• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

[GUIDE] How to kick opiate withdrawals naturally and painlessly

Come on man if youre having difficulty keeping food down seek a solution to the problem. Dont just spend 2 days retching and heaving take some anti nausea meds. There are loads to choose from: Ginger dramamine ondansetron etc etc same with diarrhoea:Loperamide buscopan.

No, you misunderstood me or I wasn't clear. In my case, DXM did in fact completely eliminate all w/d symptoms. It was AMAZING! And given the action and (in some ways) similarities of Ibogaine and Meanmntine (both potent NMDA antagonists, which are being used, specifically ket, to manage patients with treatment resistant depression, anxiety and drug addiction). These drugs have SOOOOOOO much potential. It blows my mind we don't know more about this stuff, or that the medical community isn't doing more to research this stuff.

I have actually used Ibogaine and I did find DXM to be its slightly more manageable little brother. For me, DXM was a lot more manageable and easier to acquire, let alone much cheaper, so it is my current go to NMDA antagonist. I like to use piracetam with it to help address any negative side effects of DXM (and I've found this racetam to do so exceptionally well, without diminishing the NMDA antagonist action of the DXM).

I'm glad to hear that DMX worked so well for you. I've never had much success with it nor have many people I know that tried DMX to kick opiates...but everyone is different.

Now the Ibogaine/Memantine combo I discussed has worked time and time again for many people I know...all of which had various levels of addiction to opiates. Some where taking as little as 5-6 vicoden per day and the others had a a very serious addiction, taking as much as 600-700 mgs of oxycodone per day. All of them, without exception, responded to the Ibogaine/Memantine treatment that I outlined in my earlier post.

Now some of them ended up going back to using after a month or two. Staying clean long term depends on how committed the individual is. But the good news is getting clean and getting past that first part of physical dependence to opiates can be done with very little physical pain or discomfort by most people.

withdrawals

now everyone's talking about opiate withdrawals... oxys, vics etc. What about H... same thing right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thank u

now everyone's talking about opiate withdrawals... oxys, vics etc. What about H... same thing right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thank u

Allow me to clarify... What I meant by 'same thing' was same sort of WD's with H and opiates mentioned above. I have been addicted to every opiate know to man including H intravaneously and still struggle with it. Thanks again.

^Essentially yea, it's the same thing. The time it takes to get over IV dope w/d tends to be a little shorter, but they also tend to be much more intense, than your average oxy or hydrocodone junky.

I'm glad to hear that DMX worked so well for you. I've never had much success with it nor have many people I know that tried DMX to kick opiates...but everyone is different.

Now the Ibogaine/Memantine combo I discussed has worked time and time again for many people I know...all of which had various levels of addiction to opiates. Some where taking as little as 5-6 vicoden per day and the others had a a very serious addiction, taking as much as 600-700 mgs of oxycodone per day. All of them, without exception, responded to the Ibogaine/Memantine treatment that I outlined in my earlier post.

Now some of them ended up going back to using after a month or two. Staying clean long term depends on how committed the individual is. But the good news is getting clean and getting past that first part of physical dependence to opiates can be done with very little physical pain or discomfort by most people.

Thanks! Yea, at the time I didn't have a horrible habit, at least compared to at other points in my life. Like 1-3g tar / day. But two weeks after using DXM/piracetam to w/d I went on and have been doing well on suboxone maintenance. I risk of relapse and everything that comes with it, although I felt more confident after this detox than I ever have, just made me realize I'm in this for the long haul, hence the longer term sub maintenance.

Definately NOT written by an addict....Not a friggin hope in hell that i woiuld be able to keep all this shit down...Nor could the "average" user prob afford the $300 - $500 bucks for the organic food, the milk thistle, krill oil is like $80 a jar in Australia.....Not a chance that i would prob even keep ONE shake down!!!!

LOL, yeah, i can totally see myself chopping up veggies and blending up protein shakes while im shivering from being too cold but sweating from being too hot, having to go pee every 5 minutes, headaches from light sensitivity, poopin in your pants cause that really wasnt just a fart, all while dry heaving into the kitchen sink.

pot, kratom, xanax, multi-vitamin, gatorade, granola bars, frozen waffles, assorted fruit, chex cereal. theres my regimen :)

or suboxone!

great post, Liminov. I agree that this sounds like a good recovery guide to start around the 4th or 5th day after last usage.

I mean sure it a fantastic thing to be able to do if you can afford the money and you are physically fit enough...The last time i cold turkeyed offa 600mg+ a day oxy habit, i was sick for three weeks straight and i spewed, and i spewed, and i shook and spewed, i shat myself, i spewed, i shook, i shat myself some more, i spewed again then again....NO WAY would i have been able to make a shake or chop vegies...A knife near me at stage mightn be a good thing...All i could do was crawl, from place to place...I was alone in a room in winter, with a gas heater blaring and a big big bucket...I filled the bucked twice ...I couldnt keep water down!!
Now AFTER all thats over, then it might be the time for this "guide" to be used...It wouldnt help me for at least two weeks or might be three....Healthy and good as it is...

I'm certainly not dissing the information in the OP, but for me, that's simply a lot of "homeopathic bleh." Any time I'm faced with opiate WD, I'm using Lyrica, Tramadol, Kratom and Clonozepam with a good multivitamin and that's it. It gets me through it feasibly and I don't have to worry about using a fucking oven while I feel my soul being removed from my body.

But hey, like I said, no disrespect. Whatever works for some is a good thing.

So for me its not the body aches, sweating, diahrea blah blah blah n the list goes on. It's the RLS. I cant get one second of rest in any way shape or form during opiate WDs (primarily H.) And its not just my legs but my whole body its like every muscle tenses every few seconds, very annoying. Ive heard potassium helps. Preferably OTC, cheap, found at your local grocery store etc. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Trust and believe folks this is possible. Im almost through day four of withdrawal. Yall are definitely right that it is very VERY difficult to keep this stuff down. The key is to make protein shakes and slowly sip on them. For me multi vitamins twice a day starting three weeks before quitting helped along w upping fruit and veggie intake and starting to exercise about a month before quitting. I know first hand how difficult it is to keep things down without puking but slowly and constantly eating is how i did it. By starting to exercise well before quitting my body was in better shape and was a little more ready for the battle i planned to put it through. By starting well before quitting you ready yourself and put yourself in a better more confident state of mind not to mention your more physically ready too. Lean proteins, fruits and veggies(raw) and limit simple carbs as much as possible. No matter what you do IT WILL NOT BE EASY!! But you can make it easier. Take time off work, plan ahead, taper down as much as possible(i know thats practically impossible for an addict, but if your serious about quitting you can do it) and pump your body full of vitamins and minerals. This is doable folks. We all have to quit some day or be stuck in the horrible cycle that is opiate withdrawal. Suboxone helps for some people but trust me from experience you dont want to screw with that stuff and if you do dont be on it longer than a month or youll have a whole different set of problems to deal with. I was on sub for over a year and would have much rather just taken the oxy withdrawals than dealing with sub. Regardless, anyone can quit. Its just about planning and being ready for the battle you will inevitably have to fight!

My brother goes through withdrawals regularly. Hes got it down to an almost complete science to experience zero physical side effects and has found a few things that help mentally.
My brother uses hydromorph and heroin. Any where from 20-$80 a day or 60mgs and .3's. He also uses methadone to maintain but when planning a detox would always acquire shorter acting opiates and taper with them for a month if methadone was used. Addicted for 5 years.

Step 1: Taper down as much as possible.
Step 2: set aside $75 or so.

Step 3: get immodium 48 mgs a day for the first 3 days.12 mgs for the next 4.
Now clonidine, obtainable fairly easily at walkin clinics if your honest about your situation. Take .1-.2 twice a day for 7 days.
Advil for pains. 400mg 1-3 times a day.
Melatonin for sleep aide.
Sugary foods, fruits and veggies, smoothies with protein powder 3-5 times a day. 1 multi vitamin a day.
He uses caffeine daily but wouldnt advice it if not needed. Force yourself to eat as much as possible, and drink gatorade and water a.m.a.p.
For 7 days!!

Step 4: Once you purchased everything above begin your detox 8-12hrs after your last dose, if you have a good enough spirit stick it out for 24 hrs

Step 5: Keep yourself busy, my brother will listen to music constantly, he says it improves mood drastically if positive in nature. Music you used to listen to as a kid or before your addiction is the best.
- Masterbation
- hot baths with salts
- yoga
- marijuana (if experienced)
- reading
- light exercise.
All for 7 days!

Step 6: expect the last 7 days to have been pretty pain free. This is a problem for some because relapse is alot easier to happen if your an able bodied person.
Try coping with cravings with substitutes like marijuana and caffeine at first. Id advise never using one particular substance for longer then a week. Stay away from benzos and alcohol. If possible a stronger stimulant like adderal or ritalin would curb his mental addiction at this point- Not suggested for all- this works for him because he doesnt enjoy an intense stimulant high and doses just enough.

Yoga, physical training and healthy living above all to get through PAWS. My brothers cleanest time in his life after a 5 year addiction was for 3 years and he became a highly productive member of society again. He worked out 5 days a week, took no mind altering substances at this point, yoga daily and a strict routine. Discipline and a positive of coarse.

Hes relapses when he feels he can afford to binge for awhile because he feels like he is better at his job while high (Sales).

Btw. First time poster. Based on Canadian pricing. Clonidine would probably run up the price for americans.

Last edited:
totally agree. This post is PAWS worthy, but nothing is gonna get a person through WDs comfortably without clonidine, maybe a weeks worth of benzos, some promethazine for nausea and/or whatever else an addiction dr. would RX and even then "withdrawal is going to suck, we just try to make it suck less" - quote from my doctor.