Bluelight

Thread: New Opana ER Formulation - I got it :(

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details

Generics for what? Most opana ER formulations there are none. Only the 7.5 and 15 mg dose that are crushable, which IMO is a really odd dose... Although looking back on my doctor first trying to prescribe 7.5 MG I wonder why he chose that over 5 mg and 10 mg... oh well.

2. Collapse Details

To whom it may concern:
    THIS POST IS FOR INFORMATION USE ONLY. THEREFOR I AM NOT LIABLE ON WHAT YOU DO WITH THIS INFORMATION. IF YOU ARE ALREADY GOING TO USE DRUGS IMPROPERLY THEN PLEASE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU RESEARCH ABOUT THE DRUG. READ ABOUT AND THIER SHORT TERM AND LONG TERM EFFECTS ON THE HUMAN BODY BEFORE USING ANY NEW DRUG. IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED YOU USE ANY DRUG UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN AUTHORIZED TO DO SO BY A LICENSED PHYSICIAN. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. IMPROPER USE OF DRUGS MAY LEAD TO SERIOUS INJURIES IN THE BRAIN, ORGANS, AND MAY ALSO BE FATAL. DON’T SAY YOU HAVEN’T BEEN WARNED!

The only drug based on my knowlege that is still crushable that can give you the same opiate high is something called:
    “Dilaudids" (Pronounced del-ad-dids)

I’m a recovering addict and I have been clean for the past 8 months. I don’t suggest you use drugs. The drugs slowly took away everything from me. My job, My family, My friends, and if I kept going down that road they would of taken me was well. Thank God I stopped myself without having to go to rehab (But if I was too weak to do it alone I would go). I got prescribed suboxone (Kills the craving for opiates and temporarily gets rid of withdrawals) and kept busy working and spending time with my family and drug free friends. It was a long and dreadful period for me to get back on my feet.

So listen If you could support the habit and your drug of choice has no terrible side effects on your body then GO FOR IT! But Most of us are not able to support the habit and the addiction to these drugs. And because of that this addiction makes us do things we would never imagine doing like: stealing from our own families, and our friends, even strangers…So USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! And If you’re unfortunately going to use then MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’RE GETTING YOURSELF INTO. To all the people out there who are still using. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST! Do yourself a favor and get help and kill the addiction before it kills you! If you have insurance then ask your doctor about suboxone. It will temporarily kill the cravings and the withdrawal symptoms. Once you're on suboxone I recommend you keep yourself busy with either school or a job. Boredom is one of the key triggers to use.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO QUIT:
    Congratulations! you’re making a good choice! I know it’s hard to let such a “euphoric” feeling from the pill leave your life. I still have cravings even now here and there. Not for the pill just for that feeling. Until you get professional help here is some advice that should help you control the cravings.

Note: If you’re and addict that wants and is putting effort to quit drugs then you are considered an addict in recovery.

Please do your best to do the following before use of drugs. This advice is to help you prevent yourself from using.

1) This won’t be easy but you are going to have to dis-communicate yourself from all you current friends who are still using. If you choose to continue seeing and talking to them then you are putting yourself at risk of having a slip. Once they get clean then you may associate yourself with them.
    2) Tell a close SOBER FRIEND who you are comfortable with about you addiction. Ask your friend if you could call or text them if at anytime you get a craving and if they could please talk you out of doing it. AND FOR YOUR OWN SAKE DO YOU’RE BEST TO CALL THEM. YOUR LIFE MAY DEPEND ON THAT CALL.
    3) If you get craving and your friend is not available then relax yourself and think about all the “Pain Remembrances” The drug has caused you for example: Family fights, stealing, loosing friends, family, loosing or potentially loosing your job, and whatever other bad memories you may have. Remind yourself its the pill that you want to take now thats the cause of all this pain in your life. Use this and the craving should hopefully weaken or disappear (This works like a charm for me).
    4) If withdrawals are getting bad then ask your doctor about suboxone. Suboxone is meant to help you feel sober by temporarily putting the withdrawals and the cravings to sleep. This is made so that you can relearn how is it to be sober and get a job, go to school, be with your family, make new sober friends, and function like a normal human being again. It’s like a miracle drug for opiate addicts who want to quit.

Note: Once you learn to how to stay sober and you have cut down your dose of suboxone you will then have to go through the withdrawals. If I find that there is a way to not go through the withdrawals I will keep you guys posted!

Note: (This reference is directly from my doctor) Suboxone is not harmful to your body what so ever in any amounts. So no need to worry about overdose!

Good luck to all of you! If you have any questions or need any help I’ll be glad to be of service! :-)
    Last edited by thetruthseeker; 25-01-2013 at 19:04.

3. Collapse Details

This was an actual chronic pain patient that couldn't get pain relief from their meds. This thread is actually pretty old, but thank you for your advice. The issue with Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) is that it has such a short duration, so it's not a much of a viable option for a lot of chronic pain patients. They need things that will last. Also, you might want to edit out that price discussion, as it's not allowed.

Thank you for your effort, though, and welcome to BL.

4. Collapse Details

Thank you for the welcome and for the advice. I don’t know about the short duration of dilaudids but back when I was using dilaudids it was better then Roxies (aka Blues) which had no effect on me anymore. The dilaudids lasted for over 2 hours on me and if I took enough like 2-3 of them in a row I would feel better then if i took a full opana.

Anyway I hope the information was useful. And thanks for the advice I did edit the entire post to make it perfect for other readers. I signed up to help others quit their addiction. I want to fight against this terrible drugs that nearly ruined and almost took the lives of my friends and my own as well. We all need to help each other and I believe that only WE “The Addicts who got clean” Could help other addicts get off the drugs. Sober people don’t understand and they never will understand unless they experience it for themselves. Do you agree with me?

5. Collapse Details

No offense to anyone but I haven't read a bit of this thread, I just wanted to make a comment based on the title of the thread (despite the fact it's ancient).

I've tried to announce in several threads now, and it doesn't seem to be catching on as fast as I thought it would.

That announcement is that the ORIGINAL OPANA ER formulation HAS RETURNED. It started shipping Jan 4/5 and has reached some pharmacy shelves and most pharmacy wholesale distributers/warehouses. It is the first generic available in ALL Opana ER strengths and is made by the generics divsion of Impax, known as Global. They bought their way into being able to produce them, again, ORIGINAL formula of Opana ER (i'll let readers decipher what that means on their own).
    If your pharmacy doesn;t have it in stock yet, call ahead and have them order it for you (as this msg is directed towards the legitimate CPPs who were negatively affected by the change in formulation to Opana.

Funny -- one of the reasons how Global was able to buy their way into production was because they "proved" to the FDA that their generic version of the original formula was safe and effective as Endo's current formulation.

Endo could have cared less about the abuse of the original IMO (maybe got some heat from DEA but what do they care), they just wanted to re-patent a new formula.

And at this point it's not like its available for anybody to make as a generic, GLobal still had to pay off Endo. Anyway. WHat concerns us is that Opana ER is BACK!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ReversiblePulpitis View Post
    No offense to anyone but I haven't read a bit of this thread, I just wanted to make a comment based on the title of the thread (despite the fact it's ancient).

I've tried to announce in several threads now, and it doesn't seem to be catching on as fast as I thought it would.

That announcement is that the ORIGINAL OPANA ER formulation HAS RETURNED. It started shipping Jan 4/5 and has reached some pharmacy shelves and most pharmacy wholesale distributers/warehouses. It is the first generic available in ALL Opana ER strengths and is made by the generics divsion of Impax, known as Global. They bought their way into being able to produce them, again, ORIGINAL formula of Opana ER (i'll let readers decipher what that means on their own).
    If your pharmacy doesn;t have it in stock yet, call ahead and have them order it for you (as this msg is directed towards the legitimate CPPs who were negatively affected by the change in formulation to Opana.

Funny -- one of the reasons how Global was able to buy their way into production was because they "proved" to the FDA that their generic version of the original formula was safe and effective as Endo's current formulation.

Endo could have cared less about the abuse of the original IMO (maybe got some heat from DEA but what do they care), they just wanted to re-patent a new formula.

And at this point it's not like its available for anybody to make as a generic, GLobal still had to pay off Endo. Anyway. WHat concerns us is that Opana ER is BACK!

Anybody have any confirmation of this?

7. Collapse Details

I don't know if Rakaur will read this, but maybe it will help someone else. You got called out because you can fool some people, but not a group of addicts and partiers. Opana ER is notgoing to compare to shooting dillies and your tolerance was too high.

I am chronic pain patient. Dilles did the best for my pain, but as noted, they did not last but 4 hours tops. I like snorting them, not shooting them. I realized something early on. If I partied with my pain meds, I would fuck up the very thing thing I needed most and eventually ruin my doctors trust. So I don't party with the opiates. If I wanna get high, I smoke weed.

Like many PM docs, he wanted to go the Extended release route. I decided to let him do his jpob and "manage" my pain. I made it clear, I needed enough to stop looking grumpy or sad. I wanted to smile and not be high on them.

Exalgo was still too expensive even after insurance and a $100 coupon card. I couldn't afford the copay on a regular basis.

Enter OPANA ER. Yes. They are the new ones; concave on both sides. I believe ENDO bought that paatent and reformulated to milk the market for maximum profits.

I am now dialed in pretty good. 20mg 2X a day and five IR dilaudid for breakthough. I use them mostly because the Opana ER only lasts about 9 or 10 hours at best. The dilaudid covers the in between times or when it is imperative I not worry about neck pain or am stressed causing pain. The Opana ER sometimes makes me alittle groggy. Gotta figure out how to beat that.

For those who complain about the new uncrushable tablets and how hard it is to beat.. Tough titty. It's the abusers that created the need for tamper resistant pills and now those who NEED them, pay more.

Had to get my 2 cents in. Wish I was in a state that had MMJ so I could find pick and choose my what I get. Sativa makes me anxious and exacerbates my neck pain. Indica is very relaxing and loosens up the muscles.
    Last edited by Cadamec; 12-05-2013 at 08:45.

8. Collapse Details

Well its back. The 20s and 10s are good. It is like global pharm corrected all the things that sucked about the old form. No pizza dough taste and breaks down easy for quick pain relief.

9. Collapse Details

what are the new original formula opanas markings? like on the pill, are these the "G7_" pills or the ones with the cresent moon on one side?

10. Collapse Details

G37 was the tens and they smoke the moons b/c they dont shred your nose from what I HAVE HEARD

11. Collapse Details

I'm new her so please bare with me. I just recently had my 3rd back surgery. (L4, l5, s1 fusion) . I'm having a helluva time with pain. I was just switched from 6 15mg ms contains er and 6 5mg oxycodone per day to this crappy opanaer 10mg twice daily. I started theopana today. I've been in withdrawl all day. Is there honestl anything I can do to feel better...and get some pain relief? This is such crap!!!! I'm open to anything other than iv. I just don't want to waste any. I just wanna get some of the drug in my system. PLEASE HELP! !!!

12. Collapse Details

I'm new her so please bare with me. I just recently had my 3rd back surgery. (L4, l5, s1 fusion) . I'm having a helluva time with pain. I was just switched from 6 15mg ms contains er and 6 5mg oxycodone per day to this crappy opanaer 10mg twice daily. I started theopana today. I've been in withdrawl all day. Is there honestl anything I can do to feel better...and get some pain relief? This is such crap!!!! I'm open to anything other than iv. I just don't want to waste any. I just wanna get some of the drug in my system. PLEASE HELP! !!!

13. Collapse Details

I just switched off the Opana ER's. They were giving me splitting headaches. Too bad, because they were working at first.

Many PM docs will start you off at lower doses of the extended release opiates. Once it builds up in your system, you typically need less mg's per day is the theory. I started with the 10's. I told the doc that it kept withdrawals at bay, but the dillies for breakthrough were still the primary pain relief for me and I was watching the clock all the time for my next dose. Specifically, I told him that the day before, it seemed as if the DVR said 5:18 for 15 minutes!!! 6pm was my next dosing of the breakthough pain med.

It does take several days for it to build up in the system, but the 12 hour OP's really only lasted about 9 to 10 hours tops. Phone them and tell them what is going on. If you are opiate tolerant (you seem to be), then he may go ahead and bump you up to the next dosage level (20mg). I hope it works well for you once they get you dialed in right.

At first I was elated and thought we were "there". Unfortunately, the headaches became daily and when I called and told them that, they called back and said that is sometimes a side effect for some people. They switched me to the Fentanyl patches. Years ago, I had already forecasted in my mind that was where I would wind up anyway. Only been my second day on them, but it was nice to wake up with no pain and not feel arthritic and have achy hands, back, and neck. Hope it stays that way.

good luck. Stay in touch.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234