• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Favorite video games of all time

single player because of the story, atmosphere, world they take place in...
1) deus ex human revolution
2) bioshock infinite
3) bloodborne

multiplayer...
quake world
quake 2
quake 3

i can honestly say some of the best times of my life was when i broke my leg in high school and played quake online all day. quake 2 on dial up, made some great friends even the longest friend i have, i never met in rl and he lives on the other side of the country. then q3 watching all the tournament matches from europe. good times!

honorable mentions would be street fighter and mortal kombat series, played em since a kid in the liquor stores/arcades and still to this day follow the fighting game community. stronger than ever and new mk x in a few days f'yea + sf5 next year HYPE!

I've never been a huge gamer but the games I have enjoyed playing are Doom,Duke Nuke 'em,Grand Theft Auto and at the moment I am loving playing Battlefield 4 online multiplayer.

i can honestly say some of the best times of my life was when i broke my leg in high school and played quake online all day. quake 2 on dial up, made some great friends even the longest friend i have, i never met in rl and he lives on the other side of the country. then q3 watching all the tournament matches from europe. good times!

You know, it's really awesome to hear someone else feel the same way.. when i explain to people that some of the best times of my life were playing online video games i just get a 1000 yard stare and a confused 'what?' - But honestly, im nostalgic for those years.. it was the last time i was truly happy and nothing else mattered, i guess it was the last great luxury of been young.. this was all before drugs, sex, and money.. which makes life great but usually not without some pain.

I haven't had a proper gaming rig for a couple of years now.. a lot of upheavels and changes in life has forced me into a different lifestyle, but this thread is making me want to go back too it.

As for favorite games:

PC Games(old):

Half Life (And all it's mods/side-stories - Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress)
Counter Strike (This was the only game i got very competitive with.. 1999-2002 were the formative years for me)
Diablo
Diablo 2
Dungeon Keeper
Starcraft
Action Quake 2 (The King of bunnyhopping)
Portal
Quake 1,2
Doom
Duke Nukem 3D
GTA
World of Warcraft (I sunk an ungodly amount of time into this.. before i quit i did a /played and it worked out to be close to 8800 hours+)
Carmageddon
Heroes of Might and Magic
Mafia 1,2
Hitman Series
Unreal Tournament
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

PC Games(new):

Half Life 2 (lol, i still consider this new even though its ~10 years old)
Dragon Age: Origins (before EA fucked the sequel)
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Team Fortress 2
Dishonored (This was a neat gem that went un-noticed, killer soundtrack and phenomenal stealth-play.. thankyou Bethesda)
Portal 2
Starcraft 2 and Expansions

N64/Console:

Goldeneye
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Lylat Wars
Perfect Dark
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat series

There's probably more, but it's been so long i can't remember.. im surprised i remembered as many as i have.

Last edited:
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time and WoW for me. Don't play much anymore, though.

You know, it's really awesome to hear someone else feel the same way.. when i explain to people that some of the best times of my life were playing online video games i just get a 1000 yard stare and a confused 'what?' - But honestly, im nostalgic for those years.. it was the last time i was truly happy and nothing else mattered, i guess it was the last great luxury of been young.. this was all before drugs, sex, and money.. which makes life great but usually not without some pain.
totally relate to that, well said. one of those "you had to have been there" type deals... ah to be young :)

I haven't played video games in about 15 years. If you were to ask me around the year 2000 I would have said Metal Gear Solid. It was the first game that made me feel like I was part of a movie.

Final Fantasy 2
NFL Football '94
NHL '94
GoldenEye: 007
Super Mario 64
Twisted Metal
GTA 3 and GTA: Vice City
Metal of Honor: Rising Sun
The Fallout series
Fable series
Mass Effect Series
Borderlands series
Assassin's Creed Black Flag

Final Fantasy 2 for SNES (IV in Japan)
Final Fantasy 3 for SNES (VI in Japan)
Mega Man 1-8
Mega Man X 1-7
StarCraft Brood war
StarCraft II (currently playing, if you play PM me if you want to play)
Mortal Kombat II
Ultimate Mortal Kombat III

Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Street Fighter 2 alpha 1
Street Fighter 2 alpha 2
Street Fighter 2 alpha 3
Street Fighter 2 EX Plus alpha
Street Fighter 3 double impact
Street Fighter 3 third strike

I never could get into fighting games. Those and racing games never really did anything for me.

Baulder's Gate Dark Alliance
Gran Turismo 1 and 5
Cod waw ,that 18 player hardcore domination mode was sick, esp if ya got good with a bolt action with no scope; be raping them lil niggas

Asherons call 2 l
Nfl blitz series
Half life series
Team fortress classic (omg)
Starcraft n64
Halo 1
Dungeon siege
Quake 3
Doom 2

Assassin's Creed Black Flag

I feel like they need to make an entire series just dedicated to the Black Flag playing style.

Assassin's Creed has always been a mediocre series, to me.... but Black Flag is probably one of my favorite games ever, and it's definitely my favorite pirate game. They need to run with that shit.

Agreed. I probably like the whole AC franchise a little better than you since I've really enjoyed a couple of them, but Black Flag is in a league of its own.

No I wasn't

It's actually up again , but I don't have a computer to playboy

I lived for that game during highschool from the beta for about 3 years

I searched for the old Nintendo game Adventure Island and found this video.

Knights of the Old Republic
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Call Of Duty: Black Ops, Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 3
Forza 2 + 3
Fall Out 3
Bioshock Series
Borlderlands Series