• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Horrible devastating DMT trip

I'm amazed that you trust yourself and your own experience that much. Try not to :)

Yeah pretty much what Filter said. I wasn't trusting myself I was trusting a being far superior to me that had the ability to completely alter reality, I'd be very surprised if you guys didn't listen to this being if you were in my situation.

A common effect of psychedelics is to convince the tripper that all people are part of one, universal consciousness. Or, in other words, at the deepest level, everybody is one being. And that's you. And me. You are me and I am you, in the words of Shpongle. ;)

I think this is only a scary or negative thing if you're looking at it from the wrong perspective. Just because you and everyone else are ultimately part of one single identity (God, the Tao, whatever you want to call it), doesn't mean there can't be true love. It's just that, through humanity, God is loving itself. It also doesn't mean that YOU are more real than everyone else. Your next-door neighbor is also the only being in existence. Just manifested in a different body.

Ultimately, I say, don't try and delude yourself into thinking that your revelation is false. Just realize that it's not an ugly thing. It's beautiful, and in no way is it lonely.

Applecore I've had that revelation that you speak of before, me being you in a different body with a different personality etc. But this was different in the fact that you weren't me in a different body you were just a hologram so to speak devoid of conciousness, I did believe the revelation you said for quite some time until this trip.

Well, there's no logical reason to believe that you're the only conscious being on the planet. Why would you trust a random hallucinatory entity that appeared after smoking drugs more than logic and reasoning?

Because it seemed more real than logic and reasoning and after all our logic and reasoning is only appropriate in this universe where I was not. Also the way the song correlated with my experience it all seems so premediatated, the being was showing me a place more detailed than anything I can imagine and I felt like I'd already been there before like I could remember. Also I was tripping on DMT lol. I've managed to convince myself it was all just my imagination now though.

Your being silly dude, okay if everything may or may not be real, why the fuck are you trying to figure it out? If it isn't real, whatever is creating 'it' isn't going to let you know. You will never find out, of course you know that things are real, tbh dude this just sounds like something I think about in every single bad trip ive ever had.

There still is the possibility as well, that its all science it doesn't have to be real or not, we could have evolved and shit exactly like the mainstream said, why do you think you know better then extremely educated men because you have gotten what is scientifcally 'delusions' on a psycoactive substance? The questions you are asking can not be sought after, if there going to be answered its just going to happen, I don't even think we would know. I think you should get back into the 'real world', seriously lots of psychedelic users forgot how satisfying if ignorant, real things are. Trying to get girls, partying with friends, going to school / work, socializing, these things are actually fucking amazing but because us psychedelic users are so high and mighty and enlightened we are above them? Pfft, people need to get off there high horses.

Sorry for this rambling its just seriously man, snap the fuck out of it. You had a bad trip, they are horrible life changing experiences, unfortuantley now you have to deal with it. Were not real, your not real, this badly put together sentence isn't real? Or maybe it all is, your being a major glass half empty person. I only read about 1/2 posts in this thread so sorry if someone has already said something along those lines but think about this.

As you and I have found out, asking these questions cause nothing but negatives. There is no immediate answer nor will there ever be. Sure everything might not be real, but it might also be real in turn, everything is as real as you make it. You are in control or your consciousness, your body, your mind, you decide. So, instead of sitting going holy shiteverythings not real I might be insane bla bla bla bla bla, learn to fucking enjoy yourself cuse we might just be a computer programme or someones fucking saved game on the sims or we might be ontop of something incredibley small simlair to the film horton hears a who. We wont know, ever, well we might but we are not technilogically advanced enough yet. If you want to do something about this, go to college / university and try and become something amazing and help find out things like this, dont sulk about how you might not know if what your seeing is real or a manifestation of your mind. Bottom line, stop being a depressing cunt and fucking enjoy yourself, seriously, you will reap what you sow and the benifets for your mental health and life overall will be great.

Sorry for very shitty spelling and rubbish sentences, I am very high + very sleepy. Sorry for coming across as a bit of a dick as well, I just get pasionate when I see people interpretting life/psychedelics like this, theres just so many better ways to think in this short time scale that we have to live.

Did you by any chance read this story before you tripped?

The Egg

By: Andy Weir

You were on your way home when you died.

It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.

And that’s when you met me.

“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”

“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.

“There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”

“Yup,” I said.

“I… I died?”

“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.

You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”

“More or less,” I said.

“Are you god?” You asked.

“Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”

“My kids… my wife,” you said.

“What about them?”

“Will they be all right?”

“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”

You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Or possibly a woman. Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.

“Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”

“Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”

“Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”

“Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right,”

“All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.”

You followed along as we strode through the void. “Where are we going?”

“Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”

“So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”

“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”

I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.

“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”

“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”

“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”

“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”

“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”

“Where you come from?” You said.

“Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”

“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”

“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”

“So what’s the point of it all?”

“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”

“Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.

I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”

“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”

“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”

“Just me? What about everyone else?”

“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”

You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”

“All you. Different incarnations of you.”

“Wait. I’m everyone!?”

“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.

“I’m every human being who ever lived?”

“Or who will ever live, yes.”

“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”

“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.

“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.

“And you’re the millions he killed.”

“I’m Jesus?”

“And you’re everyone who followed him.”

You fell silent.

“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”

You thought for a long time.

“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”

“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”

“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”

“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”

“So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”

“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”

And I sent you on your way.

Hey Didier, how's it going today?

I doubt I could say anything that hasn't already been said, there's some superb, very philosphical posts here. Many go into more detail than I have time for & delve deeper than I've been into the "void".

But I can tell you something. I once had a terrifying DMT-like experience on a strong spliff, back when I was only 18 & very, very intolerant to weed. I have recounted the story here in the past. I don't need to retell it, but what I can tell you is this. Although this experience was terrifying at the time, the knowledge passed onto me in those moments have fortified me as a person on my stroll through life. The knowledge that terrified me as a teenager has turned out to be the most important message of my lifetime & one that has kept we going through some truly difficult times.

I am now & have always been a cautious user. I guess I was lucky that this thing happened to me, coz it taught me a huge respect for psychedelics & psychoative compounds in general without which I doubt I'd have kept at it for so long. I'd have burnt out.

You sound like a very intelligent fellow, go easy with things for awhile & see how this new knowledge changes your perspective on life before taking any more travels.

Best wishes to ya & peace to all :)

I'm glad that you've managed to get a handle on your thoughts, mate. I've been there myself - it's really not a nice thought-loop to get stuck in, is it?! It's the most lonely place on earth once you get into that state; and it is something that is very hard to shake-off, too - because of it's self re-enforcing (self-deluding) nature.

What makes things worse (for me, at least), is the fact that the 'logical' thought of the people and 'society' that I 'return to' is hardly one that I see to be 'sane' and 'logical' anyway! So then I worry that I will get the 'wrong' personality back if I listen to other people too much. So who on earth can a fucked-up person turn-to for help, eh?! This only adds to the confusion and difficulty of integrating the experience into your life. I feel you, brother. People try to help, but only seem to say/do the wrong things – and parents are the worst!

Remember that it is only your own mind - and your own personality - that you need to 'find'. You don't have to come to an 'understanding' of the whole of human society, or other people – friends/family – in your life. You just have to become a 'normal person'! And anything-goes, these days! There are some right weirdos about! Just find your self, dude - I assure you, it hasn't gone very far at all - it may even be where you left it? Have you tried looking in the cupboard?! Haha.

See this time as an opportunity to chose your outlook; and to become a ' better' person - however you see that as being. You are only limited by the extent of your imagination - and as you hardly need telling (because you showed us with your posts above!) - you've got a pretty fantastic imagination, dude!

Good luck to you brother. I've been in that state twice myself. However 'experienced' you are, it really doesn't matter. It can happen to the best of us – it is not your failing.

I've been smoking DMT for many years, but recently – after a few days of sleeplessness, and lots of AMT – I was in exactly the hought loop that you described. But I'd been there before, so it should be easier to get out, right? - I could remember the first time, and that 'conirmed' to me that that was only a taster; and that this was my (very-lonely!) punishment - for the rest of my life!. Ahhh! Haha. Luckily it wasn't). If you thing it's bad getting stuck there after smoking DMT, try a few days of sleeplessness, lots of AMT in your system; not knowing where (or what) the fuck you are for day after day...!

Things, I hope, will get better and clearer for you with time. Just remember to take it easy. You don't have to find yourself, it will find you. You can chose who, and how, you want to be - there are no restrictions in the mind - you'll come out of this a better person; or – even if you take nothing rom the experience at all – you will still be the same person you were before! I hope that this gives you hope if you're still feeling down – because, in my experience, and many peoples' experience – it is the truth!

DMT can be a bitch, sometimes - I've smoked it more times than I can remember - occasionally we have fallings-out, but we always seem to get back together. Stand your ground to the 'entities' or whatever you perceive them, or 'it', to be. They are playing in your mind - if you don't like the game that they are playing - tell them to piss off (literally)!

I did this once after some dick-head of an 'entity' started throwing my ideas back at me! And he was throwing them pretty hard, too! And I don't mean this in a 'metaphorical' sense - because I was there! After about a minute of this I got pissed off, called him a cunt - and made it quite clear that I wanted him to get out of my head - and he did (but only after a bit of complaining!). Of course, the 'real-people' around me wondered what the fuck I was talking about/to at the time - but y'no! - explain later ("long story...")!

Don't let it control you; because for all the theories about what is going on in DMT-land; the DMT smoker is the star of the show, and the DMT smoker is providing the playing-field for the game! If you want them off your land; you've just got to say so, sometimes (and worry about making a fool of yourself in front of your friends later! - That's why I prefer to smoke DMT alone, now!). If they refuse to go - you've just got to "look the other way" for 10 minutes or so - not so long to wait, really!

I have started to ramble, but just wanted to say that I hope you're doing better - and that there are people who understand where you have been, and are always here, willing to help you or anyone – because we know how hard and how unending it can seem. You've come to the right place, dude - there are so many knowledgeable and kind souls on here - and they're NOT JUST YOU, you bloody egomaniac! Haha.

Since we all write using words, it's easy to get one person's writing style mixed up with another - and you own! (I've done it, too!). Spell check is to blame, I think. - and amphetamine is to blame for the length of this post). Hahaha=D

Peace, brother.
x

Cheers man, you seem to completely understand my experience better than anyone good to know that others have had this same DMT trip. But yeah I am 99% back to normal since I smoked loads of weed and had a 15 hour sleep haha, I think my brain was still a bit fragmented and I didn't have a certain part of my brain that would tell me everything is normal but after I woke up it seemed to have returned. I also seem to have a lot more drive about me rather than just being a lazy person wandering through the days.
As for that egg story, I've not read it before but I have thought that exact same thing on acid a couple of times without actually dieing of course, and my DMT trip was remarkably similar.

Just wanna say thanks to everyone for your positive replies and love, I really needed them more than ever and definitely helped me a lot so thanks.

Remember not all the entities in the other dimensions are pleasant nor do they necessarily have good intentions.
Did it ever occur to you that this being you encountered was simply just messing with your head?

Yeah it did afterwards, I thought perhaps I had been posessed by a demon lol sounds stupid now but it really was like that such an eerie evil vibe the whole time too.

yes you are right -we are the imagination of ourselves- we are the god/goddess existence -all that there is- and therefore, being all, there can be nothing outside ourselves -thus, we are radically, bitterly alone

we -thus is, "god"- were a single solitary consciousness existing in The Void for all eternity. back then, before the original big-bang, we were the eternal energy of consciousnesses/time, or infinite potential, not yet manifested

...but it feels so lonely in eternity being just one
being one (or the One), the only way for us to enjoy company is by forgetting our true nature of eternal communion by dividing or bifurcating ourselves repeatedly until, in a huge cosmic explosion, we gave birth to what we know as existence: the mind/dream of the goddess/god, whose purpose for the process is one suffused with infinite empathy, aka divine love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE9dEAx5Sgw

as deeper as we divide ourselves, as more feeble the memory of being all One becomes; therefore making the illusion of being separated in a universe of separated objects or beings feel more and more real.

as real this illusion of separation feels, as further we get to know ourselves (or shall i say: "figments of ourselves"), by perceiving and experiencing our disparage behaviours, attitudes, perceptions, dreams, inventions etc -the acts we experience as *living*

the one and only thing that prevents us from directly experiencing ourselves as the Unitary Energy Being that we are is our ego and the beliefs, ideas, and illusions that our ego uses to artificially construct its/our sense of self

in the end, what i'm writing about is liberation from fear. liberation from fear of being oneself. liberation from the fear of reality. liberation from the fear of life and the fear of death. liberation from the fear of succeeding or failing. liberation from trying and relaxing into infinite nature of being, right here, right now

“‘Liberation,’ Dr. Robert began again, ‘the ending of sorrow, ceasing to be what you ignorantly think you are and becoming what you are in fact. For a little while, thanks to the moksha-medicine, you will know what it’s like to be what in fact you are, what in fact you always have been. What a timeless bliss! But, like everything else, this timelessness is transient. Like everything else, it will pass. And when it has passed, what will you do with this experience?’ […]

‘Will you merely enjoy them as you would enjoy an evening at the puppet show, and then go back to business as usual. Or, having glimpsed, will you devote your lives to the business, not at all as usual, of being what you are in fact?’ ("the Island", Aldous Huxley, Ch. 10, p. 208 )

"Between sentient Awareness and insentient matter is an illusion formed in the mind. Moksha is seen as a final release from this illusion when one's worldly conception of self is erased and there takes place a loosening of the shackle of experiential duality, accompanied by the realization of one's own fundamental nature: sat (true being), cit (pure consciousness), and ananda, an experience which is ineffable and beyond sensation (see satcitananda).[9]

Advaita holds that Atman, Brahman, and Paramatman are all one and the same - the formless Nirguna Brahman which is beyond the being/non-being distinction, tangibility, and comprehension."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moksha

"29. For I am divided for love's sake, for the chance of union.
30. This is the creation of the world, that the pain of division is as nothing, and the joy of dissolution all."

(Liber AL vel Legis sub figura CCXX (The Book of the Law), Chapter 1)"

Last edited:
once you realise the radical loneliness that being existence implies, you'll start working on how to improve our life as seemingly separated beings
we must create a pleasurable, happy life for all of us -because all of us, every single being that forms part of this existence we are, is ourselves, and we want to feel pleasure, and be happy -we must improve the world to enjoy more our life as separate entities, and that's hard work, isn't it? :)

"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us a 'universe' a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." (Albert Einstein)

once you realise the radical loneliness that being existence implies, you'll start working on how to improve our life as seemingly separated beings
we must create a pleasurable, happy life for all of us -because all of us, every single being that forms part of this existence we are, is ourselves, and we want to feel pleasure, and be happy -we must improve the world to enjoy more our life as separate entities, and that's hard work, isn't it? :)

I believe pleasure and happiness are, well, how should I put it... rather mundane goals for a whole universe. I believe happiness, pleasure and sense of satisfaction/enjoyment are things electrochemically produced in the human brain and thus not that importan in the grand scheme of things. Although 'importance' is a very human thing too...

I believe pleasure and happiness are, well, how should I put it... rather mundane goals for a whole universe. I believe happiness, pleasure and sense of satisfaction/enjoyment are things electrochemically produced in the human brain and thus not that importan in the grand scheme of things. Although 'importance' is a very human thing too...

yes you are right -we are the human part of existence