• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Reduce sweating during opiate withdrawal?

im suprised it hasnt been mentioned yet, but people, KRATOM works!! it really does.

i cant tell you how many times ive woken up sweating and freezing cold with the chills from w/d... not to mention nausea, restless leg, and that constant feeling of needing to stretch. you get up, stumble to the kitchen, pour some crushed kratom leaf into a cup of orange juice, stir, and shoot it down. 20 mins later you will be amazed. nowadays you can buy small amounts at the local headshop.

wow, i realized i just sounded like a commercial for kratom, which is not my intention, but when my guy ran out of subs and i couldnt afford my habit anymore, kratom got me through it. give it a shot. i was skeptical, now i keep a small supply for emergencies.

i had a small supply of clonidine .1mg pills, and while they did help, they didnt work nearly as good as the crushed leaf did.

The local headshop? We dont have any im aware of here....
Pema, clonidine is an old school drug..Might be why your Dr didnt know about it if they are 60yrs and under...In fact i had to get a script one day from a DR that is not my MMT Dr, and this lady Dr was amazed they are still used. She commented on it when i asked for the script..I didnt tell her it was for withdrawal.

My MMT Dr is about 60 years old and he didnt bat an eyelid when i asked for it two weeks ago, when i ran out of my script..

no headshops in melbourne? how do you guys get your pipes and bongs and all that kinda stuff?

the only reason i mentioned a local headshop is because everyone i talk to about kratom thinks you have to order it online.

If you're lucky enough to live in Canada like me, or some other country where codeine (or tramadol/ultram for that matter..) is available OTC, then just do a cold water extraction on those pills (sounds harder than it is). Get some with aspirin instead of acetaminophen if you can, as it is easier to filter out.

If that is not available, Sage tea is supposed to reduce sweating, and like others have mentioned loperamide is very effective during withdrawal. If none of what I have mentioned is available then try a DXM product, as it will dissociate you so that you won't feel physical symptoms as bad. They will still be there, but since you are dissociated you won't feel them.

EDIT: Haven't tried it, but KRATOM is also supposed to be extremely effective for withdrawal

Well i make my own bong!!I guess they are out there, but its not legal to sell bongs and paraphernalia in Australia...

As far as clonidine goes, are the patches insanely hard to get prescribed, even when being prescribed the pills? Or are they just rare or a good more expensive than the pills (i imagine they would be at least a bit more expensive)? I've heard that having a clonidine patch is one of the best things for WDs, but I've only ever heard of their use in high-cost, upscale rehab places (that celebrities might attend).

^^^^wow a patch?....I will be asking my Dr about that and giving it a go!!If we have em in Aust, he would prescribe them for me without a prob...They sound good....

Your blood pressure is all out of whack during withdrawal, causing hot flashes and sweating when it spikes. Clonidine is probably your best bet for treating this and many swear by it as the next best thing to benzos for opiate withdrawal. Unfortunately it is not exactly easy to locate on the streets, seeing as it is not a desired pharmaceutical, but a blood pressure medication.

1 year 6 months off Opiates

Man I feel the same way, I've been taking oxy for 7 years and was doing mmt (methadone) for over 3 years. I finally got off everything and now my armpits make me sweat like a heathen! Its so fricken embarrassing, I have to keep a fan on me at work that seems to help a little. Also it seams like just the anxiety of sweating makes me sweat too. I've notice I don't sweat while I'm sleeping, so that's strange. I've been drug free for over a month now and was hoping it would go away soon but after reading your post I'm not feeling so optimistic.

If it helps you or anyone, I have been off of Suboxone treatment for about 1 year and 6 months, and have not returned to active opiate use, I have however had a few slips along the way, mainly single dose hydrocone etc but not very many. The sweats will take a long ass time to clear up, where I am in WD recovery I still sweat, but not all over and not in my sleep. Its just in my hands and feet now, and mainly is triggered from caffeine and anxiety. Note to those giving up opiates even at where I am, its a pain in the ass but things gradually get better. at 1 year and 6 months, you will still be experiencing post acute withdrawal symptoms, however they do not interfere with normal life as I work a very physically demanding job. I also sleep well at night and have a lot of fun during the times I am not at work. For the sweat issue if it is bothersome try soaking in epsom salt bath it will relax you, because at this point they are brought on by stress response. This will also help with Neuropathies caused by elevated stress as well. For those who are just starting the withdrawals just hang in there and find a way to avoid using the pills again it does clear up and life becomes fun again stay optimisitic. They say it takes between 1 to 3 years for the lingering shit to go away. Also don't be a putz like me and decide to supplement with beer I am sure this isn't helping me. As for diets that help protein and carb base for the early withdrawal to help prevent massive weight loss, vitamins b-12 for energy, electrolyte foods and drinks, more so the stuff that has magnesium in it, will prevent dehydration effects, reduce skin itching, and help elevate moods, sunlight, vitamins C and E for the antioxidant effects, ice cream for the natural endorphin effect, exercise for the same purpose, support groups of any kind, patience helps too. If you are careful to avoid caffeine dependency then I'd advice coffee or energy drinks on occasion, also for skin itch related to dry pores from withdrawals, you can drink tons of water, take Zyrtec or Claritin, and use a skin healing lotion on the areas where the skin has dryed out real bad and is itching, for me it was every damn where. For rib pains, back pains, headaches etc etc. Tylenol or Motrin. I got lucky and got rx for Diclofenac which is a very potent anti inflammatory. However I also suffer from Compression Neuropathy from my C7 and C8 vertabr. Endorphin and Enkaphalin release therapy will also help. I pigged out on icecream, hiked small mountains with a support group. and got acupunture these all release natural body opiates. This was what helped the most. I would go from feeling ill to feeling lighter than air. Although it would return but it got me through the first 3 months. Bad things you can do as I have learned because they were my mistakes. Don't take Benzodiazepines and don't drink. I did this as little as maybe 1 time per month on benzo's and 1 per week on alcohol, and these have severely amplified the PAWS effect. Now I wait for these to clear although I still work and enjoy life. Another thing to help you all if you can stay strong through the 1-3 years of PAWS and the mood problems that come along with it, they say at 3 years you are better than you were before you used to begin with and the contemplation of using has virtually exited your mind. If you do mess up at 3 years plus your body has reset itself to what it was way before you ever used, which means withdrawals will not return as quickly. The trick it though, if you suffered enough through the 2 week to 3 month withdrawals, and felt like you almost lost your mind through the 1 to 3 year PAWS effect you may not ever want to go back to that shit. Hope this info helps you all.

Propanol or Minipress at night and if you can obtain it, clonidine pills or transdermal patches are amazing. Immodium for stopping the GI ass blasts from waking you up every time you consume any liquid or food.

Gosh I was just about to post the same question. I'm going through withdrawals from suboxone. I decided to go cold turkey. Isn't it so annoying? I get hot then cold got then cold. The only hope I have is that eventually it will go away. I don't know of anything that can help.

I just read everyones posts. Thank you all for the great tips. My doctor doesn't even know I stopped taking my suboxone but I'm going to contact her soon for clonidine. These sweats are killing me. I'm really scared now since some of you posted your still sweating after a year off suboxone. I really hope it doesn't last that long. It's super embarrassing at work.

I hate getting the sweats. But yeah like mentioned already just stick it out and things will get better

BTW: What causes this excessive sweating during withdrawal? From time to time it just starts, although I do nothing else than sitting on the couch and watching tv.
Any ideas?[/QUOTE]
The sweating Is your body getting all of the toxins out of your body (drugs,,,) it's a good thing but keep hydrated

BTW: What causes this excessive sweating during withdrawal? From time to time it just starts, although I do nothing else than sitting on the couch and watching tv.
Any ideas?
The sweating Is your body getting all of the toxins out of your body (drugs,,,) it's a good thing but keep hydrated[/QUOTE]

can i please clear this up once and for all, you can not sweat out toxins, CAN NOT;

Therefore, sweat is not made up of toxins from your body, and the belief that sweat can cleanse the body is a myth. “You cannot sweat toxins out of the body,” Dr. Smith says. “Toxins such as mercury, alcohol and most drugs are eliminated by your liver, intestines or kidneys.”