• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Doctors in CT no longer prescribing Subutex???

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that were the case I know my problem would eventualyl be finding veins lol. But I would siwtch to IMing I guess.. I dunno really. Trip reports for diacytlmorphine claim tit sucks compared to good heroin or just doesnt stack up. But I know what you mean.

^ If you are going to IM heroin, I hope you are using a micron filter...

i didnt say you were judging. and before oxycodone there were PLENTY of opiates being used. morphine and hydromorphone to name a few.

you are very naive when it comes to this situation, and you should be thankful. Not everyone has the willpower to cope with everyday life without the assistance of some sort of chemical. I, myself, have a physical ailment that leaves me in almost constant pain, not only that i also have a few situation in my life that broke me emotionally.

im not going to tell you you are wrong because you are right plenty of people have kicked heroin by way of suboxone or subutex and plenty of people have kicked suboxone and subutex as well. another point of subutex or suboxone maintenance is to give the user a chance to experience life without being high so they can learn coping skills while on it so they have a better chance of being productive once they are off the suboxone. when you kick an opiate cold turkey the physical sickness is only the tip of the iceberg. after all of the physical nastiness is over the user will most likely encounter weeks, if not months of mood swings, depression and anxiety because their bodies are not used to being opiate free. once you quit an opiate cold turkey you will still not be living a normal life because the post acute withdrawals will have you acting and feeling absolutely insane so the suboxone allows your body and brain to recuperate at a steady pace instead of having nothing in you and your body and brain go into a panic mode for weeks or months until it subsides....and the PAW themselves will be traumatizing for a lot of people

i will venture to say that you are ignorant to the entire situation, and that's fine, but you are walking a fine line coming in here and having a sort of "better than you attitude" and you may not be trying to come off that way but you kind of are. not everyone who tried heroin DIDNT like it, not everyone developed the coping skills you did as a child

edit: also just out of curiosity...what WOULD you use for a pain management drug? say you are a surgeon and you just performed a 12 level spinal fusion on a patient....what would you give him for pain?

a lot of people who are not farmiliar with opiates would say the same thing you are...that oxy shouldnt be used as a pain suppressant because it is so powerful. well i have tried multiple drugs for my pain issues and tbqh oxy really isnt that strong when relating to pain...

editx2: also every painkiller has a high likely hood of dependence and addiction

This is an EXCELLENT explanation. I love how people who have never been in the situation love to judge or say this and that regarding their opinions on subutex. I was a junkie for ten years. Since being put on subutex, I have gone from being homeless to having my own (nice ☺) apartment to having a car a full time job and about to graduate college.

Needless to say I personally think I have made tremendous strides, there was a time I thought I would die a hopeless loser junkie, and what a legacy that is. My point in saying your explanation was perfect is this: subutex isn't just to replace other drugs and fill the opiate receptors in your brain. It allows you to change your lifestyle, habits, behavior etc. Being on the medication allows you to make life changes by giving you a time period where you are completely free from copping, doing, and all the other drug behaviors that have been so ingrained in your life for so long. For me at least, this helped change the most important things that needed to be changed in my addiction, the drugs are the symptom the lifestyle is the problem.

I also think its so funny that everyone is making comments on how I must be addicted to subutex. Subutex isn't like methadone, you don't stay on it for years. Yes, often people become physically dependent but physical dependence and addiction are two COMPLETELY different things and should never be confused for each other and are not interchangeable.

I am weaning OFF of the subutex, and I simply want to do it at my own pace so I am comfortable and I do it right so I don't risk relapsing back into the dark life of drugs. I personally am not a fan of methadone but if someone needs to be on a medication for their whole damn life to allow them to live a quality of life like that of a normal person just so they can wake up in the morning and live like anyone else who is anyone to judge? Keep your own house in order and don't be looking through other peoples windows, it is not anyone's place to judge.

That being said, if my only option for staying clean was to be on a med for my whole life as opposed to shooting dirty disgusting drugs in my veins and being homeless and estranged from my family I would stay on that med! I am one of the lucky ones who made it out of a horrible addiction alive, and yes I believe subutex allowed me to change my habits and make the lifestyle changes that were crucial to creating a new life and getting out of the addict zone. I may be physically dependent On subutex but there is an end in sight as I am tapering off, and being dependent on subutex does not reqch anywhere close to the horrors of my life as an addict.

I now have my relationships back with my family who I love more than anything, and anyone can say whatever they want about sub but I say their comments and judgements (especially about my situation, you dont even know it! Lol) are ignorant and naive and totally irrelevant, most especially when they have no knowledge of the subject, firsthand or otherwise.

Also to comment on what Memphisx3 said about painkillers: so many people love to talk about how oxy shouldn't even be prescribed, its potential for misuse, abuse, addiction, aversion is too high blah blah etc etc have obviously never had the horrible experience of dealing with intense and severe pain. My aunt is a RN and is not working right now because she has herniated discs in her back and has had multiple surgeries and now, just 2 weeks ago got diagnosed with breast cancer. She once told me in confidence that her pain was so bad she goes to bed most nights wishing she just wouldn't wake up, otherwise you wouldn't even know her pain level because she doesn't complain about it. It took her trying to convince 4 doctors to give her an MRI because she knew something was herniated, and it ended up being the case and the disc was in her neck. So for all you judgers out there, she should just be miserable and not be prescribed oxy because its addicting right? I love self-righteous people whose opinion is baseless and worthless.

Again Memphisx3, two thumbs up, and thanks. It sucks when you are trying to recover from an addiction and all you get is judgement and negative opinions all around, its hard enough dealing with my OWN feelings trying to sort out how crappy I feel about my past less having to deal with others criticizing me about my present situation.

Last edited:
Sub has no recreational qualities. Ask anyone on sub maint. They probably piled up a fuckload of extra subs unless they sold/traded/gave them away. If it was a full agonist you woul dhave the compulsion to take more. You can take as much bup eas you wan;t and you will not feel a difference. For instance I am on 4mg daily.. If I accidentally put 32mg under my tongue (yes that would be hard to do by accident) I wouldn;'t even feel any difference what so ever.

It's a drug that allows people to change the external factors in their life, clean them selves up, then detox off that when you are ready. If you are on a theraputic dose it also prevents you from havint that weak moment..fucking it all up one night and using, b/c anything over 8mg is a blocking dose and you will not get high.

The above poster mentioned crack.. if you are an amphetamine user you are in a different ball park.. actually different planet than an opiate user. I am not saying crack isn't a serious drug.. its very addictive.. but tell me this. Once you put that crack pipe down for the night or however many nights you've been up, and get your self to fall asleep, are you fiending like shit in the morning? With dope the drive to use never seems to go away (unless you ahve total abstinence from it). With crack and shit like that, it's tough to stop using while you are on your run, like you wanna keep going all night all day, but once you do stop you are straight.

And if you stop crack for like 14 days you are totally 100% in the clear. Not so wtih dope. Bupe is not methadone (though I think methadone is a valueable tool just like bupe is in a clinic environment). If a opiate addict stops their maint. drug before they have tapered very low and more importantly mentally prepared to get off drugs and be drug free, it's HIGHLY likely they go back to dope. So bupe is an inbetween point. It's a step toward sobriety.. a crutch.

I mean you are a crack addict and still use ecstasy. It sounds like you can control your addiction. But for an opiate addict it's very rare to go from full fledged addiction to being able to 'chip' or however you wanna put it.

Ah I don't even feel like typing or argueing the point. Fuck it. It's pointless to try and describe opiate addiction and dependency to someone who isn't trapped in hell with us.

Also most any doctor you call over the phone is going to say that.. they see it as drug seeking behavior. I think the reckit bensicker course tells doctors nalaxone prevents people from injecting the suboxone. The BEST argument you can give wtih a doctor, and this is much better in person not over the phone, is that your insurance fully covers generic medication but you have to pay 50% with a $500 yearly limit for named brand meds. Just make it a financial point. Or you could go the headache from nalaxone route. Thats how my insurance really is and my doc has no prob giving subutex.

You are right, it is a pointless waste of breathe even trying to bother to describe the bottomless hell of opiate addiction to anyone who doesn't have first hand knowledge. And the thing that pisses me off the most is they think they have a right to preach their beliefs about their thoughts on suboxone and methadone and everything in between when they have NO IDEA about any of it. Reading some info off google on suboxone is no equivalent to having the life experience of someone who has or is living in the hell of addiction. For them to go on and on about replacing one addiction with another and all that makes me want to punch someone in the mouth.

Yea I have yet to meet a one time full on opiate addict who can now be a chipper. If that were possible I would be chipping right now, ha joking but of course not really joking.

@nativeaddiction it sounds like u need to be prescribed anti depressents if u ask me! Nobody was judging u here. Maybe I'm a lil uneducated on the subject but u sound mad at anybody that doesn't understand the situation. Maybe u should also ask ur doc for prozac and lighten up a bit. Lifes to short and beautiful to go around hating everybody and everything :)

PLUR is some of the stupidest shit I have ever heard in my life. Only someone on MDxx would think it was a good idea.

yanker you should just head out of this thread. Thanks for your input but your way off base. Once your dependent on opioids its much safer to taper down slowly on a legal product. Ok, im done addressing you.

For the op, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to get subtex. I asked my doc to switch when the generic was made available simply to make my meds more affordable. He changed me over on the spot and i have seen a few other docs after him and non have ever brought up any issues with my preference to subutex. Sadly im not in CT, but the fact is there is no reason he cant prescribe subutex, he simply doesn't want to and is feeding you BS. If possible switch doctors.

You have a legitimate reason for the switch and shouldn't be treated like a drug seeker. Subutex is no more recreational then suboxone, its cheaper and doesn't give you horrible headaches which is a known side effect of suboxone. You deserve treatment that works for you so dont take no for an answer, if he wont write the script go to someone else that will.

This is complete bullshit and is the reason why RB stopped making Subutex. People just don't understand how these drugs work.

i didnt say you were judging. and before oxycodone there were PLENTY of opiates being used. morphine and hydromorphone to name a few.

you are very naive when it comes to this situation, and you should be thankful. Not everyone has the willpower to cope with everyday life without the assistance of some sort of chemical. I, myself, have a physical ailment that leaves me in almost constant pain, not only that i also have a few situation in my life that broke me emotionally.

im not going to tell you you are wrong because you are right plenty of people have kicked heroin by way of suboxone or subutex and plenty of people have kicked suboxone and subutex as well. another point of subutex or suboxone maintenance is to give the user a chance to experience life without being high so they can learn coping skills while on it so they have a better chance of being productive once they are off the suboxone. when you kick an opiate cold turkey the physical sickness is only the tip of the iceberg. after all of the physical nastiness is over the user will most likely encounter weeks, if not months of mood swings, depression and anxiety because their bodies are not used to being opiate free. once you quit an opiate cold turkey you will still not be living a normal life because the post acute withdrawals will have you acting and feeling absolutely insane so the suboxone allows your body and brain to recuperate at a steady pace instead of having nothing in you and your body and brain go into a panic mode for weeks or months until it subsides....and the PAW themselves will be traumatizing for a lot of people

i will venture to say that you are ignorant to the entire situation, and that's fine, but you are walking a fine line coming in here and having a sort of "better than you attitude" and you may not be trying to come off that way but you kind of are. not everyone who tried heroin DIDNT like it, not everyone developed the coping skills you did as a child

edit: also just out of curiosity...what WOULD you use for a pain management drug? say you are a surgeon and you just performed a 12 level spinal fusion on a patient....what would you give him for pain?

a lot of people who are not farmiliar with opiates would say the same thing you are...that oxy shouldnt be used as a pain suppressant because it is so powerful. well i have tried multiple drugs for my pain issues and tbqh oxy really isnt that strong when relating to pain...

editx2: also every painkiller has a high likely hood of dependence and addiction

MEMPHIS, you are obviously well educated on the subject and know your stuff. You explained it very well, especially the PAWS. Of course most people, if not plauged by ongoing/coming and going bouts of PAWS, difficulties coping and of course cravings for months or even years after kicking a dope habit then tapering off Sub, they wouldn't need the Sub in te first place. I skip right over rediculous posts by people uneducated and ignorant like Yankers because obviously he has no business speaking on a topic he clearly knows nothing about. It's people like that who just perpetuate ignorance and are left better ignored. If more people were educated at all on this issue and had understanding such as yourself, the stigma of these LIFE-SAVING medications would dissipate. Sadly, people make moral judgements on those who have addiction, a disease of the brain AS STATED BY THE DSM-IV. So for those of you like Yankers, get your shit straight before talking out of your ass next time, take a minute to read the facts before casting judgement on those you understand nothing about their condition. Thanks Memphis for the great explanation :)

Status
Not open for further replies.