• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Favorite video games of all time

^ nice link. i anticipate getting nothing done for the rest of the day now...

alasdair

Asherons call 2
team fortress classic
Day of defeat
doom
counter strike
mario 64
goldeneye 64

oh, and going even further back, i wasted hours playing moria on the college vax:

96212.jpg

i did defeat the balrog once - it took me about a year.

alasdair

fallout 1-3. after i beat 3 i actually gave up videogames because i was playing like 4 hours a day and i said "fuck this i can't be throwing my time away."

anyone ever play any of the SWAT series games? I only had the 3rd one back in the day but it was really ahead of it's time with the amount of interaction you had with the environment and being able to order your squad members around.

Best part of the game is being able to stick the mirror wand underneath a door, seeing a group of guys with guns on the other side, telling your team to breach/bang/& clear, and then just watching it happen.

Unfortunately, it took me a while to realize you get a higher score for not killing every person with a gun

swat3_screen005.jpg

Major Stryker
Doom I & II (I still play it to this day using the modified engine called Skulltag. What makes it amazing is how easy it is to mod and how big the modding community is so Doom never really ends, I've been playing it since I was 5!)
Wolfenstien 3D
Heretic Shadow of the Serpent Riders
Duke Nukem 3D
Starfox 64
Castlevania 64
Bomberman 64
Bomberman Hero
BattleTanx
Spyro
Silent Hill 2/3/4 and Homecoming
Devil May Cry (series in general)
Quake 2
Quake 3 Arena
Halo 2/3 (Competitive multiplayer only) Halo 4 can suck a fat one!
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (Multiplayer only)
Diablo II (especially with the Median mod 28+ new uberquests and revamped game in general)
Gears of War (only the original for its multiplayer, the ones afterwords were ruined)
RanbowSix Vegas (multiplayer only)
Call of Duty MW2 (multiplayer)

There's probably a few I'm missing.

fallout 1-3. after i beat 3 i actually gave up videogames because i was playing like 4 hours a day and i said "fuck this i can't be throwing my time away."

honestly I felt like New Vegas was more of an expansion to FO3 than an actual game but it was pretty fun I guess

FO3 was pretty cool though, I know I'm not the only one who blew up Megaton

really I blew it up just so I could kill this guy later on for his suit and handgun

Mister_Burke_by_IronShrineMaiden.jpg

anyone ever play any of the SWAT series games? I only had the 3rd one back in the day but it was really ahead of it's time with the amount of interaction you had with the environment and being able to order your squad members around.

Best part of the game is being able to stick the mirror wand underneath a door, seeing a group of guys with guns on the other side, telling your team to breach/bang/& clear, and then just watching it happen.

Unfortunately, it took me a while to realize you get a higher score for not killing every person with a gun

swat3_screen005.jpg

the original rainbow six was great for this kind of strategy. it was amazing to plan out the routes of completely separate teams and time them just right.

Major Stryker
Doom I & II (I still play it to this day using the modified engine called Skulltag. What makes it amazing is how easy it is to mod and how big the modding community is so Doom never really ends, I've been playing it since I was 5!)
Wolfenstien 3D
Duke Nukem 3D
Starfox 64
Castlevania 64
Bomberman 64
Bomberman Hero
BattleTanx
Spyro
Quake 2
Quake 3 Arena
Diablo II (especially with the Median mod 28+ new uberquests and revamped game in general)
Gears of War (only the original for its multiplayer, the ones afterwords were ruined)

Just curious. What do you dislike about Halo 4?

Just curious. What do you dislike about Halo 4?

Well, I'm in to competitive gaming (E-sports settings, etc...) Halo 4 is a broken ass pile of trash when it comes to skill gap, cause there's none. Halo used to be the flagship game for MLG (E-sports in general) and after Halo 3 it just started going downhill because the developers thought it would be a good idea to try new things and water the gameplay down. To support my "opinion" Halo 4 was ripped off the E-sports scene because it was so bad.

Not only is it just because it lacks skill, but it also has to do with the fact that it feels NOTHING like the Halo I grew up playing. It feels like "Call of Duty in space"

However, the developers of Halo 4 admitted to messing things up and to expect Halo "5" to return to its Halo roots.

Yea... I can agree. I don't know quite what you mean but it has pissed me off a bit. But, I like it enough to continue playing.

I didn't care greatly for Halo 3. I guess maybe I did but I sold it and played COD4. Loved H1 and H2. 3 was cool but something about it messed with me.

Did you like Reach?

What is "skill gap"?

I have felt that I am a much better player, or was. I used to be light years ahead of others in H2 online much of the time. In H4 I get owned sometimes. Same happened with 3. May just be getting old.

I used to play Halo 2 a lot when I first got my 360

it was pretty cool but I always felt like Unreal Tourney was better

only thing Halo had that UT didnt really was the campaign / story

I'd say 2 was better than 3 though

Kingdom Hearts was pretty bad ass. It's a toss up between FFVII and FFX for me as far as those go.
Al the soul caliber games were legit as fuck too.

The old school metal gear solid series was top notch as well.

I'll think of more soon.

Major Stryker
Wolfenstien 3D
Duke Nukem 3D
Starfox 64
Castlevania 64
Bomberman 64
Bomberman Hero
BattleTanx
Spyro
Quake 2
Quake 3 Arena

Really liking your taste in games. I think R6 Vegas on Realistic mode makes it good for more than just the multiplayer.

Dragon Ball Z-Final Bout for ps1 was bad ass. Had to nig rig it with a jap conversion card.

All the Star Wars KOTOR games were awesome.

Super Smash bros and Donkey Kong for '64

Sonic 2 for genisis

Dragon Warrior Monsters 1&2 for gameboy color.

dude two of my favorite video game characters are from the first one.

212759-jolee.jpg

kotor-hk-47-screenshot.jpg

Oh he'll yeah nigga! Those are two of my favorite characters. I loved my viridian lightsaber! My character was so corrupted by the dark side that his face was disfigured and had a completely black aura.

yeah Bioware definitely made some memorable characters

nsfw for DUMP

NSFW:
Mass_Effect_2_Garrus_by_Homicide_Crabs.jpg

Kangmad.jpg

dr__mordin_solus_by_calisto_lynn-d3gmqit.jpg

2011-11-10_00001.jpg

tumblr_md3ijcZ6Hc1rwuk4ko1_r1_500.gif

missionage1vm.jpg

lol, I would fuck a Twi'lek
Bao_Dur_and_Remote_by_headwithwings.jpg

Calonordtat.png

CanderousOrdoOnTheRavager.jpg

Davik+Kang+2.jpg

1156488-tazzik_2.jpg

Lol I still have this poster hanging up in my bedroom to this day.
kotor2_wallpaper_01.jpg