stressed causing pain. The Opana ER sometimes makes me alittle groggy. Gotta figure out how to beat that.

For those who complain about the new uncrushable tablets and how hard it is to beat.. Tough titty. It's the abusers that created the need for tamper resistant pills and now those who NEED them, pay more.

Had to get my 2 cents in. Wish I was in a state that had MMJ so I could find pick and choose my what I get. Sativa makes me anxious and exacerbates my neck pain. Indica is very relaxing and loosens up the muscles.

Last edited:
Well its back. The 20s and 10s are good. It is like global pharm corrected all the things that sucked about the old form. No pizza dough taste and breaks down easy for quick pain relief.

what are the new original formula opanas markings? like on the pill, are these the "G7_" pills or the ones with the cresent moon on one side?

G37 was the tens and they smoke the moons b/c they dont shred your nose from what I HAVE HEARD

I'm new her so please bare with me. I just recently had my 3rd back surgery. (L4, l5, s1 fusion) . I'm having a helluva time with pain. I was just switched from 6 15mg ms contains er and 6 5mg oxycodone per day to this crappy opanaer 10mg twice daily. I started theopana today. I've been in withdrawl all day. Is there honestl anything I can do to feel better...and get some pain relief? This is such crap!!!! I'm open to anything other than iv. I just don't want to waste any. I just wanna get some of the drug in my system. PLEASE HELP! !!!

I'm new her so please bare with me. I just recently had my 3rd back surgery. (L4, l5, s1 fusion) . I'm having a helluva time with pain. I was just switched from 6 15mg ms contains er and 6 5mg oxycodone per day to this crappy opanaer 10mg twice daily. I started theopana today. I've been in withdrawl all day. Is there honestl anything I can do to feel better...and get some pain relief? This is such crap!!!! I'm open to anything other than iv. I just don't want to waste any. I just wanna get some of the drug in my system. PLEASE HELP! !!!

I just switched off the Opana ER's. They were giving me splitting headaches. Too bad, because they were working at first.

Many PM docs will start you off at lower doses of the extended release opiates. Once it builds up in your system, you typically need less mg's per day is the theory. I started with the 10's. I told the doc that it kept withdrawals at bay, but the dillies for breakthrough were still the primary pain relief for me and I was watching the clock all the time for my next dose. Specifically, I told him that the day before, it seemed as if the DVR said 5:18 for 15 minutes!!! 6pm was my next dosing of the breakthough pain med.

It does take several days for it to build up in the system, but the 12 hour OP's really only lasted about 9 to 10 hours tops. Phone them and tell them what is going on. If you are opiate tolerant (you seem to be), then he may go ahead and bump you up to the next dosage level (20mg). I hope it works well for you once they get you dialed in right.

At first I was elated and thought we were "there". Unfortunately, the headaches became daily and when I called and told them that, they called back and said that is sometimes a side effect for some people. They switched me to the Fentanyl patches. Years ago, I had already forecasted in my mind that was where I would wind up anyway. Only been my second day on them, but it was nice to wake up with no pain and not feel arthritic and have achy hands, back, and neck. Hope it stays that way.

good luck. Stay in touch.