• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Horrible devastating DMT trip

Everything that is

We all are one and one is all experiencing itself as part of whole.
But do not be afraid.
Experience is real as it gets, there is no more real real place to be than right now and forever right now.
And right now is changing constantly by infinite.

Check out some:
Alan Watts, Darryl Anka, Mooji and many others, saying many interesting suggestions.

Chill the fuck out brother :)

The one, all that is in its core do not give a flying fuck about us, nor how we feel, what we do and what we are.

He is there just for existence to be. Or even that is not the right word, cos I think he does not have contrasts.
And whatever comes from him have contrasts and that is when shit have more solid ground to be.

No word of advice, enjoy your experience, if not - do what you enjoy.

This thread touches me really deeply. I've had nearly the same experience on DMT. "What if I am the only one, what if the universe playing a joke on itself, on me, what if I am the universe and I am all that is and I'm going to be permanently insane because of this realization?" It's scary goddamn shit. It scared me away from DMT for a while, until I feel like I am ready to see past that. It happened the worst when I took Ayahuasca. Yikes.

I don't have a lot of time to respond, but just wanted say that I'm just one more guy who has had this experience with DMT. And this thread is awesome.

i too have had this same feeling on DMT and on DOB...both in large doses... these trips give insight on the power of consciousness for sure (dmt is scarier imo bc you dont have time to acclimate to the scenery change).. the scary thing is that you can never truly know beyond a shadow of a doubt that these experiences werent real, you just kinda gotta keep moving on and decide what youre gonna believe... songs seem to have a HUGE impact on DMT trips.. best to go without lyrics in my opinion...

Funny you should mention this, I had a friend who just recently tried it late at night in a couch watching rage (Don't ask me why)

Well as soon as he tokes, on comes the nasty death metal. Bad luck?

In the meantime OP, enjoy this piece of beautiful writing by Alan Watts.

“God likes to play hide-and-seek, but because there is nothing outside God, he has no one but himself to play with.
But he gets over this difficulty by pretending that he is not himself. This is his way of hiding from himself.
He pretends that he is you and I and all the people in the world, all the animals, all the plants, all the rocks, and all the stars.
In this way he has strange and wonderful adventures, some of which are terrible and frightening.
But these are just like bad dreams, for when he wakes up they will disappear.

Now when God plays hide and seek and pretends that he is you and I, he does it so well that it takes him a long
time to remember where and how he hid himself. But that's the whole fun of it – just what he wanted to do.
He doesn't want to find himself too quickly, for that would spoil the game.
That is why it is so difficult for you and me to find out that we are God in disguise, pretending not to be himself.

But when the game has gone on long enough, all of us will wake up, stop pretending, and remember that we are all
one single Self – the God who is all that there is and who lives for ever and ever.”

- Alan Watts.

Existence exists dude, read some ayn rand.

Yeah read her crappy circular logic from her "axioms".
lol sorry i'm not a fan of her too much and this is off topic so i conclude here.

BTW i struggle sometimes with the same questions and realizations. I have no definite way of dealing with it, except finding ways of losing myself and studying what others have said about it. Read Hermann Hesse's story Father Confessor in the book the glass bead game. That is a great analogy of hope and nihilism. Its bitterseet.

nice report, could use some paragraphs but interesting stuff. I think you experienced ego death/the void/hyperspace, and I think with a different perspective your beliefs about the experience could change. A lot of people experience the same thing on high dose DMT and find it to be quite a positive experience. Look at it this way, you always were a lone and it just took the different perspective that DMT gives you to realize it. I reeeeeaaally liked this post vvvv

i'm kind of placing my metaphysical hopes and bets on it all being a divine comedy, that the zen masters are right, that in the end all that's left is laughter.

That thought gives me hope, and hope is a rare and special commodity to have.

peace

Well what you experienced is actually reality as many of us from the Nexus have discussed.

I found this site... www.wedietorememberwhatwelivetoforget.com

From a Nexus member who discovered this secret- as many of us have - on psychedelics.

We really are God.... each and everyone ... trying to hide from "itself" or himself.

You live over and over again and never remember it because you'd rather forget and play than face the simple truth... You are God, you are alone; and until you learn to accept yourself fully you will never exist outside this fantasy.

But its ok , because I am God to, and we are the same.

Why live the same life? Why not a different universe every time? I guess it's impossible to tell if we forget at birth.

Well what you experienced is actually reality as many of us from the Nexus have discussed.

I found this site... www.wedietorememberwhatwelivetoforget.com

From a Nexus member who discovered this secret- as many of us have - on psychedelics.

We really are God.... each and everyone ... trying to hide from "itself" or himself.

You live over and over again and never remember it because you'd rather forget and play than face the simple truth... You are God, you are alone; and until you learn to accept yourself fully you will never exist outside this fantasy.

But its ok , because I am God to, and we are the same.
ha! I was listening to a song called The Greatest Weight (Horse the Band) as I clicked the link and scrolled down. Synchronicity is fun.

It is essentially that first paragraph but changed around just a little in order to be musically fluent. anyways..

So I once a heard it said that a wise man who sees the beginning of things will know the end of things.

I wonder if any of Nietzshce^s predetermined none can guess where this all going, given that assumption.

I used to occasionally like to ponder this question with assistance from such substances as Salvia but I always see the same thing. The beginning of something else, but not something else entirely, evolving out of what was there before. I would go into more detail but I suspect that if you have ever had a fully immersive high dose of salvinorin then you have already seen the same thing- where this world is headed. The continued chain of visuals always leads to the same thing if enough time is spent under the influence of the stuff.

Its been 3 years since the last time I blacked out on Salvia and I still only need to close my eyes and search around for just a moment to relive all the collective experiences derived from about 600 uses, as clearly as though I were living it with my eyes open..

There will come a time, sooner than you might think, when all of mankind will have to choose their fate, in a very literal, only one-right-choice sort of way.

The horibble weird things didn't stop I started to realise I had already done this before and had this exact same trip as though I was living this all again and was angry at myself for smoking the DMT again (However now I've come down I realised I never did have this trip before, but I wasn't sure if I'd lived this life before and life is just an endless cycle of the same thing living the exact same life unaware until I'm on large dose psychedelic drugs). Then even freakier the incredible string band song has a line which goes "Life remembering Life" this line looped what seemed 8 times as I was actually remembering this perhaps infinite number of previous lives, in real life the line plays one time but here it played 8 times over and over and I had to turn my ipod off to stop it the negative creepy feeling at this point was beyond anything, also the song had 5 stars on the display when it only has four.

This is what ALL of my DMT trips are like. "Yeah, you're back. Remember what this is like?" but that last question is said in the most sadistic way possible.

“God likes to play hide-and-seek, but because there is nothing outside God, he has no one but himself to play with.
But he gets over this difficulty by pretending that he is not himself. This is his way of hiding from himself.
He pretends that he is you and I and all the people in the world, all the animals, all the plants, all the rocks, and all the stars.
In this way he has strange and wonderful adventures, some of which are terrible and frightening.
But these are just like bad dreams, for when he wakes up they will disappear.

Now when God plays hide and seek and pretends that he is you and I, he does it so well that it takes him a long
time to remember where and how he hid himself. But that's the whole fun of it – just what he wanted to do.
He doesn't want to find himself too quickly, for that would spoil the game.
That is why it is so difficult for you and me to find out that we are God in disguise, pretending not to be himself.

But when the game has gone on long enough, all of us will wake up, stop pretending, and remember that we are all
one single Self – the God who is all that there is and who lives for ever and ever.”

- Alan Watts.

damn right!

All of the posts in this thread give me shivers, as I think everyone here has been to the same place. I've been there too, which makes the previous statement a paradox and false. Even though I haven't tripped in nearly a year, if I get a train of thought heading back to that place, the sheer amount of emotions and terror is immense and unexplainable.

I think the one thing about being in that frame of mind, even for a few split seconds, is that it lets you truly appreciate all of the little random distractions we have in this world and how precious sanity is.

I'm sure this post will sound crazy to some, but I hope I'm right in assuming a few will get it.

This is what ALL of my DMT trips are like. "Yeah, you're back. Remember what this is like?" but that last question is said in the most sadistic way possible.

I understand what you mean by that 100% although I find it more condescending than sadistic.

Briliant. You had your inciation! Just look what you have found. Its priceless! Its pure. You are alone but you are not alone. You have a spirit my friend, you have to find it whit your soul, remember that. You are not alone... "Down through the dark trees
You came to save me
You're so ugly and you're so beautiful
You're like no one on Earth could be

Take me home
Let me be the one..." Just LOOK what you have seen. I saw that too! You are not alone... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2K-QV0OWeo&feature=related No one can love you like He can, No one. Not even your one mother.

Its not horible, nor devastating at all. Please dont say that, please! You made me smile my friend. ;)

This is a fascinating thread, it has given me some interesting thoughts. I've never tried DMT but it is way up there on my wishlist. I loved "the egg" poem/story which was posted on the previous page, fascinating, but kinda freaky at the same time.

I have had the perception I am trapped being me.

I can only hope to die and never reawaken as myself.

Why in God's name you would accept such a shit reality is beyond me.

Why you would be happier being trapped in a single corporeal form, is beyond me.

Why I am me, is beyond me.

lol is actually lots of fun to go up to the roof and look at the stars... and i had some zamburinas with spanish omellete, tortilla de patatas, for dinner, and nice weed, and nice company, and things to do during the day, and the birds singing around, the wind the sun, the sea down there in the distance, the green dark mountains... i can't say this is a shit reality... couldn't it be you are just having a bad trip? why don't you have good one? i know is hard to make them, but is all we have, a trip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7criyE09uy0 and nobody is gonna make it for you

I have had the perception I am trapped being me.

I can only hope to die and never reawaken as myself.

Why in God's name you would accept such a shit reality is beyond me.

Why you would be happier being trapped in a single corporeal form, is beyond me.

Why I am me, is beyond me.

I don't want to live forever so Im happy with the reality that Im me and when im gone I am gone forever.