• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

New Opana ER Formulation - I got it :(

I talked to my doc about exalgo too but most insurance doesnt cover it and its probably even more expensive than opana....

Not to piss u guys off, but i got 25 of the old red octogonal 30 ERs at a pharmacy today lol. Thought id never see them again but i got lucky lol.

they have snortable generic 15 ERs also now...so if ur on 30 er 3 times a day, u can try to get 6 15 er instead, but u will need a prior authorization. Even if insurance wont cover the generic is half as pricey as the brand name...I think they may also have 7.5 er generic, but im not positive.

To bad I get 20s...Who makes the Gens.? I couldn't find any info..

Im not sure who the manufacturer is, but the tablets are white, round, and have a crescent moon on them

Activis currently makes 7.5 & 15mg generic ER. (non abuse resistant)
Watson and Impax are licensed to start their own gneric high dose ERs(5-40mg) in Sept . and next Jan.
Roxanne and Teva make generic 5 & 10mgIR pills.

Anyone try the new NEW Opanas? It looks like Endo changed the brand name Opanas AGAIN. From round, to concave pills. Don't know if formula changed, but this could be a new reason for shortages.
(They say limited quantites, but FDA site says their shortage is over.)

Activis currently makes 7.5 & 15mg generic ER. (non abuse resistant)
Watson and Impax are licensed to start their own gneric high dose ERs(5-40mg) in Sept . and next Jan.
Roxanne and Teva make generic 5 & 10mgIR pills.

Anyone try the new NEW Opanas? It looks like Endo changed the brand name Opanas AGAIN. From round, to concave pills. Don't know if formula changed, but this could be a new reason for shortages.
(They say limited quantites, but FDA site says their shortage is over.)

This is all true. New Opana ER generics in September. I have no idea if they'll be TRF, but I'd count on it.

I have the new concave ones. Aside from the shape nothing seems to be different. Same TRF, crush-resistant, gooey bullshit. I have absolutely no idea why they changed them from convex to concave. I suppose maybe because the concave ones have less pill material. Maybe this was in response to the stupid chemicals in the TRF hurting people and not working well. Less pill material means less of that TRF crap to fuck up my stomach.

Pure conjecture on my part, though.

Yes.

Actually, I don't know, but the generic (Roxane) IR's are.

I used to get the 10ir's generic and 30mg er. opana ,, Went on subs before the change to the new formula on the ERs
I really liked the generic 10ir's I never noticed the difference between the brand name and Generic as far as potent.

I found the ir's crushed into a really fine powder.. I used to give my nose a spray of saline before snorting the ir's seem to keep most of the powder in my nose.
When doing the old opana er's tried to keep my nose as dry as possible keep them from jelling to much.

I am new to this site but I saw a picture of the new Opana on their official website. I don't know if I'm permitted to post a link here or not. The site also says the new concave ones are the only ones being manufactured anymore. Hopefully, come September 15 they will be selling generic Opana 40 mg. So far I have been lucky. I've had to run all over hell to find them but I've managed to get 90 of the old ones ever since the shortage began. I'm due for a refill in about 2 1/2 weeks and right now I know of one little pharmacy that still has 100 if nobody gets there ahead of me.

The FDA is a buch of idiots they think they are helping people by makeing these tamper proof drugs. When in all reality they are hurting 1,000's of people that need these pills to live a functional life not in horrific pain that now cannot take the pills cause A: they dont work and B: they make you sick and tear your stomach apart. Straight up bullshit

^+1 This is definitely true. This whole tamper-proof pill bullshit is only hurting the patients that really need them. Anyone abusing the pill is going to find a way to abuse it whether it's "tamper-proof" or not. It's typical big-pharma greed. They're always looking to for a way to make a buck on a product that is no longer new and novel, so what do they do? They reformulate it in some way and watch the stacks of cash come rolling in. It sickens me.

The FDA is a buch of idiots they think they are helping people by makeing these tamper proof drugs. When in all reality they are hurting 1,000's of people that need these pills to live a functional life not in horrific pain that now cannot take the pills cause A: they dont work and B: they make you sick and tear your stomach apart. Straight up bullshit

I believe thats the purpose secretively.......they want to hurt peoples stomachs & make room for the heroin trade to roll into the USA. Someones banking big money from this.

I found 1 single OG yellow pan on the block in the tenderloin yesterday while copping some OPs and Kadian off some chick. I gave her a fat hug and felt like a kid on christmas.

paid pre-drought price too

My friend,...I'm sorry. And I"ll either get support for this or a good 'textual' kick in the pants by every one else but I'ma say it anyway, step in crap as I might. But here goes

You're NOT fooling anyone. You've got abuser written all over you, possibly addict - AND THATS NOT A BAD THING. But if its ONE thing Bluelight is for - in my experience & my lil 2cent interpretation - its people being able to FEEL COMFORTABLE talkin about this sort of thing FREE of discrimination from self righteous "Mainstream society" who does not have problems/needs/addiction/the vice or whatever ELSE you want to call it of a 'high priority need for ahem(*clears throat) "body chemistry manipulators" (obviously specifically to the pain and pleasure centers of the brain as well as the 'endorphin factory') So my POINT BEING, just come out and say what you really mean. Otherwise U are insulting our intelligence intentionally or otherwise. You see LIKE "main stream society" we too are intelligence, have dignity, are upstanding, many of us educated and even in medicine (from pharmacy techs to pharmacist from nurses to doctors) And in closing just so you KNOW in the future - & MAYbe just MAYbe one of my associates, friends or even a stranger here can jump in and assist me - I'll even list a few (if not ALL) of the things that betrayed you "walking in here" Saying things like "99 % of the time you take your meds "as prescribed" and yet you turn right around and say upon getting your script you were trying to manipulate the pill by cutting it or whatever. If you take 99% of yoru meds as prescribed common sense dictates you would have - prolly with out a SECOND THOUGHT - taken it AS prescribed with the optimistic if not thoughtless assumption that it would work just fine! Also "a little fun"?? Oh please thats just like if you ask a thirty something attractive single unmaried female how many sex partners she's had when you reach the 2nd, 3rd or serious date and she she subtracts 3-5 from the answer she gives, mentally "justifying" that junior year spring break of 98 doesent count and those two quickies clubbing in Vegas CERTAINLY dont count! I could go on but you guys get the point. Just say what you mean and dont' patronize us. ANd you know what - say for the sake of argument I'm wrong, then I'll give an apology upon request and you can just 'pay it forward'; meaning leave it for the next person who it DOES apply to if the moderator leaves it up. Thanks guys.

The former 'GOOD' Opans are still plentiful,...with a lil patience and LOOKING

I really don't know what you guys mean about the "new" opana ER's, YES i've heard of them but where I live in 'middle-east'-Coast state, U.S. I have never seen them. And just so you dn't think that I just have not had a fill recently, would you consider say - h/o while I check the bottle - SUNDAY June 3rd fairly recent? B/c thats when I got mine and still the pretty lil octogons. JUST like with those gorgeous (what I like to call>) 'euphoric'-blue OC 80s (<I call them that b/c there is not a font of blue on the RAINBOW that I have found that comes close to the somewhere between 'teal-sea foam - and earth grey-blue' that those fantasy-like attractive pills are. (Sorry, nostalgia moment) POINT is, those were discontinued in what? 2010, MAYbe 2011 depending on how soon the 'shortage-outtage' begain setting in. ALL you have to do is LOOK. You've heard of 'Doctor shopping' well I call it pharmacy shopping. *shruggs shoulders - I mean it all depends on how important obtaining them are. NOW having said that, I freely admit that at THIS stage, this 'late in the game', finding the "real" OC 80s which I so beautifully described ^ above, is virtually a fools quest unless you cross the border in either direction north or south (I'd suggest north for safety reasons) HOWever for the Opana 40 ER's again its all about how bad you want them! Are you WILLING to call EVERY pharmacy in a 25 mile radius or so and go thru no after no after no, till you MAY get that golden yes. And even with THAT its tedius b/c alot of times you get one or two results. Either a smart-butt Pharmacy tech whose on some type tip of; "I'm not the pharmacist but I can help you with most all questions" attitude. (I feel like saying, 'LADY, give the phone to the man or woman who carries the KEYS, b/c you can't even go in the DRAWER, let alone possibly have a chance at answering my question!" (if you have experienced this you KNOW what I"m talking about and are practically trying to high five me thru the screen of your device or desktop) OR a lot of times you get - and this is even worse b/c it can potentially waste your call a LOT quicker/easier than a 'wants-to-sound/feel-important-cute-little-pharm-tech'. And thats when you GET the PHARMACIST but HE (or SHE)'s so high on they horse that they rush you thru the inquiry and some times put the phone down to "check" without getting the VITAL info. I've had so many Pharmacist here HALF of my request (the request; "do you have Oxycontin 80mg; the OC(!!!) formula, NOT the OP" but heres what the ones who rush thru hear "Do you have Oxycontin 80mg at all??) Then here they come dancin back to the phone happy to "make your day" and tell you yes and yet they are holding a motherload of worthless OP's with less value than my big brothers rec basket ball school printed baseball card!! Prolly the MOST annoying. But I mean you have to be patient. I DO find that female pharmist - for whatever reason - take the request better and I have more success with for whatever reason. Maybe they are more patient but beyond that I mean its pure luck whether they have them or not, whether or not you have to stand up to pee has NOthing to do with whats in stock as you know lol. But yeah guys I have literally had Kroger FILL my script with OP's and upon hearing so at the register I politely asked them to cancel the fill and give me my script back. Lastly the other really BIG - call it desperate if you WANT to IDC and nor should you if Ur a true Bluelighter ;-) -Another big thing is say your script calls for 60 but they only have 40 of the OC's or former Opana formulation. Do you know where I"m going with this? Hecc yeah!! Take the 40 in a heart beat and let the remainder of the script cancel out. Unless your doctor is either suspicious, a "warden", not very nice and or you don't have the greatest doc & relationship with him/her, they most likely will have NO problem with - when you run out writing you a fresh script for the remainder of what would have been your month supply. I mean hey its only in the neighborhood of 60% of yoru script but if you would rather go home with a freshly filled 60 pills of what ammounts to a pill bottle of anti tampering, stomach upsetting gel then BE MY GUEST! Hopefully you live in my area and that will be more of the STUFF THAT ACTUALLY WORKS for me! If anybody can relate, or has read anything here ^ that they have either A; tried/done, B; interests them or even C; were mildly amused and get where I'm coming from then mission accomplished btw I was GOING to - and looking forward to it - insert a picture for you guys that you'd find interesting but I failed trying to 'cut and paste it' I"m sorry I'm not a comp expert. So if anyone knows how to post pics, pls let me know. Bet you never thought you'd get a trivial question like that here huh? Thanks guys.

Gotta be my dick self here again, but IME, if you swallow whole (i think you do as 99% would mean outta 100 pills you do one crushed) meaning, if you are a legit chronic pain patient, whom does one crushed and 99 as directed, yet the first thing you do is cut the first pill of the new ones with a steak knife, kinda red flag for me as someone who does one outta 100 probably wouldnt fall into depression, run home, and flippin cut medication with a steak knife. As far as i can tell swallowed whole weather OPs or new pans it does the same shit in my mind. Not judgin ya, but jus sayin none of us our angels here and pretty much everywhere in real life, so need to add the " i take as prescribed" when i havent read a single bottle say "take two tavs daily, and for the first one try cutting with knives, running it over with your car n then breakdance on it" jus sayin i doubt anyone cares if you just came out n said these things suck ass what should i do to nmake more effective!

did not take the time to read responces to ur delima, here is my sugestion, i have been in pm for almost 20 years, so i have been on every pain med out there, including the opanna. im pretty sure its mostly oxymorphone...which is the same as dilaudid...see if your doc would change ur meds for you, the 8mg tab is the strongest one, so maybe worth a try...i also have same problem, beilive me when i tell you this, and i hate to be so grose, but they leave my body the same way they go in, and they dont work for shit.

I just moved to New England from the Midwest. And if it wasnt frustrating enough to have new form of opana out, now I know NO ONE and cant even get the reformed ones in my new state. Of course it doesnt help that it seems like its more rare out on this side of the country. Pssssh. I might as well give up now, huh?

^ Yes, you should just give up on trying to find the old formula Opana.

did not take the time to read responces to ur delima, here is my sugestion, i have been in pm for almost 20 years, so i have been on every pain med out there, including the opanna. im pretty sure its mostly oxymorphone...which is the same as dilaudid...see if your doc would change ur meds for you, the 8mg tab is the strongest one, so maybe worth a try...i also have same problem, beilive me when i tell you this, and i hate to be so grose, but they leave my body the same way they go in, and they dont work for shit.

Dilaudid is hydromorphone it's different then oxymorphone