Support is looking for a new moderator!

felix

Bluelight Crew
Due to some internal promotions, the SUPPORT forum is looking for an additional moderator to help out animal_cookie.

serverroom.jpg

We are looking for people who are familiar with Bluelight and its strange ways. You would need to confidently know your way around this wonderful forum, the biggest and best drug harm reduction site on the world wide web. [citation needed]

We don't expect our staff to be on duty 24/7, but we do expect them to check into their forum at least every couple of days. All applicants must be confident & experienced users of forum software (especially vBulletin), and it wouldn't hurt to have experience of wiki software too. Even more important is the ability to answer the same questions every day, in a friendly manner, with a smile on your face. ;)

If you are interested and think you have what it takes, please:

• State why you think you'd be a good choice
  • Let us know your approximate geographical location (or time zone)
  • Tell us about any technical support experience you have out in the real world (this is not required, but it would help)
  • Post a link to your favourite xkcd
  • Tell us where you can find the Greenlighters Guide

The successful applicant - like all members of staff - will receive a larger PM box, and the opportunity to interact in the staff forums, with a community of nearly 100 other people from all over the world.

Please feel free to ask any questions in this thread or by PM.

All applications to be sent by PM to: animal_cookie, tambourine-man, and felix, by... let's say midday GMT on Saturday 17th March 2012.

Good luck! :)

-- the Support Staff

Last edited:
my favorite xkcd comics tend to do with love. this has been a favorite for awhile now

unsatisfied.png

I can't take on any more mod positions right now, but to address that picture: Is that a Bluelight sticker???? Where does one procure such a thing-of-legend??

~ vaya

^there used to be a whole bunch of BL merchandise available on cafepress. but that was years ago. there has been some talks of bringing back BL merchandise tho, you can read about it here.

I can't take on any more mod positions right now, but to address that picture: Is that a Bluelight sticker???? Where does one procure such a thing-of-legend??
that image's genesis, starting years ago:
  • find photo of chaotically wired server (probably from www.darkroastedblend.com)
  • take the then current BL logo
  • google translate 'Instruction Manual' into Russian/cyrillic characters
  • *photoshop*
  • profit

it wasn't a sticker. :D

i have a bluelight sticker on one of my snowboards:

nidecker02.jpg

:)

alasdair

That is fucking TIGHT man!!! =D

felix said:
it wasn't a sticker. :D

;) whatever, dude... sticker or no sticker, I need it.
And, shit, alasdair has a sticker! :p

lol if I ever find one, I'll put it in an old sticker book from grade school right next to the scratch'n'sniff strawberries and make it my profile picture.

But, yeah. Merch. Bring it baaackkkk (no clue how I missed it when it was around! musta been high or something :D

~ vaya

^there used to be a whole bunch of BL merchandise available on cafepress. but that was years ago. there has been some talks of bringing back BL merchandise tho, you can read about it here.

Hey, thanks so much for that link. I was absolutely oblivious!! :D
I responded with a potential idea...

~ vaya

my favorite xkcd comics tend to do with love. this has been a favorite for awhile now
^I like that one alot too! forever comparing, never evaluating on any external scale. haha just found this and thought it was oddly appropriate:

constructive.png

I'm digging the merch though! Did BL have a sales team?? Haha we should get a group buy going and bulk purchase some decals/clothes.

EDIT: Bluelight lighters would be too prime. especially if they were blue. ;)

Last edited:
OK, time's up.

we now have a difficult decision to make. we'll report back here in a couple of days. .

thanks for all the apps, folks. :)

OK, that's it done. We've decided on TWO new mods here - Enix150 and Tommyboy.

congrats to both!

now get back to work. ;)